It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans rise up against Wall Street! Not 1 peep on MSM

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Found this in my subscription list after getting home from work.. I apologize if there is already a video, I searched but to no avail.

I like how the RT reporter mentions that they are the only media outlet covering these marches, and saying how unless people are lobbing molotov cocktails, the press or politicians dont even pay attention... Hell I didnt even hear 1 word about this at all, and I "scour" quite a few different sites often... How do you even find out about protests going on? I believe I read before that ATS arent allowed to let us start them or something... but how do we find out about them happening so we can get involved? I want to see more action and less talking...

2nd topic they mention is how... bank of america, and also general electric havent spent 1 nickel on taxes to our country which is also a super important topic, I saw GE topic was a top thread on ATS a few days ago, but I hadnt heard bank of america didnt pay any taxes either.

Us little guys gotta pay out 25% of our money(without any choice to the matter) and thats at the minimum... Yet the big cats can get away without paying jack #. Plus we are being taxed even more through inflation, then also state taxes when you go to actually spend the money... TPTB are just keeping us slaves to debt, no escape.

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
yeah...I watched "inside job" last night and I was mad as hell. I didn't fully understand how all of it went down until viewing the doc. I cannot believe some if not all of those aholes aren't in prison..or dead. I really don't think most people understand or care what happened and what is still happening.

I am in disbelief that the chain is never ending of people serving as CEO's of banks/investment firms/deans of ivy leagues and govt employees..they just switch back and forth, back and forth. It really is time to clean house and rid ourselves of these blood sucking fleas.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Clearly Russia has got it wrong.LOL Those are protests from the union laws implemented in WI. To even suggest people were protesting against wall street and the banks just shows how far RT will go in twisting the news. They are just like every other news channel in the US. Corrupt and spineless. The people protesting would have spent their energy better by protesting against CNNNBCCBSNYTIMES and the dozens of others who only report half truths and fluff news.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I finally got to watch Inside Job about a week ago. Fabulous documentary.

Really puts it out there in layman's terms so the middle class americans that were screwed by the banks can understand how they were gamed. Not everyone is as obsessive as us ATS readers.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's an embarrassment that not one Wall Street banker has gone to jail for this. In the wake of the Savings and Loan scandal of the 80's, hundreds (1,000+?) of bankers went to jail.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I would say the reason there hasn't been one word about it on main stream news is because the wall street is one of the sponsors for the propaganda which is our news.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

If you watch the video, the protestors are holding signs about Wisconsin... Can anyone verify that the video of protestors is actually from an LA rally...or did RT just totally screw up the video to match the story?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a very awesome find and s&f for you. this really doesnt surprise me as far as the media goes but the waking up of the people will definitely surprise me and in a very welcoming way. i only wish i knew of this and would like to be able to participate. hope someone can post info on when and where these rallies will be taken place or a link for the info would also be wonderful.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

you guys really need to look closer, the signs say" we support the wisconsin unions". not that they are in wisconsin but that they support the wisconsin movement. uuuughhhhhhhhhh

actually, ya know what i was wrong. the signs say " we support wisconsin workers". my bad.
edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Here is proof:
abclocal.go.com.../local/los_angeles&id=8036154

Notice the banner they are carrying at about 20 secs into video. It is the same banner in the video above at about 56 secs into it. PROOF that you can't trust the news from RT. Or any of the others.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The movement is called US Uncut, it's being followed by various news organizations...not the big ones though.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Ah thanks Links for the link

Also, I would also like to support the banking cartels behind bars. They have taken enough of our money and done nothing positive with it. Must be nice getting 500 million dollar bonuses. Makes me sick

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Heres a little followup video with the same RT reporter, interviewing a different person.

The key question that stuck out to me is...

When are we going to have a humanitarian intervention here in the US?

I mean seriously, we worry about policing the world, while millions in our own country have to fight every day for the major necessities (food, water, shelter). STOP THE MADNESS

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Our member LOAM has posted a thread (about a week ago) that belongs side-by-side with this one (at least in my mental scrapbook.)

It will give you the opportunity to perceive how these things "come together".....

The Goal of Ungovernability: Economic Terrorism by Those at Home

While the 'link' may seem distant.... I get the feeling that there is relevance here which some members may appreciate....

Sure it's about the Wisconsin and Union matters recently in the news... but the objectives extend far beyond that....
edit on 29-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There was mention of the doc Inside Job about the financial crisis and I highly recommend watching it for some excellent perspective on this mess!
Inside Job

spec

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by morder1

The unfortunate thing is that ONLY protesting does nothing. It's like posting your opinion on facebook....sure it might be the best opinion ever but at the end of the day, it's just another post.

We need protests but we also need action. We need to petition to remove those employees who fail to do their jobs.
People forget that we hire everyone who works in the government and we can fire them.
They work for us, we don't work for them.
We are not at their mercy but they serve us at our whim.

Once we remember these things and start firing those that fail to perform their jobs as required, we won't need protests and/or facebook posts.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Yeah I agree that peaceful protests are about useless these days, it just goes on unnoticed and nothing gets done...

As JFK once said, those who make peaceful revoltuion impossible, make violent revolution innevitable.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The only problem with this is that they won’t identify the Republicans as the chief evildoers in all this.

They aren’t the only ones, because many democratic politicians are also being puppets for the rich, but the Republicans are ALL puppets for the elite and are passing laws RIGHT NOW that will impoverish us.

The first thing to do is get rid of ALL REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVES, then we may have a chance!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal
The only problem with this is that they won’t identify the Republicans as the chief evildoers in all this.

They aren’t the only ones, because many democratic politicians are also being puppets for the rich, but the Republicans are ALL puppets for the elite and are passing laws RIGHT NOW that will impoverish us.

The first thing to do is get rid of ALL REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVES, then we may have a chance!

I am somewhat surprised that you think political partisanship really makes some kind of difference here.... but I am not arguing with you about it... just saying that in contrast, I think there is really only ONE party and the rest is all show to keep the people from finding their "one" voice.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What is it with RT´s hard-on against the US? It´s not that some of the stuff being broadcasted doesn´t have some true elements, but it is either very anti-American or attempts to portray the US in a state of chaotic declination. Has the Voice of America been streaming anti-Russian broadcasting into Russia as of late? Since RT is being funded by the Russian Government, shouldn´t we just get the hint and finally declare the Cold War as being resurrected? It is what Putin really thinks afterall.
edit on 29-3-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join