It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation in the States....CPM over 100 in North Alabama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well, like everyone else these days, I have been watching radiation levels from various websites, and came across some interesting data.

www.radiationnetwork.com...

This morning, in North Alabama the reading was between 98 and 170....then all of a sudden - 0. Were the monitors working properly - or perhaps something happened and no one was told. Which kind of speaks to the fact, are these anomalies (or incidents) occur all the time and we are not aware.

Here is a image of the map:

Not trying to stir up panic or anything, but just thought people would like to know (and the website in question did report those findings, got the local fire department to check things out - so far things are ok.)
edit on 28-3-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

That's funny. I'm looking at the map right now and Alabama does not even have a counter on it. I also notice that the west coast readings are in the 20's and 30's where New York is at 50.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Check the message bar on top of the map.

Update: 3/28/11, 8:40 A.M. Here is follow up on the Radiation Alert from this morning. The Monitoring Station in question is located in Huntsville, Alabama. It triggered alerts based on radiation levels averaging in the 100 to 150 CPM range. We tried to reach the station through a number of different means, including via the Chat forum available from within the Radiation Network, but to no avail. So after a half hour or so, we contacted the Huntsville Fire Department and recommended they take independent radiation readings in the vicinity of the Monitoring Station. After all, Huntsville, AL is located about 30 miles from two different nuclear power plants, so we had to take this alert seriously. Fortunately, their readings showed no elevated radiation levels above normal background. After some time, radiation levels from the Monitoring Station in question dropped first to 0, then resumed at normal levels. But still receiving no response from the station, we disabled it, essentially removing it from the Radiation Network. We want to thank the Huntsville Fire Department for their timely support in this matter. I will write more on this incident later.

mods I dont know how to put the above quotation in the thread properly. I guess I need to study more.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
crap im in ohio.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
crap im in ohio.

oh yeah?

well CRAP, I'm in Huntsville!
We've had some hellacious storms the last few days so maybe it has caused a malfunction. I can't find out any more info on this.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The past few days I have seen increased numbers in several areas from this link. I wonder why some days a particular station is showing a number and at other times showing nothing. We had an increase to 68 the other day in Indiana and then the next time I checked about 20 minutes later it was no longer showing the station. I really don't trust this map very much. I really don't trust much of anything very much and TPTB are at the top of my list.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
crap im in ohio.

Make that a double crap - I'm also in Ohio. There seems to be a little radioactive symbol right on top of my area - I'm assuming that is a monitoring station? I wonder how close?

BTW NerdGoddess, love the screen name
I've met some pretty cool nerd girls over the years

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I saw it go up to 165 around 9:15 am eastern standard time today, a little while after it went offline.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
there was a 2.2 under the plant in just north of there on the 25th. think its enough to jostle some pipes? time frame adds up when compared to our other incidents globally. anyone? i only think 2.2 could affect something because it is right next to a few plants on the op's map

earthquake.usgs.gov...

-vee

and whats with the northwestern states having lots of plants/ no feeds?
edit on 28-3-2011 by GenerationXisMarching because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
The past few days I have seen increased numbers in several areas from this link. I wonder why some days a particular station is showing a number and at other times showing nothing. We had an increase to 68 the other day in Indiana and then the next time I checked about 20 minutes later it was no longer showing the station. I really don't trust this map very much. I really don't trust much of anything very much and TPTB are at the top of my list.

I am pretty sure it is explained on their site as these stations are all privately owned and if the person running it shuts it down for a day or so then thats out of their hands, or if it goes off line for a while.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

This story from my local newspaper says trace amounts of radiation were detected here in alabama, I will post the link

Radiation reaches Alabama
edit on 28-3-2011 by strawberry91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I am pretty sure it is explained on their site as these stations are all privately owned and if the person running it shuts it down for a day or so then thats out of their hands, or if it goes off line for a while.

Alright that is understandable and I appreciate what they are doing, however that keeps us
from getting correct counts or being able to make comparisons from one time to the next.
Why doesn't TPTB have a tracking map for the country - strike that, as I probably wouldn't
trust that either.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
To my fellow Ohioans:

A geology professor at Case Western Reserve University said trace amounts of radiation from Japan were found in rainwater collected on a campus building.

According to a news release from CWRU, Professor Gerald Matisoff detected tiny amounts of iodine-131 on the top of the A.W. Smith Building, but said the presence of it is not dangerous to humans.

Matisoff estimated the level of radiation from this sample at one-tenth of natural background radiation.

"In theory, the iodine-131 could have come from any radioactive waste processing facility," Matisoff said. "But, we know it's from Japan. The isotope is being seen worldwide."

Masisoff collects water to monitor the particulates being carried into rain into Lake Erie.

Also on Monday, FirstEnergy said it has detected the same radioactive material from Japan at two of its nuclear plants in Ohio -- the Perry Nuclear Power Plant and the Davis-Besse Nuclear Power Station.

news.yahoo.com... nuclear-plants

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The reading no longer exists there now.

It's completely gone.

Sus.

new topics

top topics

join