It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first ghost encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
My friends and I were talking the other day about encounters with ghosts, and I thought I would post my experience here. I was 10 years old living in Stony Point NY. Me and my cousins were in a field that had one row of very tall trees and they were spaced i would guess ten feet apart. We were playing tag or something on one side of the trees when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. On the opposite side of trees I saw a man cross by in very strange clothes. One of my other cousin screamed did you see that! We slowly walked to the trees and looked and there was nothing. The field was very large and wide open and there was no where for this thing to hide. We ran as fast as we could back to my house. It was not til later in school when i was studying history did i see something that to this day still gives me goose bumps. We were studying the Revolutionary War and the clothes of the british soldiers looked like the same clothes that my ghost was wearing. Stony Point was a strategic town in the Revolution. Here is an article about it.

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe with all my heart that I saw a ghost that day. I also believe it is a residule haunting, and that conditions were just right that allowed the spirit to manifest itself. I should also note that this happened during the daytime hours. Just thought I would share my experience with others who may have also had experience with ghosts or hauntings.
edit on 28-3-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I don't have much to add other than that's an interesting story to say the least, and thanks for sharing it. Pretty cool that you saw a full body apparition too.

I'm jealous.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah i did not expect this thread to have alot of comments or opinions about stuff, just for some reason i felt compelled to right about it today. Not sure why.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah thanks for sharing that story. I've had a few experiences but i've never seen an actual ghost in the traditional sense. Interesting research on it to. It was a bloody war so if ghost do exist i'm sure some would be from it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
When I was near 11 yrs old we lived in an old apartment above an insurance place. it was a strange place it had all the furinture from the 1800's and looked new and perfect a highboy in the entrance and a buffet across from it..and the beautiful velvet furrniture and curtains and red and black rugs. the dinning room was glassed off and had glass nobes on all the doors, the table was the size of the room beautuful wood and carved legs and matching seats to the carpet and curtains...it was small and beautiful but they rented to my mother for some strange reason with 5 kids.
In the main bedroom was a closet with 2 canes hanging and up top was a crate and in it were full unopened bottles of Dr (something) cures this and that, a red liguid my mother just left it where it was.
we lived there for near a year when one night I woke up and standing in the bedroom i shared with 3 other sisters was a man, kinda short and round, checkered pants and coat with a cane in one hand and a round hat. I called for my mother and when she got there he was just gone, I did not hear him leave but did not see him just disapear, it was like he walked away.
She checked all the doors and she had special inside lockes to makesure no one with a key could come in since she was a woman alone with little kids.
so my explanation...the guy who lived there in the 1800's.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Good story, gave me the chills, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I personally love reading about peoples experiences even if I do not understand them. I appreciate you taking the time to share. Interesting indeed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Dang!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Cool story! You should do some research and see if you can turn up any haunted locations in the area. Then maybe you could investigate them in the future. Places with a lot of history attached to them always make great locations. Its the main reason i watch Ghost adventures. I find the story behind the places just as interesting as the investigations themselves.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

I would not know where to start lol.but it is definately worth looking into. I no longer live out there so investigating may be a once a year deal or something like that.

new topics

top topics

join