It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is time for Japan to Step Up To The Plate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The results of the Nuclear Damage is now being detected across the northern Hemisphere of Earth.
Particularly in North America, Greenland, and Western Europe. Though measures are low, continuous
discharge will increase levels. These airborne radioactive particles will reach ground levels due to atomic weight,
static charges, and rain. It has already entered the food chain. it is only a matter of time before it becomes
a cellular addition to yours and our bodies. The resulting health effects are non discriminatory, and multi generational. Seal the reactors applying the Chernobyl option. There is no humility in this once you accept
that the power of nature is stronger than the power of man. We are all on this blue boat together.
At some point, we must denounce our arrogance. The sooner the better.
All is fair in love and war, all is shared beneath the Sun and Moon, and we are all equal in death.
Could we not be equal in life?
Seal the Reactors and make it so.

Blessings

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hey. I feel the same way, the reactors should just be ENTOMBED and get it the F'K over with. They are affecting the whole world, yet.. they don't care. Check out my post in my sig if you don't mind.. it's along the same lines as this
[Japan's nuclear efforts... questionable?]

S&F&

-Mike
edit on 28-3-2011 by HiMyNameIsMike because: lolwut

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Great post,you are absolutely right,Japan has to accept this and do what is necessary to stop it..unless of course stopping it, is not what they intended to do from the start.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I really hope that the Japanese are not trying to "save face" or "do the honorable thing". The right thing now is accept and request help from the people who have the most experience and it sure as heck isn't the Americans. The Russians need to be involved in this as soon as possible and as much as necessary. Anyone else that can contribute with mass stocks of Boron for instance should also be involved. At this point this will affect us all. Economically , radioactivity, anything else you want to mention. This should no longer be up to one nation.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
They should have stepped up to the plate already.
Games over it has been for 2 weeks now, and everyones gone home.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm from a west coast state and supposedly they had detected trace amounts of radiation in Seattle, but the thing is that trace amounts of it are not harmful levels at all..look, you're probably getting more background radiation from the earth and the cosmos, than from any distant reactor in Japan.
What I would be concerned with more is the radiation levels in the ocean, just off the coast of these reactors...and of course within the country's water supply. This is what is most devastating.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HiMyNameIsMike

What is entombing them going to do?
If they MELT, and go through the floor and into the water table / crust its bad bad ju ju.

You think these super smart scientists are all sitting around trying to save their country, yet none of them have THOUGHT of entombing them?
Likewise, you think they've seen this as a viable option and just discarded it for no reason?

Use your heads for crying out loud.

they are under enough pressure without people going on about how they are deliberately doing this, or they aren't doing whats needed.

If any of you were as smart as them, you'd be there in the crisis meetings helping.

edit as that came aross rather abrupt, but I really think the obvious answers people are rattling around this board obviously arent going to work, or else they would have done it by now.

Its not like they WANT their nation to be irradiated, Japanese are proud people and love their history for the most part.

If it hasnt been done there's a reason for it.

As someone said, the nuclear catastrophe book is being written daily with this tragedy.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

you're probably getting more background radiation from the earth and the cosmos, than from any distant reactor in Japan.

Please show me what the "Naturally-Occurring Background" Radiation levels of cesium-137 and iodine-131 are ????

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

The point is that these trace amounts are not in dangerous levels and do not pose a significant threat in the continental US. Can you tell me why no one seems to bring up how many nuclear weapon detonations have been tested in New Mexico and Nevada. Why not the up-storm about something a lot closer to home?

These tests also release trace amounts of both cesium137 and iodide131.
edit on 28-3-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Can you tell me why no one seems to bring up how many nuclear weapon detonations have been tested in New Mexico and Nevada. Why not the up-storm about something a lot closer to home?

Sadly I can not explain this...I wish I could..perhaps now people will wake up to this stuff..but I doubt it..

But maybe it is because the amount of material difference ...Just one of these spent fuel pools at just one of these reactors has more fissionable material in it than all the nuke tests in the U.S combined...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HiMyNameIsMike

Thanks,,,they are dragging their feet on this. What worries me, is that this may become the standard operating
procedure performed by the "management' of Nuclear Reactors all over the world when a crisis arises. I am concerned
to not be hearing a more decisive stance taken by the IAEA, AEC, or even the U.N. ? Alarming really.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Wildmanimal because: grammar

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

If they are SO SMART, why has it been over two weeks and seemingly NO PROGRESS has been made. And, they have safety measures, they are supposed to be READY FOR ANYTHING. They are ready for earthquakes, tsunamis, and even TERRORIST ATTACKS. - - Surely a power failure doesn't seem THAT farfetched?

Tokyo Electric ignored warnings about the tsunami risks that caused the crisis at Fukushima, Tatsuya Ito, who represented Fukushima prefecture in the national parliament from 1991 to 2003, said in a March 16 telephone interview.

Tokyo Electric in 2002 admitted it had falsified repair reports at nuclear plants for more than two decades. Chairman Hiroshi Araki and President Nobuyama Minami resigned to take responsibility for hundred of occasions on which the company had submitted false data to the regulator.

Mitsuhiko Tanaka, 67, working as an engineer at Babcock Hitachi K.K., helped design and supervise the manufacture of a $250 million steel pressure vessel for Tokyo Electric in 1975. Today, that vessel holds the fuel rods in the core of the No. 4 reactor at Fukushima’s Dai-Ichi plant, hit by explosion and fire after the tsunami. Tanaka says the vessel was damaged in the production process. He says he knows because he orchestrated the cover-up. When he brought his accusations to the government more than a decade later, he was ignored, he says.

[ SOURCE ]

Finally, the PRESIDENT OF TEPCO has not been seen for two weeks. Suspicious to ME.

[ SOURCE ]

So, you're trying to tell me that these people are doing EVERYTHING THEY CAN to avert further disaster, after they have been KNOWN to falsify safety reports and other important documentation.. then give the OK on faulty plant containers, and now the president of the company is MIA? Yes, yes.. keep believing everything the MSM keeps spoon-feeding you. Back in line.
edit on 28-3-2011 by HiMyNameIsMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Just dumping concrete on the damaged reactors is not going to help anything. The temperatures are far too high for the concrete to cure. Concrete can't properly cure under high temperatures because too much water is lost to evaporation.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Thanks for your compliment. If I may add, I do not believe this to be the "otherwise"angle that you hinted to.
I truly believe this delay is due to bureaucracy, humility, and indecisiveness. No offense to My Dear Japanese
Friends , just painful honesty. If I may be so bold.....
Sometimes, you gotta fold.

I am not immune to that painful realization either.

No use flogging a dead horse.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BriggsBU

It is a start, and don't underestimate the ability of muddy clay. At least until the more effective measures
can be introduced. I hate to say it, but this might well be much more detrimental than Chernobyl already.
Has anyone considered that? Certainly would explain the media distraction/blackout now wouldn't it?
Let me ask you this,,,Would you move to Tokyo Now?

Not to jab it in deep, but when you see a U.S. Aircraft carrier come about and haul azz, it is bad.

Seal the reactors as quickly as possible, and pull the new green energy patents and prototypes out of
the vaults once and for all.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by michial

Yes, this requires international teamwork.
There is no dishonor in this . It could have easily happened to any of us.
Are not we all 'exposed'?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

That may be true, but I can tell you on many occasions I had the confidence to "fix" it,
only to realize the ineptitude and variables beneath the hood made it impossible.
At that point, with humility, I folded.
All the while knowing that my abilities would be in question before my "managers" next time around.
It is a tough call, but we are talking about a gradual increase of contamination WORLDWIDE every day,
that this continues. These reactors are spewing the most nasty radioactive particles beyond your information
EVERY SECOND. Spent fuel rods, experiments, and MOX knows what else.

It is time to step up to the plate of challenge and shame, and seal the reactors.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well you get one per year from the universe. In Japan, within say 50 miles radius of the reactor it is 400 per
hour, (an that is what you are being told depending on which way the wind blows), I would say book azz out of Japan. Now, Just remember, radioactive particles are nasty little bastards, which have the filthy habit of
getting into anything they can. By Sea, Air, Water,Fire, Wind, Land, Bird/Animal Food Chain.

Check out this Article. I'll admit long,lengthy, and formatted like reading a Shakespeare tragedy.

ACT 3/2011 my.firedoglake.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I agree with you.
I just meant it was time to step up to the plate 2 weeks ago.
They should have already asked for help. We should already be helping.
And your correct there is nothing wrong with telling the boss, I just F#$ked up and i cant fix it.
But you have to remember to this is the japanese we are talking about, and they would rather, death before dishonour. And that is the scarey part of it all.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

They are not "Tombing" Them because some believed they could salvage their investment(Reactor Site),
some believed the damage was less than it actually is, some could not admit to failure, and all of them
realized that it could possibly spell doom for their (Nuclear Holy Grail). Once the studies are placed upon
the other remaining reactors in Japan, the cat is out of the bag.
S a v v y ?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join