It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egytian Cleric declares war on Starbucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It appears he has never had a double mocho decaf ?

www.youtube.com...

he claims she is Queen Esther? a figure in the Koran I think,... its just expense coffee if you ask me.
but this dude has his panties >? in a wad.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Long live DUNKIN DONUTS !

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
^^Truth.

Middle Eastern guys know and love good coffee, so...

a holy war on Starblechs was just a matter of time I guess.

Staryucks is pretty much the definition of overpriced and overrated. You can get better for cheaper and you can get way better quality for about as much money.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The Middle East Media Research Institute reports that Egyptian cleric Safwat Higazi is calling for Starbucks to be closed down in the Arab and Islamic World claiming, "The Girl in the Starbucks Logo is Queen Esther... The Queen of the Jews":

Source: HERE

Interesting, Starbucks has actually had many logos over the years. They claim it is a portrayal of a siren, but I'm sure that the cleric is correct. After all, don't all companies do whatever they can to worship the Jews and irritate Muslims?

In 2006, Valerie O'Neil, a Starbucks spokeswoman, said that the logo is an image of a "twin-tailed siren".[67] The logo has been significantly streamlined over the years. In the first version, which was based on a 17th-century "Norse" woodcut,[65] the Starbucks siren was topless and had a fully visible double fish tail.[68] The image also had a rough visual texture and has been likened to a melusine.[69] In the second version, which was used from 1987–92, her breasts were covered by her flowing hair, but her navel was still visible, and the fish tail was cropped slightly. In the third version, used between 1992 and 2011, her navel and breasts are not visible at all, and only vestiges remain of the fish tails.

Source

Might as well include this:

The first Starbucks was opened in Seattle, Washington, on March 30, 1971 by three partners: English teacher Jerry Baldwin, history teacher Zev Siegl, and writer Gordon Bowker. The three were inspired by entrepreneur Alfred Peet (whom they knew personally) to sell high-quality coffee beans and equipment.

Well, there are definitely Jewish ties to Starbucks, but many Jewish people own many companies and I think this correlation stretches a little thin. But who knows....anything is possible.

But this didn't stop me from culling some business wisdom from POUR YOUR HEART INTO IT, by Starbuck's zealous CEO and Chairman, Howard Schultz. In it, Schultz, a Brooklyn native, details how he made his way to Seattle, had an epiphany in Milan, accomplished the purchase of Starbuck's from its founders, and led its growth from a catalog and four-store bean retailer into the two-country, 26 state coffee bar chain we know today. So what is Jewish about Starbuck's? Well sprinkled through the book are Schultz's yiddishisms, having learned them as a poor Jewish kid in the Brooklyn projects. His philosophy of employee empowerment, compensation, and social justice also have a very Jewish feel to them. Also, one of the founders of Starbucks in Seattle was Zev Siegl (Jerry Baldwin, Zev Siegl, and Gordon Bowker). Also, when Howard Schultz needed money to open his Il Giornale coffee bars, and later take over Starbuck's, he got much of his funding from contacts he made while playing basketball at the Seattle JCC/Jewish Y.

Source: HERE

Edit to add:

I didn't read the above book, so I can't be sure, but I would think that while discussing "the Jewish feel" to Starbucks they would have made mention if the logo was in fact Queen Esther. Especially since it's a Jewish bookstore whose primary customers are Jewish.
edit on 28-3-2011 by lpowell0627 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

Queen Esther is actually a Jewish princess or some thing, so i don't know why his going off his head. However alot of muslims dislike Jews, so maybe he's chucking a fit because he thinks starbucks is Jewish lol

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think he should be employed by some agency. Obviously his doing someones job in deflecting the real issues at hand.

oh those infidels and their coffee brands...umm...why not boycott brazil, i mean they are one of the worlds leading exporters of coffee right ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
coffee is coffee to me, some more expensive than others, I like everything about starbucks but the price of their products are lets say --- out of the park, expensive. so I make my own these days. Tasters Choice French Roast. Instant stuff so there is very little waste.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
From what I've heard from Arab friends, many are opposed to starbucks (or boycott them) because of their large donations to Israel.

Personally, I prefer Dunkin anyway, I like the taste and the price. It's very simple I have zero interest in paying five dollars for a cup of coffee when I get way more for my money at dunkin.

new topics

top topics

join