It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has ATS sprung you from the sheep pen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This thread is gonna be a kinda short beginning post that i'm hoping to expand on as the thread goes on.
America is run by corporate elitists, corporate elites who propagate lies and try to keep america in the dark by distracting us and dumbing us down with their media BS, the make "news" their propagandist mouthpiece and any true journalist such as Julian Assange they suppress, they owe no allegiance and are here for their own personal gain.

So my question to you. How has ATS sprung you from the sheep pen? How has it changed you opinion of the world? I know I realized 99% of people around me were sheeple. How about you?

peace,love,and light on your journey
all the best,
Jacob
edit on 28-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It sure keeps me on my toes....Need to not stay close to your monitor too long though as they will effect you...

Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors...Here is the U.S. Patent

Link:patft.uspto.gov... 2F6506148&RS=PN%2F6506148

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't say I was actually in the "sheep pen" when I got here, but I was on the fence
I was happy to find that there were many that thought similar things as I did and had the same concerns, though I am still quite shocked that with all the information here, many still disagree about what may really be going on.

But its a process and I happy to say that ATS was part of that, and of course including those I shared with and learned from. I can only hope that some may have learned from me as well. Good thread by the way. S&F.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
ATS did not wake me up to corporate lies, my first job (in corporate HR) did that. Lol...

There is a book you may like to look into, quite insightful. Snakes in Suits, when Psychopaths Go to Work. There is also a thread discussion, here. Now, I don't think all people working in corporate environment are snakes or psychopaths, but it is an attractive "atmosphere" for those who may wish to be a part of it. The "pull" is a strong one and the environment lends itself to success. As does Politics, to some degree.

In any case, look into the concepts, I found them fascinating.

*As a side note, I must say I detest the term "sheep" or "sheeple" it's derogatory, overused and especially here on ATS, seems to indicate that the person using it can easily be labeled the same, for following the crowd. Just sayin'

edit on 28-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
ATS did not wake me up to corporate lies, my first job (in corporate HR) did that. Lol...

There is a book you may like to look into, quite insightful. Snakes in Suits, when Psychopaths Go to Work. There is also a thread discussion, here. Now, I don't think all people working in corporate environment are snakes, or psychopaths, but it is an attractive "atmosphere" for those who may wish to be a part of it. The "pull" is a strong one and the environment lends itself to success. As does Politics, to some degree.

In any case, look into the concepts, I found them fascinating.

*As a side note, I must say I detest the term "sheep" or "sheeple" it's derogatory, overused and especially here on ATS, seems to indicate that the person using it can easily be labeled the same, for following the crowd. Just sayin'

edit on 28-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

thank you for posting, yes I will look into it. And ya i'd say it's overused but because it fits so perfectly to so many.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
They didn't..I found ATS because I was awake not because they did anything..Better question is.."How has ATS benefited from the awaken masses that wind up here of their own accord?" Lets face it, the information we all seek is out there that is why people constantly post here..they post what they read and bring the information..ATS is merely a forum for people to share what they have found..or ask a question about what they don't understand (well most do, there are indeed alot of idgits here who think they are truly awakened when indeed they are just sheep that pretend to have a clue,sorry its true). ATS is nothing more then a digital street corner we all hang out on to share our concerns.(and again I must explain my statement so the idiots who think questioning for the sake of questioning is actually intelligence,Back in the day the street corners of cities (as well as barber shops even further back) were where people congregate to talk about the happenstances of the local and world issues. (shame I even have to explain that) If ATS didn't exist we all still would and we'd be somewhere else doing the same thing.Enjoy those adsense payouts and be sure to thank everyone who makes that a possibility for you..US. and maybe screen your MODS a bit better..not all..but you have few who abuse their privilege.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I wouldn't say I was actually in the "sheep pen" when I got here, but I was on the fence
I was happy to find that there were many that thought similar things as I did and had the same concerns, though I am still quite shocked that with all the information here, many still disagree about what may really be going on.

But its a process and I happy to say that ATS was part of that, and of course including those I shared with and learned from. I can only hope that some may have learned from me as well. Good thread by the way. S&F.

Peace, NRE.

Thanks! Yes I too was happy to see so many critical thinkers actually discussing real news. Unlike CNN, we have nuclear power plants melting down, and massive uprisings in North Africa, and in Libyas case american lives at stake. And CNN is talking about Elizabeth Taylor, and Charlie Sheen. Pathetic...

There is only the truth and were all here to find it together.

Peace,love,and light on your journey.
all the best,
Jacob

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Found this quote by Adrienne Rich while searching for some insight

“It's exhilarating to be alive in a time of awakening consciousness; it can also be confusing, disorienting, and painful

So true...so true. My eyes have been opened. Now if I could just open my mind just a tad bit more I might be headed in the right direction. Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

That sounded kind of angry.

But ya I agree, I was always a critical thinker, ATS just helped me form my opinion. And I see it has done the same for you. I stared you post, thought it was good. And ya your right there are some idiots here. But thats anywhere. Thats just the majority of the human race I suppose.

all the best,
Jacob

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Is it bad to say that ATS has helped me hone my skills of differentiating between idiots and genius'? Cuz after all... it's a fine line between the two.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
ATS did not serve to spring me from the pen of sheep. I became aware because someone 'in the know' was kind enough to reach out to me. Because of the economy, this fellow was removed from the 70 hr / week grind and plunged into unemployment like millions of others. When the shackles and blinders of a life lived under the iron fist ceased to blind him he used his time to examine the world around him.

He de-programmed himself from the grasp of the cult that molded him. He spent years scanning stories, news and reports from a wide variety of sources. Most important, he thought about things, analyzed them, questioned motives and more. Lots of research & thinking.

We work together around the house and discuss many topics. Slowly but surely I found myself questioning things. My well-read friend often stated: "don't take my word for it. read up on things yourself, check it out". So my eyes were opened by someone who gives a damn.

ATS is typical of the Internet. You have to wade through an amazing amount of rubbish to find something that might be usable.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would say that I have always been an UFO,Ancient Alien fanantic,til it seem to become old news.
But what really got me on here was the"RealNews" of what is currently going on.
I just got so fed up with MSM that I just stop watching and reading about it and sought out the real truth.
Found it all here,rolled into one.
A one stop shopping experience for all that intrigues the mind.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

ATS is typical of the Internet. You have to wade through an amazing amount of rubbish to find something that might be usable.

You got that right, LargeFries. Sounds like you are lucky to have that friend. Unfortunately I think it is getting worse on ATS but I always really appreciate people here who do outside reading and serious outside study of history, science and current events. People who source information with only with a link to yet another ATS thread especially if it is speculative or an opinion piece don't really cut it for me nor do the words "sheeple" and "waking up" but it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm still new but since coming here I've learned a lot.

Just by clicking on the forums button I get over 50 topics I wouldn't have even considered a conspiracy, and when you dwelve into these topics you discover information that is truely astonishing.

Me and my friend of a long time got into an arguement the other day. He's said the gov. chemtrials where BS and I put him in his place. I told him about a few of the gov. plots currently underway and he dismissed them and made me out to be a uni boff who waffles on about # I don't know about. So I told him to show me what evidence he could provide me to persuade me he wasn't just saying what his big head thought was true and he said he has no evidence. So I told him I've researched it, I named particles that have been found in places their not meant to be, I named ingredients that are in drinks that should be, I named ingredients that are in vaccines and medicines that shouldn't be and I also named wars that we are in that we shouldn't be. And yet still this dude didn't believe me. But what killed it was this "Why do I care if my kids are going to be infertile, I'm not gonna be around to worry about that".

This is when I thought about giving him this website. But he wouldn't join and tbh I don't want him to.. In all honesty I want him to die very slowly from the gov. inflicted pain... But the moral of the story was some people just won't believe. I for one am a strong believer, simply because I, like most others on here can read between the lines and connect the dots.

top topics

join