It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rules for Being Human

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Came across this in the interwebs today. It sums up everything I have come to know as truth in my life and it is put in a convenient little list. All the meditation, reading, and soul searching that I have done, can be boiled down to this one list and its simplicity amazes me. I am going to post it on my wall so #10 does not become true for me.

Enjoy.

RULES FOR BEING HUMAN

1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it’s yours to keep for the entire period this time around.

2. You Will Learn Lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called Life. Each day in this school, you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lesson or think them irrelevant and stupid.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work."

4. Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can then go on to the next lesson.

5. Learning lessons does not end. There is no part of life that does not contain its lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.

6. "There" is no better a place than "here." When your "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another “there” that will, again, look better than "here."

7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.

9. Your answer lies inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget all this.

~Anonymous

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Excellent find, and so true!
And the one rule who seems to apply to almost every one of us is #10.

Thank you for posting it, S&F.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
bringthelight,

That really helped. Been surfing the web a lot today looking at doom & gloom mostly. Your post really picked me up and I thank you! Star & Flag!

While the entire list is excellent, #7-10 were downright memorable.

Cheers!

Originally posted by bringthelight

RULES FOR BEING HUMAN

7. Other people are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself.

8. What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.

9. Your answer lies inside you. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.

10. You will forget all this.

~Anonymous

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
hahaha loving that last rule especially. Its funny right now im going to say to myself that I shall remember all of this, and apply it to my lifestyle; Though its a shame due to the way society works, we're all money orientated and this idea of lessons learnt, and no mistakes made is non-existant to us. Though I would love to follow these rules, I believe I would see a drastic change in my life =)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Love it. Nice find.

And even if you do remember all that, it still doesnt necessarily make the "lessons" any easier. Some of us are just defiant and sick of school.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

11. As a human you have the unique gift of being able to break rules as defined by those who make them.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Number 4 is incorrect. The problem with this notion, which is largely eastern religion oriented, is it presupposes that a lesson is an earth based idea, ie - learn to love another. But love as defined on earth is not love, but an affection attached to earth and earth alone. The word "lesson(s)" should be replaced with "experiences." You are here by choice, not because some principal said "go there and learn to be human, learn how to live with money, learn how to write checks, learn how to obey overlords with grace." Earth is just ONE place out of an infinite number of places. It is not "the" place, or the "first" place, or even an important place, it is simply a place to have an experience under a set of rules and limitations set up by a game keeper.

Final Rule: You are free to leave at any time.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Some of us are just defiant and sick of school.

Well said friend, we all have all felt like this at some point when we can't figure out what lesson is being taught to us. I think thats where the trust from #9 comes in.

edit on 28-3-2011 by bringthelight because: sp

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crankyoldman
Number 4 is incorrect. The problem with this notion, which is largely eastern religion oriented, is it presupposes that a lesson is an earth based idea, ie - learn to love another. But love as defined on earth is not love, but an affection attached to earth and earth alone. The word "lesson(s)" should be replaced with "experiences." You are here by choice, not because some principal said "go there and learn to be human, learn how to live with money, learn how to write checks, learn how to obey overlords with grace." Earth is just ONE place out of an infinite number of places. It is not "the" place, or the "first" place, or even an important place, it is simply a place to have an experience under a set of rules and limitations set up by a game keeper.

Final Rule: You are free to leave at any time.

I believe I chose to come here and I agree with you that earth is not "the" place, just one of many. But my consciousness has evolved here and it came from the many lessons I have learned. I don't know what else to call them but lessons.

It creeps me out, looking back at my life, that even when i tried to run away from my problems to a new "here" , strangely, I found my self surrounded by the same type of people as I was before. The same archetypes. They are there for a reason, and I had not learned my lesson yet. The circumstance was slightly different, but the same types of people and problems kept popping up.

We are in school, but I believe we came here by choice and we are our own headmaster. Some very good points.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Genesis 1
1IN THE beginning God (prepared, formed, fashioned, and) created the heavens and the earth.

26God said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.

John 1
1IN THE beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.(A)

2He was present originally with God.

3All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.

4In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.

5And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it].

11The Scripture says, No man who believes in Him [who adheres to, relies on, and trusts in Him] will [ever] be put to shame or be disappointed.(D)

12[No one] for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. The same Lord is Lord over all [of us] and He generously bestows His riches upon all who call upon Him [in faith].

13For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord [invoking Him as Lord] will be saved. ROMANS

new topics

top topics

join