It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Push Up Bikini's - FOR 8 YEAR OLDS!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
What kind of society do we live in these days? If this is any example, it's a really disgusting one that's for sure.

Padded Push up Bikini Tops for 8 year olds

This is pretty sick and is rightly causing a public outcry. Are we really getting to the point where all we can think about is money? What happened to any moral standards that Americans once had?

On top of that, what kind of parent buys this for their 8 year old daughter? I'll tell you what kind - an irresponsible one.

Here's something to think about...

"...about 1 in 4 women in North America were molested in childhood."
"An estimated 150,000 to 200,000 new cases of sexual abuse occur each year."

source

With this in mind, do you think the numbers are going to rise or fall if the trend continues...Are our 8 year olds going to be more safe from perverts because they're wearing push up bikini's? I don't think so.

Some of these bikini's even have inviting lingo on them. Some as enticing as "Wink wink" or as obvious as "Hey Mister, want to touch me inappropriately?"

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I saw this story ont he news as well. And I saw one of the ladies arguing I guess for it in a way or something. She said we shouldn't make it a big deal if we do it the kids willw ant it more. I think that is a foolish argument.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

That is a ridiculous argument.

Let's say our government was oppressing us...in her opinion our response would be...

"Let's not make a fuss about it because then it just gets worse."

C'mon, gimme a break.

A2D

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
honestly, people shouldn't even let their daughters wear bikinis at that age in the first place, i work at an indoor pool and its stupid. there's nothing there. that would be pointless.get them a one piece. or one of those tankini things. jeez

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SIKKAthanMOST

I don't really see the harm in letting them wear a bikini, but a padded bikini is just kinda ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
IT'S PEDOLICIOUS!!

#ing disgusting pigs. They tempt people and create whores at the same time. Damn any parent that buys their young children things like this.

It's not just the padding, but the text as well.
edit on 28/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Two things came to mind with this:

1. I've seen youngsters beneath the age 13 that had what appeared to be fully developed breast and
2. The parents should never allow their daughter to wear something like this, not with all the predators out there.

Kids are growing up so fast

and Agree2Disagree, I love your signature!!

edit on 28-3-2011 by Maymunah because: add

edit on 28-3-2011 by Maymunah because: word change

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maymunah

Yes, kids are growing up fast, I'll admit that.

I just don't understand why. What happened to letting a kid enjoy childhood? When did 8 year olds suddenly become aware of what clothes they're wearing? I remember when I was 8 all I thought about was what I was gonna ramp my bicycle off and how sweet it was gonna be.

A2D
edit on 28-3-2011 by Agree2Disagree because: grammar

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

It's funny but this is the direction we are heading into....it's rediculous and the company or designer who decided to push this line should resign and have a psych screening. You know we continue to go deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole. We allow the constitution to be perverted starting with free speech...we allow anything and everything on T.V. now and just as bad is the radio...everything has some inappropriate undertone..A some what silly analogy can be a reference to McDonalds and how small a small cup of soda yielded..it's perhaps half the size of todays small that is served. The same thing can be said for the music many years ago it was a bit more conservative yes still sexual undertones however very seldom did people talk about selling crack or shooting people. It just appears that our self indulgence has no limit...Free speech was great for those being oppressed but now it's exploited for the reason of profit and in my opinion the degrading of cultures and society..bikinis with padded bras in the grand scheme of things is really not that far off from the reality of today..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
what have ppl of that age got to push up?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Well said...but I'm still left wondering "when will it all end?" How much more can a perverse society like this get?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
While it is quite easy to blame the ones who came up with this idea, which they do deserve blame, we must not forget that the only reason they would come up with this is because they know it will sell. So inevitably the blame lies with the parents, if parents today knew how to be parents then this would not even be an issue. Society has virtually crumbled apart, hardly anyone has any morals, and hardly anyone treats values as necessary, so I mean what can we really expect? This is perverted businessmen offering a product they believe will sell because they have a market for it.

8 year old girls having a perverted agenda of sexual exploitation being foisted upon them by immoral businesses seeking to exploit them for profit and the parents just do not even care, so long as the kid is not bothering them and their work who cares?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I see your point but I don't necessarily agree.

With no product, there is no possibility of a market.

The business is responsible for producing the disgusting product, while, IF IT IS purchased, then the parents are also responsible. However, I am pleased to see such a public outcry about it. That grants me a slimmer of hope for the future. It seems as though some of the parents of America have a sense of responsibility towards protecting their innocent children(for the time being).

A2D

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree

Yes, kids are growing up fast, I'll admit that.

I just don't understand why. What happened to letting a kid enjoy childhood? When did 8 year olds suddenly become aware of what clothes they're wearing? I remember when I was 8 all I thought about was what I was gonna ramp my bicycle off and how sweet it was gonna be.

A2D
edit on 28-3-2011 by Agree2Disagree because: grammar

Seriously! And my Mom had to yell and scream to me to come in before dark as I'd been playing outside all day. Now we have to beg our kids to go out and play.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ha ha...my dad use to whistle for me when the street lights came on..and I'm only 40...where I work their are kids involved in serious crimes and I tend to compare their age to what I was doing then at that age and what a friggin difference..toys? they never played with them it's xbox/playstation or it's getting high...if we are becoming our parents what will our grandkids be saying when they get married about the newer generation?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have to laugh at this.

I was raised a nudist.

My neighbors girls are about 8 and 9 and most days during the summer don't even wear a top. Its to hot out here in the desert.

new topics

top topics

join