It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flood of Non-Speaking Middle Eastern Males Crossing Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
July 23, 2004
From Chris Simcox
The Tombstone Tumbleweed

Border Patrol field agents have shared some disturbing information with the Tumbleweed as well as other civilian sources with the hope the information will make it to the general public.

The Tumbleweed has verified information that a flood of middle-eastern males have been caught entering the country illegally east of Douglas, Arizona. The increased patrols in the Huachuca Mountains area of Cochise County, seems to have diverted the flow of OTM's, "other than Mexicans" east to the Chiricahua Mountains. In the last month, the Tumbleweed has confirmed at least two documented accounts of Border Patrol agents encountering large groups of non-Spanish speaking males in the Chiricahua foothills and on trails along the high mountain areas.

john

www.tombstonetumbleweed.com...

[edit on 22-9-2004 by SIRR1]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Up to 4000 illegals cross the border every day in Arizona alone, how many in California, New Mexico and Texas?

How many of them are armed terrorists?

How many of them get caught?

It is estimated that there are 15,000,000 (fifteen million) illegals in the United States, why? Because people keep hiring them as cheap labor!

Here's part of an article from Time Magazine which is quite informative, It is the September 20th issue in the archives, be sure to check the graphics as well.

Want to stop the Illegal alien problem? Stop hiring questionable day laborers and undocumented housemaids, stop hiring them to do piecework, and stop saying that "It's the Governments job to catch them not mine!"

edit to add alert light!

[edit on 21-9-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Hey, if they come across our southern border, how many arrive from our northern border. I live near the Detroit-Windsor border. I gotta think the Coast Guard is kept busy. *fingers crossed*

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It would definately suck to have this problem. I guess there is some advantage to having a giant moat such as the Pacific and Indian Oceans around a country.

4000 a day is quite an incredible number. Actually, it's mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
it is scary about 200 yrs ago they where seen as sub human its like once u let 1 in that turns to a couple of thousand then a million and then how do u tell and alien from a born and bread american, im from the uk and after we built the channel tunnel floods of them come in ,worst thing we ever done,then french make them a home from home until they try for dover then wham there in the uk with the begging bowels out and when they have kids in this country cos it takes a few yrs to pack them home then outcry cos the kids are brittish they need parents, ohh and if ur married to a foriegner in britton they get allowed in and ive seen many pregnant females enter britton

is this not strange , funny thing is what can any 1 do about it nothing cos there already here and mltiplying

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why does the US not put up a barrier? Would it cost more than the $200 billion being spent on our so-called fight against terror in Iraq? Does the administration really give a crap about our security?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
And you're sure that none of them can speak?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
They wouldn't have to travel armed. They could just meet up at a predetermined location, safe house or rendezvous with everything they would need already there. It would be easier and more efficient to travel as light as possible, with out the trappings that would draw attention and detainment. It is easier to hide and run when you don't have junk to tote around.

I would want to know where they are going once inside our border, perhaps surveil them awhile to see if others could be caught.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What I am curious about is, that we are reading about this for a while, but how come nothing has being done about it.

How real is it, and does anybody knows where this people is heading or if they are being pick up by anybody else, in other world others waiting for them.?

I was unable to link, but does anybody knows if somebody has taken fotos of them?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
People just in the news the problem you posted about is been review at CNN so I guess the issue it is becoming a problem big enough to grant a spot in the news.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Why does the US not put up a barrier? Would it cost more than the $200 billion being spent on our so-called fight against terror in Iraq? Does the administration really give a crap about our security?

The day the United States of America puts up a barrier is the day we have lost in every possible way.

When you put a wall around a free nation what have you sacrificed? Freedom, Democracy?

what more in the name of 'security' are we willing to do here?

We will never find peace by building walls or barriers.

But I guess that is always an option

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

The day the United States of America puts up a barrier is the day we have lost in every possible way.

When you put a wall around a free nation what have you sacrificed? Freedom, Democracy?

But I guess that is always an option

Fact is, a significant part of the US economy is based on illegal immigrants.

I'm just showing it as an example of how the fears of terrorism are not valid but exploited.

If the government really thought we were in danger of massive terrorist attack, they would not allow 4,000 unchecked people pass into the US per day. Look at what just TWO domestic terrorists did to paralyze 3 states for three weeks with a piece of # car and a scoped Bushmaster .223. Imagine what 4,000 could do.

Walls and barriers as a means of physical defense have nothing to do with actual freedoms in a country. Until we put up a wall barring Americans from passing out of the country, we're in good shape.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
How do they even know they are middle easterners? Remember a few years ago post 9/11 when a father and son were arrested at the airport because they were mistaken for being Arabs when in reality they were Mexicans? Wouldn't this be the same thing you think guys?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Actually is not easy to differentiate Hispanics from Arabs the features and resemblance is very close.

For a person like me, as Hispanic I can tell the difference, but for some other person that has not much dealing with Hispanics and Arabs will have more trouble differentiating them.

Because my husband is tall and he got his mother Spanish feature and not his father Irish ones people think he looks Italian, while people from the Middle East think he looks Iranian.

It's very funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by taibunsuu

(Posted by UM_Gazz)The day the United States of America puts up a barrier is the day we have lost in every possible way.

Apparently the UN agrees-- no barriers. But, it looks like the current US administration supports the building of barriers in other countries. Perhaps it will take a few hundred suicide bombers before we get to that point with our own?

UNITED NATIONS (CNN) -- The U.N. General Assembly voted overwhelmingly Tuesday to call on Israel to dismantle a barrier that would seal off the West Bank.

Israel has staunchly defended the barrier as a means to thwart Palestinian terrorist attacks, and it immediately condemned the vote and said it would continue building the barrier.

The plan is sponsored by the so-called Mideast Quartet of the United States, Russia, the European Union and the United Nations.

www.smh.com.au...

In other words, under the threat of security from terrorism a barrier can be justified.

MK

[edit on 21-9-2004 by MKULTRA]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a low budget film coming out sometime soon tells a tale of a vanished workforce. it's called "A Day Without a Mexican." it's about what America would do with no Mexicans, or Hispanics to do the dirty work.

we don't need no stinking wall!

as for how many cross the Texas border? not many. oh, of course, there are plenty of Mexicans that cross, but not many Arabs. we CAN tell the difference, you know. Arabs don't have as much to lose crossing the Texas border as the Mexicans do, so, they won' take the risk. not to mention the natural hinderances, there are ranchers who sit up all night waiting for trespassers. there are drug smugglers crossing, there are honest, hard-wroking people crossing, etc. if i had to cross and i knew someone was going in to destroy the place i loved so much that i had to sneak into it, that person or group would not make it out of the desert.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
Want to stop the Illegal alien problem? Stop hiring questionable day laborers and undocumented housemaids

Its a fundamental right for all americans, nay, all people of the world, to hire a hot latina housmaid. She may be wearing a french maid outfit, but she doesn't have to be french!

um_gazz

I don't know about all that. I do disagree with strong resitrictions on immigration for the US, I think that immigration is better in the long run than not having it, but a security wall on a porous border when enemy agents are trying to invade the country and the nation across the border doesn't have strong immigration control itself? Doesn't seem like a terrible idea. Not as cool as a flaming gasoline filled moat tho. But then, what exactly is?

taibunsuu

People don't seem to understand this. Shutting down illegal immigration, whatever the motiviation, will result in a significant 'downturn' to the US economy. I'm not saying that that is reason enough to allow illegal immigration, but I also don't hear people saying 'its worth worsening the economy for this'.

bemorecynical
How do they even know they are middle easterners?

they said they didn't speak spanish. I would assume that they spoke some language from the middle east.

marg6043Actually is not easy to differentiate Hispanics from Arabs the features and resemblance is very close

since races don't exist, this shouldn't be surprising.

while people from the Middle East think he looks Iranian
I actually saw a standup doing his bit and assumed he was indian, from the look of him. Ended up he was sicilian. I almost couldn't beleive it.

mk ultra
Apparently the UN agrees-- no barriers

I think there is no general resolution against them. There is one against a barrier in what they consider the disputed occupied territory in the levant.

fledgling666
it's about what America would do with no Mexicans, or Hispanics to do the dirty work.

Shutting off illegal immigration won't, however, mean that there are no immigrants. It just means that there won't be any illegals to do work below minimum wage and not pay income taxes.

as for how many cross the Texas border? not many.

Where are you getting your figures from? Would anyone but a border patrol agent notice a 'flood' of illegals in the first place?

Arabs don't have as much to lose crossing the Texas border as the Mexicans do, so, they won' take the risk

The implication is that these are terrorists who travelled to mexico for the purpose of crossing the porous land border there. Also, irregardless of what current patrol methods, official and unofficial, are in place, there is a flow of illegals over the border. And I have to seriously doubt that fellow illegals are in any position to stop other illegals from crossing with them.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes, a DEFICIT economy!

Center for Immigration Studies Report

Health care?

"The Los Angeles Times reports that 950,000 illegals live in the five counties comprising the greater Los Angeles area. Their economic activity is mostly underground, which means the employers pay low cash wages, no overtime, no benefits and no taxes. ... John Chiang of the State Board of Equalization, California's tax oversight agency, estimates that the state loses $7 billion a year in unpaid taxes because of the underground sector." And while the tax collections are miniscule, the payments to immigrant groups overall is large: "The U.S. Census Bureau reports that 30.6 percent of Hispanics receive means-tested government benefits
compared to 9 percent of whites."

Economic drain!

Illegal immigration from Mexico into California has been shown to be a tremendous economic drain on the taxpayers of California, despite the work the illegal aliens perform in the United States.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
"The U.S. Census Bureau reports that 30.6 percent of Hispanics receive means-tested government benefits compared to 9 percent of whites."

Irrelvant. Census data concerns legal hispanic immigrants.

Illegal immigration from Mexico into California has been shown to be a tremendous economic drain on the taxpayers of California, despite the work the illegal aliens perform in the United States.

Would'nt it've made more sense to post the part of the article that you think supports it? And how does a balance of costs v. payouts address having people in these jobs? I will state, however, that I think that the whole 'these illegals are doing jobs that no one else would do' is erroneous. Although, on the other hand, people employing illegals would have to pay residents a minimum wage and all other sorts of stuff, and I haven't seen any analysis yet on all those factors.

new topics

top topics

join