It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casting Call: Survival documentary turns to ATS for experts...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Well just because we are left out doesn't mean we can't film our own excursions and post them.
I have done about 10 different trips with fellow ats member Accuroman and I did one with Catiscurious.
I almost got to have another ats member as company on my last trip but he couldn't make it which was kinda good for him because it was -21 that night.

I have a few pics in my media profile from a few trips.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Naw I'd just get voted off the "island" by "mean girl" or the"token Gay" guy...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
From weapons and tactics to survival situations I'll be glad to help. But I have no interest in being on TV. Just drop me a line if someone thinks my skills can be of use.

Id be willing to bet anything weapon/firearm related would probably be edited out.. Stupid sheep will buy all this food and supplies only to have another sheep or thug murder them and take it all. Sad really.

Deebo

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hey sign me up the name says it all. Send me something official and I will disclose my location and all I mostly post in other survival/prepper forums because im a conspiracy nut here but got a great bug out location for filming.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Community or something like that.

The Colony, which was very cool to pick up water filtration tips and such from.

If it was like The Colony I'd totally sign up for it. But it sounds more like they're asking for expert survivalists, which I'm not.

Hope it works out for someone deserving on ATS though, and in such a way that it doesn't give away their hand.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Why come to ATS when the blogosphere is riddled with survival experts. Most of whom are cited for information on ATS. I could list 10 sources off the bat that would provide consistent and better first hand information than what you will ever find here on ATS.

The survival forum has been in constant rerun mode for months. Search feature anyone??

Hey anyone got tips on creating a B.O.B.??

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I was actually thinking on making some hand to hand combat videos for the Survival forum. Stuff anyone can do and if they practice enough will do it automatically when the time comes.

People can be so paranoid on ATS that they refuse to actually share any personal experience. Hence why you have 100 trillion threads on various items to put in a BOB.

edit on 29-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Now that would be a quality contribution. I think most people nowadays, when confronted with a situation that would involve physical contact, will end up searching for an I-phone application to solve their problem. Or they would just throw their phone at their attacker.

My younger brother studies Aikido and has taught me some amazing defensive grab and wristlock techniques. Tough to practice on a willing victim/training partner.

Cheers!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I think the idea of the videos is great.
When you make them,please remember
the over 50 crowd.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

The people on here are acting like the screen writers, directors, producers etc. don't know how to make a movie. I am confident that there will be a screening process so that it doesn't turn out to be some kind of free-for-all.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Talk about getting ready for 2012

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

This is intriguing. The opportunity to help Americans prepare for the coming "multitude of disasters" is tempting on many levels; however, the risk to my personal family is too high.

I WOULD make a suggestion though. Members of the Church of the Latter Day Saints (mormons) practice this lifestyle of preparedness and they have no qualms demonstrating it. Many Seventh Day Adventists also practice the preparedness lifestyle as well.

As far as field skills go, there are enough "survival" shows out there already, although a "true to North America" survival show would be great. When the crap hits the fan, as they say, we aren't going to be trying to survive in the Amazon. Wild edibles abound in North America. As a matter of education, concerning wild edibles, Christopher Nyerges is probably the foremost North American expert, at least west of the Mississippi River. He has written several books and teaches as well. He would be a tremendous expert and draw for the program.

Survival Gardening should also be incorporated into the show. Jack Spirco, of THE SURVIVAL PODCAST would also be an excellent logistics resource, and would probably be willing to appear on the show. He would have some great recommendations concerning the financial planning, survival gardening and survival homesteading side of things.

Hope this info helps. Feel free to pass this info on to the unnamed and those I am endorsing for the show.

Such a show would be great.

Although I would not want to be IN the show, I WOULD be willing to support the logistics of the show in more of an ANONYMOUS manner.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would love to watch the show because I'm not prepared at all!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Does the offer extend to general ATS membership, or are staff also allowed to participate.
If we are, then I would be interested, could be a good idea to have a moderator mixed in with the ATS crowd.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by lastrebel
I dont think Nomad Survivalism would fit into there mindset.

Nor mine: Stock up on enough liquor and cigarettes to barter for whatever you need.

And if that doesn't work... well... we got booze and cigs.

I can make my own of those things, so that the barter supply never runs out - no need to stock up then!

Oh, wait, did I just say that out loud, about making my own vice related things for trade? Never mind, I must be hallucinating again... I can't do that. No, really! I've not got the first clue...

Why is that black SUV parking across the street from my house, and why are they aiming a satellite dish at me?

edit on 2011/3/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I can understand why a casting call came along ATS way.

There are thousands of authors, experts on survival in the world. But none like the kind on ATS, where we will offer views, discuss and debate each and every conceivable survival scenarios for there are many, and had been doing so for years.

It is a great opportunity for someone who made it through, for it will save lives if properply presented. The produced film will not be shown only in USA, but beam across the world and through the media, more will be made aware if caught in such similar situations.

The selected ATS would be thus familiar with the kind of SHTF scenarios:-

1. Global financial meltdown:- what happens when the dollar is useless and trust is gone, where you can't even buy an egg with.

2. Global Earth Change meltdown:- what to do when earthquakes, Tsunamis, sinkholes, volcano eruptions, land slides, massive Solar flares, etc happens.

3. Global social meltdown - what to do when riots, civil war and anarchy occurs.

4. Global Nuclear meltdown - what to do and precautionary measures to take once nuke stations go boom

5. Global Extra-terresterial strike -what to do with a hostile ABSOLUTE unknown - religious, economic, social and political impacts.

Not only must the selected member knows what to do, how to survive, the steps to take, he MUST also know how to REBUILD our society.

For too long, the Survivor reality TV series had only shown the dark side of nature, and proven how evil we can and must be inorder to win the top prize. This is true in the corporate world and today, everyone saw the result - it had doomed us all.

Thus, a new better message be sent instead, that with honest, integrity and an openess to allow others to voice out, we will then be able to rationally choose the best argument and direction to take - and pay for any mistakes made in the end, or share the credits if it succeeds.

Rewards:-

Many will want to be paid for such efforts, but one must look at the bigger picture. The purpose of that series is to save lives and educate in a hopefully entertaining way. It does have altrusic aims, and the rewards are far more than money can buy.

I am sure the producers will not mind paying a bit more, more so if the show is bought internationally, earning much more revenue.

However, the success of the show will not depend on interesting it would be directed, but rather on its authenticity on its aim - SURVIVAL in real SHTF situations. It would need many others to contribute, such as survivors of those listed scenarios above, rather than a scholar's point of view. NOthing beats reality, of real people beating the odds.

They will come from different nationalities offering valuable insights and contributions. It is my hope that the selected ATS member can be a good leader whom will convince and tapped such folks expertise to share and help make the series a success, and lead ATS to greater heights of creating feedback on and for humanity never seen from any internet forum before.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Why come to ATS when the blogosphere is riddled with survival experts. Most of whom are cited for information on ATS. I could list 10 sources off the bat that would provide consistent and better first hand information than what you will ever find here on ATS.

The survival forum has been in constant rerun mode for months. Search feature anyone??

Hey anyone got tips on creating a B.O.B.??

No tips on creating a B.O.B. - that's sort of individual, and tailored to what you expect to run from, where you intend to run TO, and how you intend to run there...

Now, what to do with it AFTER it's assembled, I might have some ideas for! I mean, really, how far do folks think that highway is going to get them in an emergency, when everyone else has the same idea, and are busy clogging it up with their own vehicles, and waylaying stragglers? It'd be like being the bunny on a bunny trail in cougar country - one stop shopping for the predatory types, and they'll know right where to look!

Now, if you've got a sheath knife, a salt shaker, and don't mind rummaging through dumps looking for bits of sheet metal and string, we might talk...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
30 years ago I was part of a group of people who went totally self sufficient in Food Water Shelter Fuel - We were a group of people from all walks of life and nationalities - We were informed of the changes now occuring over 30 years ago as well as many related matters. I am still in contact with this group. If you are interested please contact

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by lastrebel
I dont think Nomad Survivalism would fit into there mindset.

Nor mine: Stock up on enough liquor and cigarettes to barter for whatever you need.

And if that doesn't work... well... we got booze and cigs.

I like where you're going with this.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThreeNF
I would love to watch the show because I'm not prepared at all!!!

Your my favorite kind of survivalist. Since you aren't prepared for anything in particular, you're prepared for everything in general - just take it as it comes and handle it. It's all in the mind. if you're mind ain't right with it, then it doesn't matter how much "stuff" you pile up.

That pile of "stuff" can be a drawback, too. Can't take it all with you if you have to bail, so you're forced to either stay and defend it, or abandon it to others. What you DO take will just slow you down, including the time spent deciding WHICH "stuff" to haul away. The best "stuff" you can amass will be between your ears. If that's topped off, the other "stuff" will come.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join