It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trace of radiation from Japanese nuclear plant detected in S Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
www.tampabay.com...

Trace levels of radiation associated with a troubled Japanese nuclear power plant have been detected at the Crystal River nuclear power plant.

The radiation levels are very low and don't constitute any immediate health or public safety concerns, a spokeswoman for plant owner Progress Energy said. The company wasn't required to report its findings, but it notified federal and state regulatory agencies and employees as a precaution.

Trace amounts of Iodine 131, a by-product of the nuclear fission process, were discovered in the air at the Crystal River plant and a second plant in South Carolina, Progress Energy said.

Radiation stemming from the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Plant in Japan is expected to show up in small amounts in the United States over the coming weeks, according to an organization that represents the nation's nuclear power plants.

The levels of radiation being detected from Japan are well below what would be deemed unsafe or cause government intervention, said Ralph Andersen, chief health physicist for the Nuclear Energy Institute.

People are exposed to much higher levels of radiation daily through the air, water, sun and soil, Andersen said.

Really? This seems rather far fetched to be in SC considering it would have to have made it via the route of S.America and back up....or taken a short cut via the Panama Canal
. Panama must be glowing!

This sounds like a local leak myself.

Anyone here have any idea of how else it could have arrived? Gulf area fisherman are so getting hammered.

Makes you wonder about all the dead fish in Cali a few weeks back. The little things feel it first. I wonder if the Fuku reactor was fouling up already.

edit on 28/3/11 by felonius because: html screw up

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
canada coverup

2nd line

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It doesn't matter, it could have came from somewhere else...so says this so called Dr...

According to Dr. Marc Siegel there is no disaster..."Japan just has a problem and is correcting it and the U.S. and the rest of the world is free from it all". He states that, "the miniscule amount of radiation found in 13 states of the United States possibly isn't even from what happened in Japan..You should have absolutely no problem with food or water from radiation from Japan at any time...Anyone in the U.S. that takes a radiation iodine pill is putting their health at risk..They could vomit, he says"...lol....

What an idiot...How can this fool call himself a Dr. Don't forget his name so you will know who to sue if you start getting sick...He left no opening at all for future spread of this radiation..."Nothing will become of this in the U.S. he stated....".

Poor man, I think it has already gotten to his brain.....He can't afford to much more exposure or he'll be sitting in a corner singing lol-a-byes...I wonder what the amount was on the check he received from the government for doing these interviews????

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Really? This seems rather far fetched to be in SC considering it would have to have made it via the route of S.America and back up....or taken a short cut via the Panama Canal . Panama must be glowing! This sounds like a local leak myself.

Someone thought we would take this as being radiation from Japan when it was found
at a nuclear facility. I don't buy it for a second, I agree with you this sounds like a leak
from the plant in S. Carolina. I wonder what enticed them to test it to begin with. OMG
I cannot believe the way people are being lied to.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That was my first thought EXACTLY.. how in the F'K can they possibly say, "This NUCLEAR radiation in this NUCLEAR PLANT in Carolina is from JAPAN.. not this plant itself." - - that's like someone smoking a cigarette and claiming that it's coming from someone 100 miles away.. okay, so not quite so drastic, but it might-as-well be with the way they are reporting these "Nuclear fallout from Japan" stories along the east coast.

And of course there's the problem of it being reported along the east coast.. how the hell is it only touching the east coast and the west coast hasn't reported anything too extreme? Doesn't make sense to me.. opposite sides of the country/continent, yet they got NONE of it?

Sensationalist CLAIMS, nothing more, imo.
edit on 28-3-2011 by HiMyNameIsMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Uber conspiracy.

The japanese have taken mini subs and secretly dumped radioactive water by us!

not.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There is more radiation from the wimax microwave towers and cell phones that we are all bombarded with daily.

our government allows multi-nationals to kill us with GMO and toxins in the water but let us blame the Japanese for radiation.

good times.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

There is more radiation from the wimax microwave towers and cell phones that we are all bombarded with daily.

please tell me how much cesium-137, iodine 131 do I get from microwave towers and cell phones??

new topics

top topics

join