It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little introduction + Communicating with entities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hi all,

I've just got a few questions around the many means of communications with entities. I'll give you a little background.

I, for one, am not really into the spooky ghost kind of thing. I will admit to having an active imagination as a child (as we all do I guess) but one vivid memory that has always stuck with me was a figure walking across my landing. I was 3 or maybe 4 years old, it was late in the evening and I was stood downstairs looking up at the time. The figure walked from RIGHT to LEFT - towards my parents bedroom. The only way I can describe the look of it... Darth Vadar, tall and dark.

I'm quite a realistic kind of guy, I've always put this down to my imagination... however my father told me about a time where he ALSO saw the figure (it came up in a conversation outside what I saw). My father was led in bed - on the left hand side, close to the door (my mum was on the right - near the window). The door, already slightly ajar moved open, to which my dad said he saw the "shape of a head". No windows were open at the time so there was no reason for the door to move, however it moved open a little more and the shape emerged. At the time my father believed we were being robbed so he shot up out of bed, threw and alarm clock at this figure and started swinging punches... there was nothing there.

This is the only instance of "paranormal" activity me or my family have ever experienced (this being 20 years ago when I saw the figure and about 15 years since my dad saw the figure) - until recently.

I have some items - 2 EMF Readers, Analog Gauss Meter, Digital Voice Recorder, Infra-Red Temp Reader and motion sensors. Playing around with the items I concluded the following about my house:

My hallway has a fuse box that gives off around 10 miligauss that is the highest reading in the house. I have used my mobile phone and the EMF picks up around 15-20 miligauss. With this in mind, myself and my parents are sat in their living room for two hours, just having a conversation with all of the above running. Notable inclusions are: Television, DVD and SKY box are all switched off at the wall. No electric is running in this room.

We are asking questions into thin air for a while and the EMF readers all go off. They are spread around 10 feet apart and completely stationary, the temperature doesn't drop in the whole room however there was a 2 degree (celcius) temp drop near the EMF Reader where my father was. His reader was at maximum (red) mine at around mid (yellow to amber) - I wasn't able to take the Guass reading. The readings were pretty confind to where my dad was. We asked a few basic commands, such as "are you able to walk close to one of us" and the EMF would react to our questions.

There was also a slight descrepency on the Digital Voice recorder, however it could easily be a yawn or heavy release of breath... what is somewhat strange is that my father was the one who asked "are you here to see me" (after we all asked it). This noise DOES kind of sound like an "uuuhhhn No" - Again, this could be my imagination.

Is there anything that may have caused this (other than an entity)?

Also, does anyone know what programs I could used to download the "EVP" and simply upload onto a website? I don't want any program that is able to distort, change or add any effects though... I don't want people thinking I'm some nut who adds voices for the sake of it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Entities and ghosts arent really my thing, just wanted to say hello and what part of Wales have you found that is sunny? lol

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

lol, no problem... I'm from Cwmbran. It's always sunny here compared to Swansea

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

This all sounds very interesting. Im glad your parents are willing to participate as it will add validity to anything you happen to catch. As far as a programme for proccesing the sound. Any decent programme will come with the ability to distort the sound. Any that does'nt probably would'nt be worth using. As long as you let people know what programme you used so they can play around with it themselves it should'nt be an issue for most.

When you do find one will you please post anything you find on here aswell. Im bang in to all this stuff and im in the process of building my own equipment up. All ive got so far is an EMF meter and a digital recorder. Ive only used them in my house with no results but i hope to get out to some haunted locations in the future.

You seem like your on the right path. Just be persistant and hopefully you'll come up with a few answers. You might want to add a ghost box to your arsenal. Its not everyones cup of tea but ive seen video's with some freaky results on youtube. Thats what im getting next, i cant wait.

Keep up the good work my friend.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Thanks Kryptic... I've seen Ghost Box's about, like Franks Box. I'd be careful with that particular style of EVP Reader as the scan act's so quick it often picks up a number of words from various stations that will sound like words but aren't.

You're better off looking for an Ovilus from Digital Dowsing... Pretty reliable apparently and the results are alot clearer.

I'm going to upload 2 particular noises (voices) that have taken my interest. I've got about 3 hours worth of recordings however these are the clearest and decisive sounds I've heard.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SchoolProject

Cool i cant wait to hear them. I dont know how i'll react when i catch my first EVP. It will be freaky to think that i was'nt alone when i was asking the question. Im kind of glad i never caught anything at my own house lol.

I'll look in to the ovulous you mentioned. I think ive heard of one before but ive never used one.

top topics

join