It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange visions whilst lying in bed?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EluThingol

Yes you may ask me anything you wish,and anyone else for that matter.
I have been involved with mediumship since i was a child,and at 38 still learning.I have contacts all over the world that can help point out what is available locally.
I do not subscribe to "NEW AGE" practices within spirit mediumship,new age "channeling" for instance is more psychic, i am old school.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Very recently I've been having a version of the same thing.
Basically, it started on it's own, but if I feel ready for it, I can pretty much induce it.
I am still very much awake when it happens, but it is when I have closed my eyes for sleep.

Mine are very lifelike and detailed, and are not things from my own memory, at least not in this lifetime.
They're also often multi-images, that is, it's like Hollywood would show "fly-vision"... a honeycomb of images that sometimes rotate and swirl without losing any focus from any single image or scene.

They're very disturbing, both for the scenes they portray, and their vividness. They seem far beyond my own ability to imagine, and seem more of something I am now able to see; but not create.

It's also always something unexpected, as well, if I'm expecting to see a scene from another nights 'vision', something seemingly unrelated comes through.

But it's the detail, and the tiny images where too much is so clear... and if there is sound, I must have shut it off!

I thought maybe there would be a reason for this kind of thing to suddenly manifest, but I have yet to figure it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
There is not always sound.With vision it could be a real life scenario or totally symbolic in nature,its deciphering which is which that is the hard part.
Rather than listen for sounds your vision may come with impression,it is important to FEEL what may accompany your visions.When receiving vision it is usually your first impression that is correct.Learn to trust yourself.
Keeping a diary of when and what may help you later on Down the track,write it down as well as any feelings you get.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I have been having this for the past few years. In the beginning it took a lot of work to focus on, now the images can be slowed down, and I can look at them from different angles at times. They do move though quickly but I am getting better at revisting an image I seen. I also have been visiting another plane of existence or something. Sometimes when I close my eye in the dark it is like stepping out into an afternoon outside in some other plane of existence. I am not dreaming. I go from a completely dark room, to closing my eyes, to instantly being outdoors under the sun looking at a field and some trees. The first time this happened it freaked me out...but I went again and the more I have been the easier and more comfortable it is.

I guess this could be like guided imagery. Generally when getting those visions I get the thumping thing in my forehead.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Sounds like a mix of clairvoyance at the start leading into an out of body experience.Lovely.
Sounds like you are getting it nutted out on your own,learning control.
Keep at it and fear nothing.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just read through this post. I've been having these visions too. I guess i like many others have just assumed that the visions are just what you are about to be dreaming about when you nod off. But they are more vivid lately and come even when im not sleepy at all.

My visions are quite disturbing for myself. They usually are people who always seem to stare at me, or turn to me when i see them as if i had desturbed them from whatever they were doing. *shivers*

Also about the sound issue, I have sound with my visions, but its music....like really funky drum n bass. Im not that into drum n bass tbh but i do enjoy the random beats.

Anyway not to ramble on to much, just wanted to share.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

This sounds like one of the best descriptions of Astral Projection I've read on here. It should take off on it's own. Alot of people seem to be trying to induce OOBE's and AP and such. My experience with this is to just relax and let your mind go. Indeed you'll get brief but vivid colour images sometimes and others seem almost sepia. But if you move your eyes too much the images will vanish. When this first started to happen to me I was in my teens and I used to rest my arm over my eyes to help steady my eyes. Try burning some incense, crystal or water gazing by candle light before you go to sleep. That should help heighten your consciousness and set you in nice relaxed state that you can effortlessly project. Also, and I know this is a bummer, but short term abstinence is an amazing way to boost your psychic energy. Orient your bed northwards so the hemispheres of your brain are equally balanced. Drink purified water, take vitamins and eat healthy. Avoid alcohol and try as much as possible to reduce your exposure to unnatural light. Thanks for sharing your experience, nothing you see will ever do you harm.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Yes you may ask me anything you wish,and anyone else for that matter...I have contacts all over the world that can help point out what is available locally.

reply to post by iceblue20-12

hello
I had a similar thing happen last year
I was just falling asleep, the room was totally dark and my eyes were shut
I decided to blank out my mind and meditatively relax to help me sleep faster

BOOM suddenly this Gollum looking creature (but uglier and very menacing looking) 'appeared' out of nowhere - it was not in my thoughts...it was kinda....real??? and it said HERE TAKE THIS (but it didn't speak the words, just ...communicated it to me somehow while grimacing menacingly) and stuck out its hand "in my face" and clicked a lighter (the type u can buy anywhere, flint lighter) and the heat and light of the flame was so damn real...

BTW the whole thing from start to finish lasted about 1 second or less...but it was totally real and I can still recall it to this day. That night, after this 1 sec vision, I actually sat up and then turned on the light because it was just so real, but in 'reality' there was nothing, just me in the room, no evil vibe or any such lingering feeling. I lay back down and went to sleep after that.

BTW, the creature was sitting around a (not active) bonfire and there may have been others around this also but I couldn't visually see them. any thoughts?

Oh, I forgot to say - the only sound in the vision was the very clear and loud click of the lighter and the hiss of the gas escaping then igniting - in fact it was so real that it was what astonished me more than the visual actually, especially since the shutters were down in my darkened room, so there wasn't any ambient sound. So, I KNOW this happened in my head (crazy as that makes me sound hehe) and this SoundFX was different/separate from the verbalized-but-thought-not-said communication of the creature.

ICEBLUE: Based on other things also which have happened incl. a clear message during meditation of my needing to majorly work on developing my intuition, I would be very interested in knowing if you are aware of any mentors or teachers in the New Delhi (India) area because I really think I need a personal teacher - books and internet can only take you so far, nothing can replace a real live actual guide. Thanks for any help you can give
edit on 8-5-2011 by rainychica because: added the bit about the sound

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

The second you said lying in bed...

It happens, you fell into sort of a "half-sleep". Kinda like in the morning where you can wake up and your mind will be buzzing or you wouln't know where you are.

Its freaky, but if you were lying in bed... at night... with your eyes closed, then its seems VERY likely it was nothing more than that.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Scales

I thought about that, but under any circumstance it takes me quite some time before I start nodding off, I think my mind is just too active. These things happen pretty much straight away. I know I am awake, and once the images start its very hard to shake them without turning on the light. I can move around, try to adopt a better position, anything at all, although lying on my back relaxed seems to have the strongest experience.

I haven't had another one since the last one I mentioned in here, although I have had the flashes of colours and swirliness(is that even a word?).

I know it will happen again, just a question of when and where, but I'll be sure to document it on here.

Even if it is just mind tricks, it's fascinating.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rainychica

Gday,sorry i did not reply earlier.
Never fear what you see,but try and understand it.
Nature is full of energy's that many wont recognize.A nature spirit,just ask him to go if you do not want his company,do not show fear,reach out to him.
Being in India you should be able to find a mentor with ease,one of the most spiritual nations on earth,a local spiritual church/sanctuary will put you in the right direction.I did know a great Indian medium but he lives over here in Aus now.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Hello, my name is Katt and I'm a seer. Ever since I was a little girl Iv had visions while I slept. Then last night I had the weridest one, I'm trying to find out what it means or is telling me. I was wondering maybe if somebody on here would be able to help me? Just maybe I can get some answers...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hello, my name is Katt and I'm a seer. Ever since I was a little girl Iv had visions while I slept. Then last night I had the weridest one, I'm trying to find out what it means or is telling me. I was wondering maybe if somebody on here would be able to help me? Just maybe I can get some answers...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
For what this sounds like to me, there is a scientific term for it.

Hypnogogic Imagery

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join