It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Honda & Elenin....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Yes there are two comets that are posing threats to our atmosphere..... Here is the link that will allow you to look at the orbit of each comet and where is lines up with earth and when. I just found this when I was looking at Elenin and low and behold there was Honda... I have heard of Elenin but just found out about Honda and the last thread was from 2006 or 2008 on ATS.... Check out the link and let me know what ya think..... Please be gentle with your comments this is my first thread...

elenin.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Actually 0.077AU? WTF THAT SHOULD BE HITTING EARTH!
No worries it's just the red and blue Kachina....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yikes!
That's a little unnerving.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bmck12

Wait is it me or is it possible that the both comets could collide? Im just saying, that would save us lots of problems!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by bmck12

Wait is it me or is it possible that the both comets could collide? Im just saying, that would save us lots of problems!

According to the animation, their closest pass-by would occur after Honda passed close to Earth.

Still, it's intriguing to think about what might happen if/when they were to collide.

bmck12...good first post...

Might you have other resources to backup what the animation is purporting?

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
Actually 0.077AU? WTF THAT SHOULD BE HITTING EARTH!
No worries it's just the red and blue Kachina....

1 AU = 149,597,870.7 km so 0.077 AU = 11,519,036 km.

That's eleven and a half million kilometers (roughly).

Nothing to panic about, neither will even come close to the Earth.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not saying it would hit earth but if all of the EQ are contributed to Elenin then what could happen with Honda coming even closer and having some viable pull on our atmosphere perhaps? Does that make sense...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, I now finally understand why people are talking about October 28th..
makes sense..

- Governments making their own preparations would surely prefer a population that is expecting a date a year and a bit on from the actual date, ensuring that they are safely in their bunkers/off-planet when it hits/passes. Would explain why the msm and hollywood are pushing the 2012 date..
- If this does truly go down, i guess theres not much we can do about it, a 1.6km dia. object would obliterate everything on the surface.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Feb. 12. 2017 honda-earth .07 au.... is that bad?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Excellent find! did not know of honda either!!

Two comets approaching at different angles is going to tear us apart!!

This is almost confirming all doom and gloom predictions for me personally around that time.

S+F 4 U

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by foreshadower99

with accurite maths worked out and stuff i think you might be on to something here...

We could send a nuke to shift one of thier paths to make them collide, destroying themselves...? would be an awsome show in the sky!! obvious last resort because if it faild.....sending them both towrads us...yikes!!

Need a mathmatician here...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Don t worry everyone about the second coment, it is a honda, itll probably break down on the way here.lol

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bmck12

unless a comet is the size of our moon. it wont have an gravitational pull on the earth.

if you think honda or elenin (without impacting us) will do anything more then be a nice sight in the sky, you are very, very mistaken.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I have been looking and trying to come up with the exact measurement of how close Honda gets to earth and seeing what if anything NASA has on this.... I will be doing more research tonight so I will def let everyone know what I come up with...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmck12
reply to post by Hessling

I have been looking and trying to come up with the exact measurement of how close Honda gets to earth and seeing what if anything NASA has on this.... I will be doing more research tonight so I will def let everyone know what I come up with...

Appreciate it bmck12!

Needless to say this new development of a second near-miss object, along with all that's going on with our planet right now, has me highly intrigued.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Great post!

Thank you for the info. S+F!

I wonder why there is no estimate to how big comet Elenin is? Is there any data about this? If not, when will it be possible to determine?

Regards
kloejen

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have something that I find quite interesting.... While browsing the NASA website looking for more information on comet honda i have quite a few windows open but i have found a "risk list" for objects that are coming close to earth.... it list each object and then you can click on it and research the information for that object.... I have posted the link so that the more intelligent than me can browse through and see what if anything they find that might cause alarm... I did find a few that the distance is less than 0.002 AU from earth...
This is the risk list from the U.K.---
newton.dm.unipi.it...

Also here is a listing of prior close approaches so maybe we can cross reference the events and see what if any major EQ or other occurences happened during that period in time... Just a thought...
www.cfa.harvard.edu...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

What will you doom and gloom after they pass quietly by in the night? Not gona happen. No Doom and no Gloom except in Japan.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

I am not doom and glooming but trying to find out if any of these objects passing close to earth or anything might have something to do with the EQ and other anamolies that continue to happen... Wouldn't be nice to be able to figure out when something is going to happen based on the orbital pattern of an object in space so that we can warn and make preparations to those that would be affected... We research information that is made available and there is enough people to put their theories to the test... That is the way things are discovered...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Alright... I have found a list of objects with their orbital diagrams attached... the link is posted below....
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join