It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Address

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
So one of his statements where that he did not want to wait to see images of lybians slaughtered and I'm paraphrazing..So it was for humanitarium reasons I guess that he skipped going to congress. Well since we open this door shall we now go to Rwanda/Darfur (might I suggest the documentary "The Devil Comes On Horseback...genocide which the President speaks of that is not necessarily America's problems but they are certainly important to us which means we become militarily involved. We mocked Bush for trying to democatize Aphganistan and here we are in Lybia regardless of the size of the country is it our business? Is it our business when the homeless in this country are turned away from services? Mental Health patients released back into the population because of money? School budgets slashed and unions at odds with local government but we can go to lybia and pump untold amounts of money into to stabilize today and now probably for some time...I just don't get politics...
edit on 28-3-2011 by chrismarco because: typos

edit on 28-3-2011 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Remember everything with politics is staged lmao

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Spin doctors seemed to jump on the promise that this would not be "another 8 years in Iraq".
Wonder if this will be the end of the story or things get escalated like they did with Roosevelt?

After Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941 catapulted the United States into World War II, some isolationist historians later charged that Roosevelt had provoked the Japanese into firing the first shot so as to overcome American isolationism and thus ensure support, via the Pacific “back door,” for war against Japan's ally, Nazi Germany.

www.answers.com...
edit on 28-3-2011 by Bordon81 because: Toss some history in with the Pizza

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
But I keep asking this to people is okay what happens and what do we do once Gaddafi is gone. Because he said it and didn;t say it in a way that Gaddafi is going to be gone, Who takes control of the country? Again is it another Iraq! Where they are different factions vieing for power.

And no I do not think it is our interest to be involved in Libya's cicvil war. But I am on a isolationist binge now.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I personally loved the part where he stated that, "The US military's mandate in Libya is to protect civilians, not force regime change." and then said, " The goal is a Libya that belongs not to a dictator but to its people."

So which is it?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So I watched this supposed address and I am beside myself with anger...frankly I voted Democrat last election, and hell Green before that, but this blowhard speechmaker, said absolutely nothing in regards explaining his/our actions in Libya outside of leading a cheer...the only thing this poor excuse for a leader does is make speeches. I am overwhelmingly disappointed in his effort to represent his choices to me. He is a charlatan, a fraud and by no means a leader. He needs to be removed from office and someone with a level of responsibility put there in place. I guess we are all just too stupid to see through his BS "glossing" in his mind. I believe it will take a great deal more then a lil rah rah rah to get me to back him and his flimsy platforms.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

So did you vote for presdeint Obama??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ron Paul 2012
He will bring your country up.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I love that he waited over a week to address the nation about bombing yet another country. I was no fan of G.W. Bush but at least he didn't leave the public waiting days for a statement about war.

I am ashamed to admit that I voted for this bait and switch potus.
edit on 28-3-2011 by leemachino because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

Thank you!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Didn't we do the same thing with the vietnam war..I love this country but I would really love to see the common man get in office that is not rich...the government of today is disgusting and we would be far better off without a left or right party

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

I'm right there with you. I voted for the clown in 2008, and tried like heck to support what he was trying to do for 2 years, but it's over for me. I can no longer support a man who gives a speech to the nation, and the world, where almost every other statement is a blatant lie. He said that he consulted congressional leadership before ordering military action...that's obviously not true, or at the very least is deceiving. He said that he had full support of Arab countries, well that's not true either. This might've been the worst "speech" ever given to this nation, as far as truth-giving and clearly stating objectives, and this man needs outed from office immediately.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

very sharp...people should go to factcheck.org to review the speech tomorrow...awesome and unlike fox very balanced

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I walked down and checked on my boat rather than watch this pos on my t.v. Frankly, anyone still beliving in this buffooon, deserves what is happening now, as do the idiots who voted for him.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by Bordon81

I love this country but I would really love to see the common man get in office that is not rich...

I think you have a better chance of seeing Jesus Christ in a sequined thong riding a Pegasus down your street.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by leemachino

You can't be ashamed that's how politics work it's all about slight of hand and misdirection and the hopes that people will quickly forget about this and vote him back in which I can assure you he will be voted back in..and that's ashame

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

You are now ready to view the Obama Deception. It is perfect for you right now if you have not seen it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You see all Muslim oil nations in the middle east have to see this example...
That if you rise up others may come to your aid for the cause..... so the mob rule can run these countries into chaos so the petro dollar can be changed to a new currency so we can get the "Change".
This is all designed to eventually collapse our country.

Americans are too dumb to see that these countries need dictators to keep the peace.They are too upset and primitive to have responsible mob rule or democracy.
Did I mention that we are not a Democracy?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

.I just don't get politics...

You need to look at the bigger picture.

You might want to look at my post:
Napolitano sets stage for False Flag Terrorist Attack
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then think of all the stuff that has been happening in the Middle East lately not to mention the CIA agent caught killing two Pakistani.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Trust me, I'm not just now waking up to the fact. I actually have seen the movie a couple times, along with plenty of others. I whole-heartedly believed, at election time in 2008, that John Mccain was just as bad if not worse, so I voted for my normal party. After seeing Mccain's comments after this "speech" tonight, I still stand behind that belief. We do not have a choice when it comes to our president in this country, at least if you aren't stinky rich. I will remain a liberal, as I have always been, but voting for either a Democrat or Republican at this point is out of the question for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join