It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOUTH KOREA buries alive three million pigs: Screams of terror & pain

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I just threw up in my mouth AND felt my arteries clog up a bit more at the same time.

VERY unpleasant whilst trying to drink my second 8ball of the day, Slayer. Tsk Tsk.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your thoughts on factory farming in general? You don't dig this instance, so I'm curious as to your feelings on related & more-common cases.

Steve out.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I'm not a vegan/vegetarian...

I eat meat. I've killed and have eaten what I've killed. I have no qualms about doing it. When I was married [Many moons ago] My then wife worked at the Coca-Cola plant in LA Cal. Right across the street was a poultry processing plant. The worker would grab the chickens out of the cages off of the delivery truck and hang them by their feet on a conveyor and just inside the conveyor entrance within eye-shot was a gadget that would pluck their heads off quickly. Not the nicest thing to witness but I've chopped off a few chicken heads in my day.

I have no issues with eating meat but I'm against a extended period of suffering

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Quite true.

Somewhere Peter Singer is in a corner crying.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Understood, and wasn't trying to imply otherwise. But with your stance against suffering based on this thread, I believe it might be most instructive for you to look into where the vast bulk of US meat comes from.

I have some philosophical disagreements with eating meat in general, hence my sincere ongoing dissonance (on many levels beyond this one), but as previously mentioned I do understand it. Most of our meat, though, is 'bred', for lack of better term, of suffering. Sticking with the example of chickens, we have egg-hatched chicks being put in battery cages in bulk. Beaks then seared/ground off. Then put into such small crates with so many other birds that they can't even full stretch their wings out during life.

Sometimes their feet grow around the mesh wire of their cages. Then when is time to slaughter, sometimes the head isn't severed or throat completely cut. Then alive, a dunk in boiling water to parch the feathers.

It doesn't get much better from there.

I know I need to more actively practice what I preach, granted, but that makes it no less true. Be mindful of what you eat and where it comes from. Look for cruelty-free food. Look into small, local, non-factory farms.

Silence the violence...or at least, minimize the suffering. Thanks to you, brother.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Oh, yeah. One last things. Since the male chicks don't produce eggs or anything much else useful for egg farmers, be aware of the grinders they are tossed into.

We are SUCH douchebags. Sorry, that's all I've add to this one. I went about 6 months vegan awhile back as a result of looking into all this, but stumbled and fell. That's a horse I DEFINITELY want to get back on top of soon.

Blessings to you.
Steve

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Too many people reading way too much into this...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Yeah, so seeing this video, I got intensely mad, and decided to share this on Facebook. I post it as my status, and well, I want you guys to see the feedback. The stupidity of some people amazes me.

Most the responses were fine, they hated the fact that it went on, and they were disgusted.

But this one kid, who will always, no matter what, challenge any controversial video I post, comes along, and starts criticizing my views. I'm just like really? Go eat some hamburgers you human.

But anyways, check it out. It really surprises me how dumb people can be. If you can't look at it, feel free to add me!

www.facebook.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

People cant conceive of a Grey area.
I'm a meat eater that thinks this was wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Haha, I know what you mean. I saw videos like this for the first time a while ago, I was outraged. It was part of my initial wake up. I know people that hate it, but they won't give up meat. It all depends on will power.

haha, my name is Will.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

Hey no problem it's all good.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
They should have put them into leg length water and sent an electric shock through them. Would've/Could've done the job...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
Lol at all of you. They're pigs. Pork. I cannot believe people get so wound up about things like this. They were bred for one purpose and that was to provide meat to the human race.

Hopefully we're not being bred for the same reason by an alien race. Would it be ok if we were and they viewed us that way?

Originally posted by Toadmund
Wouldn't it be easier to put them in a big room and gas them?

That's what I thought. Put them in a tent and give them a last supper. While they're eating, pump carbon monoxide in it so they just go to sleep. They could have dug the pit next to it and bulldozed them in it once they were all dead.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sounds_of_Silence
They should have put them into leg length water and sent an electric shock through them. Would've/Could've done the job...

Too hard to do. There would certainly be many that survive.

Electricity will always take the path of least resistance. The current would only travel through some of them.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Personally i feel that cost is not a factor in the way how these pigs were treated.
Speed is certainly of the essence.
You really do need to act quickly to stop the disease spreading.
Vaccinations would take to long to administer, being as they have to be given to each individual animal.
Shooting or stunning would be the same also.
It is certainly quicker to use several backhoes to dig a deep pit, truck in pigs by the hundreds and tip them in.
IMHO a disgusting and callous way to treat any animal, let alone pigs.

For anybody who's interested, here is a LINK to the situation in South Korea.

p.s. I tried to watch the video, but just couldn't. As soon as the screams started it made me feel sick.

edit on 29-3-2011 by HEREFORD 1969 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
seriously....
WHAT.
IS.
WRONG.
WITH.
US?

This reminds me of that Russian girl throwing puppies into the river last year, leaving them to drown. And /b/ tracked her down (thankfully).
Except this is on an exponentially larger scale.
I don't even have the words.
Maybe I'm partial because I have a borderline-phobia of suffocating/drowning to death...
but COME THE F******CK ON!!!
Drop a missle on them, get a sniper to shoot them (for assured accuracy so that its instantaneous and painless) I couldn't watch past 5 seconds of the video.
This is just lazy and barbaric.

edit on 29-3-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: typo fix

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Don't be so shocked, you should see their dog farms where they breed dogs then slaughter them for their meat just as their brethen over the border in North Korea.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
OP, killing the pigs was an unfortunate necessity that had to be accomplished as quickly as possible. Three MILLION pigs is a LOT of bacon. How would you have destroyed these infected animals? A bullet in the brain? One of those Bolt Guns they kill cows with? A little antifreeze in their food?

Do you have any idea how long it would take to manually slaughter these disease carrying animals? I agree that what happened was terrible, but I honestly don't think there was another choice.

ETA: Just finished watching the video and a thought came to mind. The backhoe operator was being as gentle as he could when he pushed the pigs into the pit. He could have been indiscriminate with his use of the bucket, but he used it to chase the pigs around and NUDGE them into the pit, when he could just as easily have crushed them and pushed in their dead body.

To ME, this shows that the people who buried the pigs DID has as much compassion for them as is humanly possible. Again, it's a terrible thing, but anthropomorphizing a food source is just silly.
edit on 3/29/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
WTF?

F****NG A***H**S

It only goes to show you some people and entire cultures sometimes live like wild animals. Why would you do that? Can't you hear them screaming you f********g retards? They have feelings too, but you are too uneducated to nuderstand that that animals also have a central nervous system that creates pain when hurt.

You fags, I'd beat you with a f*******G shovel if you only gave me the chance to meet you.

I'm sorry this is crazy, what is wrong with these people?

S&F's, you ruined my day but S&F's

These people need to be prosecuted, or hung upside down.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Every living being deserves to die with as much diginty as possible. There must have been an alternative method. They could have at least penned them in until one was devised.

Pigs are quite intelligent, they can reason, they show affection and fear.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

A million pigs went in to that pit ALIVE on top of eachother.......and thats humane?

Have you gone mad?

A bullet to the head or lethal injection would had been far more humane before burying them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join