It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the cause of the Myanmar 6.8 earthquake???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I found this while researching the orbital diagrams.... coincidence that this small body passed within 0.0039 AU and triggered the Myanmar earthquake... Here are the links to see for yourself....The earth and this small body are basically on top of each other is the diagram... You can see the date, the closeness to the earth....

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

and here is the statistics for that date
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bmck12

I doubt it's relevant, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I cannot find the mass of the object anywhere on the Small-Body Database page. Without knowing the mass, there's really no way of knowing if it could have effected the Earth by the normally accepted means.

Perhaps it could have had some freaky -deaky electromagnetic properties, but let's start with the simple stuff...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Might also want to make a note that the earth is in alignment with the sun and Jupiter as well!

Something to think about.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Alright.. I have your information for you.... based to the physical parameter table the absolute magnitude is 27.69...
here is the chart to convert the size to meters so that you can figure out the size....
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

according to my calculations this would have been a little over 62' wide.... that is not a small rock...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bmck12

That's not the mass; that's it's radius. Multiply the density by the volume to find the mass. The volume is, if we assume it to be a perfect sphere because just anything else is absurdly complicated to calculate, 4/3*pi*r^3. (r=1/2 diameter, by the by.)

And, comparatively, that is extremely small. Let's take your measurement of 62 feet.

The moon is about 11400259 feet in radius. That means that the moon is about 183875 times larger than this asteroid. (I think that ratio should carry over through once you calculate the volume, but I can't remember and don't care to calculate it right now. The fact remains that this thing is tiny.)

Let's compare the distances with this in mind:

The moon is .00257 AU's from the Earth. This is closer than the object you describe, by a bit more than 1.5 times.

This object is incredibly smaller than the moon and significantly farther than it. To have a tidal effect comparable to the moon, this thing would have to be incredibly dense. Although I am not a scientist, I am inclined to say that it would have to be nearly impossibly dense.

Not the cause.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well thank you for your honest input.... just thought there might be a correlation..... trying to find answers....

new topics

top topics

join