It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not letting up! Will Obama respond??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by zteam2012

I hope this post is sarcasm because that's one of the stupidest videos I've ever seen.

Not to mention, it completely ignores what people have been trying to tell the birthers all along: Attack Obama's failures, not Obama himself!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Kinda silly to believe the president of the United states is going to respond to Trump and his media crusade (as I would expect from any president) but then again this Donald Trump and we are talking about and your source is WND, so no surprise what source.

Birthers, like conservatives and tea partiers (mostly one in the same) will not let up on anything about this president until he leaves the office, and more documents and tax cuts aint ganna change theirs (your) mind.

It is no wonder Republicans are not making the birther issue as one of their major objectives for 2012, it's alittle far out.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
My opinion is that President Obama is doing a great job.
The whole birth certificate thing is the most ticky tacky argument ever brought up about an active president.
If it really matters to the people, then why would we all elect him in the first place?
Obviously, it doesn't matter. If it is found out that he wasn't born on American soil, then hopefully it will lead the supreme court and congress to change that old rule because people like Arnold Schwarzenegger really would make great presidents.
When the United States was developing into a new country during its first 150 years, that requirement of any presidential canidate needing to be American born was important specially with all the foreign immigrants swarming into the new land.
But this is a new modern time and age. That rule should not apply.
Being an American citizen is good enough for me.
The shadow government and the illuminati are really in control and above the President anyways.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Wow, look at everyone state with certainty that he is legitimate like they have seen the REAL birth certificate. I can't believe this rubbish. You have a possible candidate Trump, who by the way would waste money on running for President and wouldn't care because it's PR. That is seriously questioning the truth behind Obama's birth place. As an outsider this is hilarious and shows exactly the reason why the USA = FAIL. Donald Trump is exactly on point with this one. you should seriously take note about backing Obama on this one.

One day you will have your eyes opened. you trust your leaders too much.

Why doesn't he prove it? the real one too guys....

Remember Hillary crying during her race for President. Maybe that was the day she found out.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

I am shocked that people with your point of view are really out there? How can you say Obama is doing a good job? And you actually think we should let anyone be President in these days of hate?
If you were even an Obama voter you can't even point out where he kept his promises, supporting him is madness, or you are just uninformed?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"If you were not born in this country, you cannot be president," he said.

And if you're that clueless, you shouldn't be eligible, either. It never says you have to be born in this country. It says you have to be a "natural born citizen". Somebody ask the great legal scholar Donnie T what that means. If he isn't too busy trying to keep Gary Busey from stealing LaToya's lunch out of the breakroom fridge on the Apprentice set.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Um? Really? Natural Born Citizen = Being Born a Citizen of this Country. The only way to be born a citizen of a country -- you have to be born in that country. You are a citizen of where ever you are born. These two statements are mutually exclusive.... I'm afraid either I missed your point, or you have mispoke.

P.S.

There is a reason for this law as well. It's a defense against a double agent running for president.

Just imagine if a russian man born in russia could be president, then the KGB issues orders to an american speaking spy and some how managed to campaign him and win..... we would immediately belong to Russia.

edit on 29-3-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Schwartzenegger once said he could never run for president because he wasn't born here when the media asked him if he would ever run. So if he ran and just decided not to show his bc would it be any different? At least he's upfront about it. I would love to hear his opinion on this.
edit on 29-3-2011 by Volund because: Removed remark

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Brilliant!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by jibeho

Kinda silly to believe the president of the United states is going to respond to Trump and his media crusade (as I would expect from any president) but then again this Donald Trump and we are talking about and your source is WND, so no surprise what source.

Birthers, like conservatives and tea partiers (mostly one in the same) will not let up on anything about this president until he leaves the office, and more documents and tax cuts aint ganna change theirs (your) mind.

It is no wonder Republicans are not making the birther issue as one of their major objectives for 2012, it's alittle far out.

Again with the source attacks
Is this story false?? Are WND and Newsmax reporting lies? Trump never asked Obama to pony up?? When you lead off with an attack on a legitimate source the rest of your post is meaningless.

WND has been around since 1997 long before Obama ever surfaced as our President. They have always reported on the actions of sitting presidents. Problem nowadays is that Obama is the target. I have yet to see the Obama camp publicly refute the research and reporting from WND. WND also employs a WH correspondent and secured a table at the White House Correspondence Association annual gala.

You all are taking your marching orders directly from the White House. The WH has singled out Fox and similar Orgs. like WND simply because they want accountability from the WH and disagree with the policies. This administration needs to man up and learn to take some criticism. There was plenty of it dished out for the previous administration and now we have Obama leading this nation down the same path that is due to get worse. And you all just remain silent by ignoring Obama and choose to attack sources and those looking to hold him accountable.

Too Funny!!
edit on 29-3-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So in the USA you can become a president and no on asks for your birth certificate your kidding me

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Laokin

You're incorrect. John McCain ran for President against Obama, and he was born in Panama. My point being, Trump should at least have a clue what he's blathering on about, especially if he expects to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate by anyone other than the mouth breathers who vote on name recognition alone.

But, maybe that's enough and he doesn't care. It just so happens, I do.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Because he should have never been able to take office. Again, if he was truly born in the US then why not just show & tell? Why spend millions of tax payer dollars to avoid it?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

McCain was born on a US military base and his father was an active serviceman stationed at the base with his family. Different circumstance. McCain is Natural Born.

“[8 U.S.C. 1403](a) Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States.”

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

I understand. My point is, again, Trump's assertion that :

"If you were not born in this country, you cannot be president"

Which I've seen echoed in this thread by more than one person, and it's patently false. The fact is, you have to be a "natural born citizen" not a native born citizen. Not to belabor the point because we've gone over it in countless threads ad nauseam, but the problem is, there is no legal definition, and the Supreme Court has never ruled, about what constitutes a "natural born citizen" as it's referred to in the Constitution about presidential eligibility.

Trump's a blowhard attention whore who ought to stick to creating drivel for TV and slapping his name on various construction projects.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
“[8 U.S.C. 1403](a) Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States.”

By the way, that makes him a citizen, but NOT a "natural born citizen". It makes him a citizen by Statute.

I'm not inclined to cover this ground again. We've done it repeatedly.

edit on 3/29/2011 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I believe Seth Macfarlane had it right in his roast of Trump.

"It's pronounced I am #ing delusional. Not: I am running for president"

I present you with humours:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Because he should have never been able to take office. Again, if he was truly born in the US then why not just show & tell? Why spend millions of tax payer dollars to avoid it?

This...is...exactly...what...I...am...talking...about...

It has been shown, it is available online. He is not spending taxpayer dollars avoiding it..in fact, it is a complete non-issue with him and his administration. There are however, taxpayer dollars being wasted by putting forward legislation from very right-wing lawmakers concerning birth certificates in several states.

It would be one of the most embarrassing episodes in American history, having the President of the United States in a state of the Union , wasting time talking about his birth certificate and place of birth when it was already proven. Birthers need a big slap of reality...you are embarrassing the country.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by yeahright

McCain and Obama are both idiots. It was a lose/lose election.

But the canal zone was US territory at the time. He was born on base, which reinforces that.

Military bases are considered US soil, are they not?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Let me just say that it sounds like you are assuming that the phrase "Natural-born citizen" is the same as "born in the US".

What yeahright is saying (I believe) is that we cannot assume that - because the phrase "natural-born citizen" has not been defined. Some think that to be a "natural-born citizen", your parents must also be US citizens. In that case, Obama wouldn't be a "natural-born citizen", even though he was born in Hawaii, because his father wasn't a US citizen...

Others think that a "Natural-born citizen" simply means you were born on US soil. In that case, Obama WOULD be a natural-born citizen.

edit on 3/29/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: of letters.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join