It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on Illegal Aliens to Illegal Alien: We Don’t Want to Deport Them; 'We Want Them To Succeed�

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatewaywithin
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Originally posted by boondock-saint and I hope they succeed as well !!!! at getting back home And this ladies and gentlemen, is why he will get my vote for POTUS.

Great, so not only is Obama buying the illegal aliens vote, but he's buying yours as well.
edit on 28-3-2011 by gatewaywithin because: spelling

The big picture.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Perspective really makes a huge difference. When I read that headline and even the OP, I thought it was a thread praising the president's view on immigration. I'm not a supporter of Obama's current actions nor am I a member of his party but I do agree with his (and Bill's) stance on immigration. It's all a matter of stretching out a logarithm until you can see the long term effects.

More immigrants = more Americans. More Americans = more production. More production = a chance at getting back to being competitive on the world stage. Thus, their success is our success.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

He's a slick one lemme tell ya. I remember when I first heard the clip of him on sex ed for kindergartners. Interestingly I was open to him till that moment... and after that comment I was forever immune to him. But going back and listening more carefully reveals his true Orwellian genius... he mocks Romneys attempt to expose his agenda, then turns and says 'but it's the right thing to do." Talk about a piece of work.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
So whats wrong with giving people an opportunity to succeed and contribute to the United States?

And before you people come at me screaming "AMNESTY" just think about it first. before letting your emotions get at you.

Is it amnesty if they have to go wait at the back of the line, pay some serious fines, pass numerous background checks and be forced to pay taxes?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
So whats wrong with giving people an opportunity to succeed and contribute to the United States?

And before you people come at me screaming "AMNESTY" just think about it first. before letting your emotions get at you.

Is it amnesty if they have to go wait at the back of the line, pay some serious fines, pass numerous background checks and be forced to pay taxes?
Hey, here is an idea, How about we give the people here legally a chance to survive and maybe even succeed before we allow lawbreakers who do not give a damn about our nation that chance?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
HE wants them to succeed, despite thier not paying taxes like us registered residents are, legal citizens* your a liar obama, just like Bush* yuo must be related to him. the leave hospitols, not paying, eaving the bill to the taxpayers. its always us that screwed..maybe we all should become illegal too..apparently were doing omething wrong. maybe wede get special treatment too not paying taxes and leaving hospitols to crumble below welfare money levels.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Since when has the word "illegal" meant anything to a president? I'm thinking the last time was before1862. To a president, terms like "illegal", "criminal", "citizen"...they're all mutable and ever changing. Living, breathing words meant to only to be used loosely and in instances when they won't cause disharmony like that mean ole Constitution does.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
You know, when he was elected, I thought based on his senate record, and habit of just showing up and voting 'present' that he wasn't qualified enough to be POTUS.

Now a few years later, this man is just a complete idiot.

Everything he touches goes to #.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
More immigrants = more Americans. More Americans = more production. More production = a chance at getting back to being competitive on the world stage. Thus, their success is our success.

Just making sure you guys can do math...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Here's some math for you my friend. More JOBS = more production. Yet TPTB keep sending these jobs overseas.

You keep making this more Americans = more production point. There aren't enough jobs for the people here legally let alone the ones who illegally take up residence here.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I'm kind of with you ...

As long as you insert the word "legal", as in legal imigrants.

But then again, with over 300 million Americans, hard to imagine we don't have enough people already to do the jobs.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Simple.

Because the currrent "wave" of illegals would turn into a flood.

Already whole villages in mexico and central america are practically depoplulated. You actually want them all to come here?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join