It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush smiling from ear to ear!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I wanted to start a thread about the worst president ever in the U.S. IMO George W. Bush.

Think about this, he has to be smiling ear to ear right now because the worst president in the history of the U.S. (IMO) gets followed up by the second worst president in U.S. history Barrack Obama. I believe that if Obama would get re-elected, he would be considered the worst president in U.S. history above George W. Bush.

I want to start a healthy discussion about what your thoughts on the subject are?? Can someone offer an opinion or facts to ease my mind that the world is nearing end because of the terrible presidents who where "in charge" of the U.S. for the last 11 years so far??

The dollar completely crumbling to pieces recently
Unemployment rate highest ever
No allies anymore because of all the wars we should have never started
Oil price highest ever causing people to do all sorts of things bad for gas/oil
9/11
The possible scandals with Obama using another man's Social Security Number?

I mean really the list goes on and on and on for me. What about you??
Everyone interested please star and flag so we can get attention with this thread, I am really interested in what people's opinions are on this topic. Thanks All.

edit on 3/28/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/28/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: b

edit on 3/28/2011 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Put simply: I agree with you
Both presidents, especially Obama have made some really bad decisions. It was Bush that started the "war against terror" when he is the terrorist. You think the US is actually "liberating" afghanistan and Iran and the rest. He just went there for the oil.
Some people (friends of mine) believe that all of this that happened recently with Yemen and Egypt was actually started by Obama, so that he may have a reason to start something with NATO and then get their oil, same as afghanistan. They say Obama hired that google worker to post and start what he did.
Either way, I see Obama as you do; a huge mistake. Canada is in elections right now and Harper is just a puppet to Obama as Canada is to Britain. The whole scenario is messed up.
As I see it, Obama will completely ruin the integrity of the US and with it, almost all its allies as they rely on each other to support their economies.
This is just my opinion...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Obama is a disgrace to the country.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Worst modern presidents are
#1 Jimmy Carter --- Highest interest rates
#2 Richard Nixon --- Watergate
#3 Barrack Obama --- Hiding the truth about everything in his past

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by rlrsar

See to me I see the downfall of the American economy, wars for oil, attacks on U.S. soil by U.S. citizens (9/11) and more as being more important to me than interest rates and Watergate.... Just my opinion

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rlrsar

I always wondered why Johnson never makes the list when Watergate is brought up? His administration was just as guilty and corrupt as Nixon’s when it came to political intimidation, one has to look no further than the FBI’s surveillance of MLK and the surveillance of Barry Goldwater.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
George bush is the worst president in history by far. On another note, Id love to have my way with gillard, dont know why, might be the hair or something.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I will add this though. Woodrow Wilson has to be added to the top of the list also for approving the Federal Reserve!!! He is up there in my books also. It is sad when a president like Woodrow Wilson comes out publicly and states he made a huge mistake with the Federal Reserve and he has unwittingly ruined the country!! That is a bold and terrible statement to hear from a president!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Hey OP I gotta say in this day and age of constant bipartisan BS...I really appreciate your disgust for politicians on both sides...refreshing to say the least!

Way to take an objective approach

F+S

edit on 28-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Thanks for the response, I really just am interested in what other peoples opinions are on this topic or if it is just me that thinks this badly on the prior 2 presidents, in being the worst mistake the American people have made electing these two idiots.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein,

You simply wrote what so many people I know already have concluded.

George W. Bush in my opinion is the second worst of all time. I would have bet heavy money he couldn't be topped, until Barry showed up.

"Hope"? "Change"?

Pffft, whatever!

What has changed? Strikes me as we are truly going into W.'s third term, with the possibility of a fourth. In fact what front-runner candidate WOULDN'T represent a fourth term for Shrub?

What hope? All my hopes were dashed when this whole "let's not look backwards" mantra started rippling through the current administration. So with all the crap that went on from '01-'09 we shouldn't look back at it? How the hell are we to learn from previous mistakes?

Oh, right...my bad! We didn't!

Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

I couldn't agree more. In my opinion Osama and Bush are like neck and neck for the worst ever....I think Bush has him right now, but Barrack Osama Bin Laden has a chance if he gets re-elected.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I agree, W set a precedent, he entered the presidency with a budgetary SURPLUS and left us with massive debt, two mindless wars, the Patriot Act, the list goes on.

Obama has begun making similar mistakes, he now has little explanation for Libya's military operations, has supported an unpopular universal healthcare bill, and seems to be pushing other big government policies.

All that said, you're right Bush is sitting around with a s***-eating grin on his face because no one even seems to remember his catastrophic presidency. Now he just gets to enjoy all the cash his memoir is bringing in and probably getting paid to give speeches in whatever venues.

But what do I know, I thought Clinton was a great president

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Yeah well I have to say again I agree with you about Clinton, I thought he was a fantastic president and I was hoping Hillary won so her dad could guide her along.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
When clinton was president,everyone knew he had good head.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I smell the Pungency of Pollster Prediction Panic, A Debility of Organised Manipulators. they must get their forecast of Super Tuesday right. Acronym, POPPPADOM.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
Can someone offer an opinion or facts to ease my mind that the world is nearing end because of the terrible presidents who where "in charge" of the U.S. for the last 11 years so far??

People put far too much emphasis on the president. It's always easier to blame an individual for something than it is to think through the vast, tangled web of different colliding and interacting power-blocs.

You are correct that the "world is ending" (or at least about to become a lot less pleasant for most), but the root causes are not in whoever happens to be sitting on the throne. Let's look at some of the specific examples you mentioned:

"The dollar completely crumbling to pieces recently": This has been building for a long time, at least since 1973 when Nixon took the dollar off the gold standard. Really the problem goes back even farther, to the foundation of the Federal Reserve in 1913. No president of either party (except Kennedy, unsuccessfully) tried to take on the Fed, and no president has seriously tried to deal with the root forces driving the dollar down.

"Unemployment rate highest ever ": A product of a lot of things, most not directly in the president's control. The policies that have led to this (open borders, "globalization," outsourcing, decline of manufacturing, financialization, etc.) have been building for decades, long before either Bush or Obama. Not that either of them has done anything to improve things. Because they can't. Because the way the system is set up, its impossible to be president without big campaign doners, and the doners aren't going to shell out for anyone who might de-rail the gravy train.

"No allies anymore because of all the wars we should have never started " "Oil price highest ever causing people to do all sorts of things bad for gas/oil ":
I'm getting tired of typing, but a lot of the fault of these things spreads way beyond the oval office to other branches of government, the nature of the milirary, the nature of big business, interconnected global geopolitical and macroeconomic factors, etc.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thanks for the input, great stuff added. If I might say, most people don't approach it that way though. The majority of U.S. blame the current president for problems that have built up. I understand where you are coming from BUT with the price of oil for example, the price only started to rise whenever we started the war in Iraq. I am 100% sure we are paying more for oil to fund the war over there, not oil price. How can oil price rise when we are stealing it??

If you look at another post of mine in this thread, I also mentioned Woodrow Wilson and the guy who authorized the Federal Reserve, and how this was one of the biggest mistakes a president ever made, he even came out publicly and stated it was a mistake and he unwittingly ruined the U.S. by authorizing the Federal Reserve!!

I do agree with gradual events building up, BUT isn't Obama's HUGE CAMPAIGN we are going to CHANGE!!! CHANGE was his major ad for selling him into presidency!! What has he changed?? Other than a change for the worse?? I guess I just answered my own question, he actually did change things, just not for the better!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
OBAMA

Origins
Beyond
Any
Mere
American

I just thought of this, a good one huh??

top topics

join