It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This could have been a Disaster too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
One can't help but contemplate what kind of life changes follow large disasters. Being from Florida and having been in many hurricanes, I have seen many sad stories ofr the devastation, but I have also seen things rebuilt bigger and better, with great life changing stories to follow. Im sure it is the same for tornado's and earthquakes.

This video below looks like a disaster just waiting to happen imho, but apparently it is, or was, acceptable every day living for these folks. I can't help but wonder if this recent disaster in Japan may have perhaps caused one change for the better? I mean from what I have heard from one of our own members before we so rudely ran him off, was the fact that the subways have eased up from people. That would have to be a good thing after viewing this video I would think.

I can't even begin to wrap my mind around this occurring in lets say, New York for example.

I suppose some out there may say this is a very good reason for culling the population, I myself am not going to go there as that is just too mind boggling for me at this moment, though if I were honest, I could see the point.

Anyhow, is this crazy or what?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
I can't help but wonder if this recent disaster in Japan may have perhaps caused one change for the better? I mean from what I have heard from one of our own members before we so rudely ran him off, was the fact that the subways have eased up from people. That would have to be a good thing after viewing this video I would think.

It is way too soon to be making any kind of argument that the death of 10,000 people, potentially even more, somehow is 'good' because now there is more room on the subway.

Seriously, I get what you are trying to say, but this in my opinion is written in poor taste and should not be an argument you or anyone else should make -- not now. Not yet.

There are so many flaws in your theory -- many are still in shelters, radiation is still largely uncontrolled, more than 9000 people are still missing....etc. etc.

I'm sorry, but this should be shelved for another 5 years, maybe 10....at least wait until Japan begins rebuilding and the dead are able to be buried.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I really do understand what your saying. I really didnt mean to come across like that and I apologize if I did. I was looking at the big picture and yes I meant it for down the road when things are being rebuilt bigger and better. If any country can do it, it would definitely be Japan. I wasn't really meaning the subways themselves. I pretty much meant everything in general. I guess in a way I see it more as a hope, and one that could possible see things like free energy, etc., in the future, with this country possibly leading the way because their hand was forced.

Please know my heart goes out to these people in the biggest way.

join