It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

off topic in the alien/ufo forum...again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
SO, in reference to this thread Humanities open call to ET help japan and the world survive

I saw A LOT of ridiculous content from both sides, the Yay and Nay. Which is not the first thread Ive noticed this in. its been happening quite often lately.

We need to try and have a more courteous discussion about these topics people. Entitlement to opinion is something I hold dear to my heart, but name calling and ridicule are not.

-for the people bringing their personal religions into this. calling aliens demons,fallen ones, satan.... come on... you cant adapt your religion to a topic like aliens/ufos after 2000 years just because its convenient and blends nicely with your other beliefs. if he said "lets ask satan for help with Japan" THEN, you can bring it up. otherwise, there are two forums to accommodate your discussions.
conspiracies in religion
Origins and creationism

I am not bashing your beliefs in any way, I just think they add nothing to conversations where they are not part of the topic. its like bringing up tap dancing at a construction site. sure its entertaining and a legitimate topic... but its not getting any work done.

-for the people stating their opinions about aliens as FACT. you don't know $@%^ admit it, no one knows. if anyone knew, we wouldn't be here, so lose the ego you boosted after reading a book and join the speculative debate. its more fun for everyone. Even if you THINK you know, leave your preconceptions at the door and try formulating your own opinion based on the topic, not on last weeks topic.
^^^(i have done this myself I know, and I am working on it, its part of what I have learned from the veteran ATS members)

Though you may not agree with the topic the OP has chosen, that doesn't give you the right to throw stones.

OP, I know its frustrating when few are on your side or no ones grasping the true scope of what your saying, and I commend you for sticking with your thread, and with your Idea until the end.

To all of you here, new members especially, lets set a bar of civility and standards that no other internet forum can reach. It requires some compromise from all sides. but the quality of discussion will greatly improve.

And remember, If you don't like the thread... theres 666,838 other ones. ( hahahaha ok now you can bring religion into this, thats just irony at its best)

cheers friends.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
S&F my friend, I totally agree that religion does not belong in the Alien/UFO forum.

The only exception would sometimes be the ancient alien theories.

I remember reading the tread about asking ET for help and reading through all the religious crap, aliens are not demons angels...
edit on 28-3-2011 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Agreed, the ancient alien discussions definitely have a place for religion in their discussion, as does any topic that references it. I just didn't see anything in that thread that would suggest religion has anything to do with the OP's request.

thanks for the support

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Who are you guys to say. You have no information about any ET to make any kind of judgment.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jetflock

exactly. no one has any evidence to confirm anything. thank you for agreeing with me.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
How about we just censor anything that you don't like? It would be easier and you would have no need to make a thread to complain!
Even better, why don't we just have less silly ideas presented in a public forum where the inevitable silly answer is common?
If you don't like ATS there is no one stopping you from leaving.
If you do like ATS, get used to silly people making silly comments on silly threads.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

I LOVE ATS. and take pride in its quality above all other forum sites. and worry about its future.

I just don't like having to sift through rabble babble that has nothing to do with the topic to read something coherent and relevant.

its not opinions and view points that bother me, its when they add nothing to the conversation, but make up 90% of it.
edit on 28-3-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
my post was deleted in the thread that youre talking about. and it wasnt even off topic

but i agree...religion has no place in ufo discussions, unless it has to do with ancient times. god also has no place anywhere on here, except the religion thread...because when you get down to it...no god or alien is going to help those who can not help themselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

thank you, all i'm requesting is to keep topics in their designated forums, thats why we have such a vast selection provided to us by the amazing people at ATS!
edit on 28-3-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I agree wholeheartedly about the rabble babble.

if you look closely you will notice a lot of newbies who post only to agree or say something silly. You will also notice that many "lurker" members pounce on a thread only to post a smart a$$ reply.

Try skimming past the stupid replies and find the nuggets of gold buried within each thread.

top topics

join