It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China suspected of Hacking Australian PM's emails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It appears that the computer of the Australian Prime minister has been hacked the story reads

The parliamentary computers of Prime Minister Julia Gillard and at least two other senior ministers are suspected of being hacked. Ms Gillard's parliamentary computer, along with those of several cabinet ministers including Foreign Minister Kevin Rudd and Defence Minister Stephen Smith were believed to have been compromised, News Ltd newspapers report.

now it goes on a little further to read

US intelligence officials alerted their Australian counterparts and News Ltd believes ASIO has started an investigation.

source

Why is it that the US Intelligence had to alert us, I know Australia is a little laid back at times, but I really thought we had some pretty good IT proffesionals who could have picked up on this.
Just how much is teh US monitoring Australians.

Project Echelon is alive and well it seems, allow allies to spy on you and then report back to your goverment so as your own goverment cant be accused of spying on you.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Well, they could just say it was china. But the hacker could have used multiple proxies to hide his/her/its I.P. So it could have been the maintenance guy in the building. I'm just saying that there could be many victims...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Project Echelon is alive and well it seems, allow allies to spy on you and then report back to your goverment so as your own goverment cant be accused of spying on you

They coined Echelon back when their systems were the size of refrigerators, I bet they have a better code word amongst themselves now. Like Blowpipe or something.

Not kidding about the size either, Canada had to smuggle their tech in a giant safe to get it into the Russian embassy because the parts were too big.

And one of the techs that was transporting a shipment blew out a back tire from the weight of components lol.

T

edit on 28-3-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

all governments monitor each other that the name of the game and the name of the game is INTELLIGENCE

everyone monitors friend and foe alike this shouldnt suprise anyone.

join