It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Cookies on your computer that you cannot delete

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by Sarene
Not that I don't trust you, but how do I know that this little batch program is not a virus itself?
I am no computer expert so...
Please just give me your word, and once you do please tell me how to run your program lol
I am serious about computer safety as all my personal files are stored on this one computer and this computer is almost always connected to the internet...

edit: I guess your work is not a virus (as I was posting the above, other posted confirmation)
although, I am still confused as to how to run the batch file (or create it)
edit on 28-3-2011 by Sarene because: saw other posts

I'm not that great at programming, but line 2 "rem :: nuke any existing cookies and subdirectories ::
"
then he proceeds to tell the program what to nuke-which is the macro flash stuff. That's how it looks to me. Still, it is foolhardy to trust anything from people you do not know. Identity theft has taken on Mafioso proportions, as there are organized groups. Even trustworthy sites can become infected with embedded HTML right over the page.
edit on 3-4-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

If you read the thread you will see that the code is perfectly safe.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Not that I don't trust you, but how do I know that this little batch program is not a virus itself?
Please just give me your word, and once you do please tell me how to run your program lol
I am serious about computer safety as all my personal files are stored on this one computer and this computer is almost always connected to the internet...

edit: I guess your work is not a virus (as I was posting the above, other posted confirmation)

These are basic dos commands. From reading them myself i can judge they do no harm - it's directing it to go nuke a few folders - the locations of where the LSO's are stored i believe.

do not go running code posted up on the forums before looking it up yourself.

People could make a batch file which formats you're pc - or deletes critical files so it will fall over the next time you turn it on.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigaHawk
These are basic dos commands. From reading them myself i can judge they do no harm - it's directing it to go nuke a few folders - the locations of where the LSO's are stored i believe.

do not go running code posted up on the forums before looking it up yourself.

People could make a batch file which formats you're pc - or deletes critical files so it will fall over the next time you turn it on.

Thank you. I know a lot of people are squeemish about that sort of thing, it's just that that "website" doesn't actually remove them all as they claim, an act that I think should be illegal.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by woghd

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm not that great at programming, but line 2 "rem :: nuke any existing cookies and subdirectories ::
"
then he proceeds to tell the program what to nuke-which is the macro flash stuff. That's how it looks to me. Still, it is foolhardy to trust anything from people you do not know. Identity theft has taken on Mafioso proportions, as there are organized groups. Even trustworthy sites can become infected with embedded HTML right over the page.
edit on 3-4-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

If you read the thread you will see that the code is perfectly safe.

Just to place things within reality regardless of who has written what, or what has been written, i am simply POINTING out, nothing is SAFE in digital form.

a friendly gesture to the community.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If by that, you mean "be careful out there", I agree completely...just look at my original post!
But if you mean there is no such thing as harmless code, that's just silly.

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

If by that, you mean "be careful out there", I agree completely...just look at my original post!
But if you mean there is no such thing as harmless code, that's just silly.

Thanks alot for this. I had a bunch of those LSO's AND KFC detected 5 more although I forgot to press info to see which they were. I suggest adding a link to the site providing the program KFC. Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by explorer454

You are VERY welcome! After this thread went to the front page, and then later was sent to the hoax bin...only to be ressurected and placed back here, it is good to hear folks being positive. I really appreciate it!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by explorer454

You are VERY welcome! After this thread went to the front page, and then later was sent to the hoax bin...only to be ressurected and placed back here, it is good to hear folks being positive. I really appreciate it!

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I only wish more people came to the computer forum so that more people would know about this! So everyone please don't forget to star and flag, and more importantly, spread the word! Tell people, put this url in your sig, etc.,etc.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Woah, don't want to start crazy thinking but after finding this method I've been getting ALOT more LSO's. Considering it had been 3+ years without even knowing about this and then a few weeks later have more LSO's then those 3 years combined is kinda shocking.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2011 by raptureready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2011 by raptureready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by explorer454
Woah, don't want to start crazy thinking but after finding this method I've been getting ALOT more LSO's. Considering it had been 3+ years without even knowing about this and then a few weeks later have more LSO's then those 3 years combined is kinda shocking.

I know what you are talking about.
That's why I posted this info!
Be well.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
We have to make sure everyone knows about this, so spread the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join