It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obvious cover up by TEPCO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Today the workers at the plant found plutonium in the soil surrounding the plant and as usual they say plutonium poses no immediate threat to human life and also that it MAY have come from the plant. Everytime they find something it May have come from the plant. Well obviously it came from the plant because plutonium doesn't just magically appear in the environment. All three isotopes have long half-lives, with plutonium-239 taking 24,000 years to lose half its radioactivity. Plutonium-238 has an 87-year half-life, while plutonium-240's is more than 6,500 years. I don't see how this isn't considered harmful and it must have originated from the reactor 3 vessel that was using experimental plutonium fuel that was said to be more hazardous and deadly than uranium if a leak were to occur.

The big question is why can't they come into the open and say that there was a breach of the reactor vessel and stop saying there MAY have been a breach of the vessel, what is one supposed to extract from statements like that? People there are no safe levels of plutonium and saying it doesn't affect your health is stupid. its going to remain in the atmosphere for way longer periods than cesium being released. I understand they don't want a panic or for the world to point fingers, but come on, we are dealing with th the lives of the tepco workers and millions of japanese for years to come. they should take this into consideration and be forth-rite with there statements. 2 workers have already suffered severe radiation burns and 16 have been removed for treatment . I am sure that in the not too distant future the events of the past month will come back to haunt them.

Everyday some more worrying information arises and Tepco( not the jap gov) just wants to keep saving face, over the lives of the Japanese people. I feel that this situation needs to be taken out of there hands and that an independent organisation needs to be sent in to do a thorough investigation.
edit on 28-3-2011 by shikori because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This will turn out just like the Gulf region did where BP tried to keep things quite to keep from paying so many law suits....Many will die because of both of these Corps. trying to save $$$$ over human life....

join