It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casting Call: Survival documentary turns to ATS for experts...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
ATS Members:

We've been contact by a major cable television network and their production company, primarily on the strength of what you have been posting in our Survival Forum.

This network is currently putting together a show that highlights the ubiquitous nature of preparing for regional, national, and global disasters. They're looking for our help in casting singles, couples, or even entire families.

The show will be a documentary that profiles a broad range of Americans who preparing for these types of disasters in extraordinary yet necessary ways. If selected, you may play an important role in educating the general public on the rationale for preparedness as well as what steps can be taken to start preparing now.

If you'd like to be considered for the show, you must be over 18 years of age and living within the United States. Please contact me via private message for more information, and the contact information of the casting company if you fit their need.

We're presenting this as the "go-between" to ensure our member's privacy is preserved, rather than a general casting call with contact information for the producers.

Additionally, we've been assured by the producers that anyone who appears in the show will have the option for their identities and locations to be kept private.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Please choose someone with some good sense..Don't let a shill or nay-sayer appear on a National T.V. Program and make us all here look like a fools.....They will tell a good strategy but then add the comment "But don't worry people, as nothing really will ever happen" Thank You...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I would apply but all I know is combat survival. Not sure if it is in the same catagory but still seems pretty interesting to see what others have to say.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is great news!

I nominate Semper!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
are you able to say what network will be running this..

there is a big chance here for a Mock-U-mentary.

edit on 3/28/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh the timing of it all! I wonder what the specific topic of the documentary entails...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

We would not be doing this if there was such a risk.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

How would you know if that was a risk? It`s unlikely a major media network would wish a conspiracy site anything other than bad press.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by psilo simon

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

How would you know if that was a risk? It`s unlikely a major media network would wish a conspiracy site anything other than bad press.

I don't know.... "The View" did have Alex Jones and Jessie Ventura one. Didn't really seem like it was in a mocking manner, either.

Although I do share that fear, it wouldn't be the first time something was presented one way, and then they edit the show and what people say to promote an entirely different viewpoint. You might thing the show is going to be "How to survive a disaster" and they might make it into "Look at the silly survivalists!"

Pretty cool though!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
For OPSEC reasons I don't recommend it unless they have some means to hide your location or identity. I don't want my face and farm connected with any preparations I have made for TPTB or some individual to exploit.

Unless it’s just from a consultation (behind not in front of the lens) perspective I would not recommend it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It would have to be your average American with some common sense about them.
I thought they have done this kinda thing before,like what was it'
Community or something like that.
I wish I could,but my wife would insist on some place to get her hair and nails done.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Sorry but I will sit this one out.

I would never display my techniques, cache of food, weapons or ammo and survival strategies to the entire world on cable TV. In a time of crisis you can bet where people are going to look first!

This is the most anti-survival idea I could think of.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Don't you remember when some guy claiming to be a producer came in here asking for people to contact him about a conspiracy show? He basically got sent right on back where he came from. This might work at GLP, but here? Hmm, good luck.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hmmm, well good luck with this experiment, I hope it turns out very well for those that choose to be a part of it

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
From Ice Road Truckers to Survival Mothers ....They can read the forums and make their own cast ,First episode...family members show how to out wit the invasion of the Grays by using common tinfoil.... peace

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LightCraft

I'm really interested to see if anyone bites on this...that's all i'm sayin...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is great Skeptic Overlord, I feel honored that this wonderful site has been contacted and they feel that our members in the Survival Forum are important and serious enough to want them on their show. I hope this comes about and look forward to seeing the show when completed with some of our great members.

Congratulations again to ATS, we are a place that is becoming very important in the scheme of things.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
From weapons and tactics to survival situations I'll be glad to help. But I have no interest in being on TV. Just drop me a line if someone thinks my skills can be of use.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightCraft
Sorry but I will sit this one out.

I would never display my techniques, cache of food, weapons or ammo and survival strategies to the entire world on cable TV. In a time of crisis you can bet where people are going to look first!

This is the most anti-survival idea I could think of.

I would have to agree.

In a SHTF with a non existent government to maintain law and order I would be doing things that could cause the government now to preempt my plans by arresting me on trumped up charges.

Criminals would be taken care of with no trial.
A number of my self protection plans include explosives.
And other plans include using government supplies that i know where the government has stored

Its like the old story if you are a Survivalist never call yourself one because it will only call down government heat on you.
The government finds out about many groups when they appear on TV in one form or another.

OPSEC rule number one is never call yourself a survivalist.
Rule number two never talk to the media.
Rule number three never have a name for your group.(with no name its hard for a UC to find or infiltrate your group.)
Rule number four never dress up in camo and play war games. Play with your camo unarmed. And play with your guns in regular street clothes.
Rule number Five never do anything illegal before SHTF, Plan but don't act. And don't put anything incriminating on paper. Or documentary film.

The group i am in is made up of Ex LEOs, firefighters/EMTs, Search and Rescue, and Government employees.
So we know OPSEC because some of us have investigated survivalist groups

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'll do it. I'll prolly get dysentery and not make it to episode 2 though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join