It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another win for the peeps.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I would like to let everyone know that we won.

Uncle sam was trying to shake me down. I recieved a letter telling me that I owe 3000 dollars of right off on my taxes for ligit expense was not covered and that I was having my 2008 taxes changed to relect that change which was about 3k.

The letter says this....

Dear taxpayer.

Please respond to the enclosed examination report within 30 days from the date of this letter. Feb 7, 2011. The examination report explains our proposed changes to you 20008 federal income tax return(s). Please review the examination report and let us know if you agree or disagree with the proposed changes. The item checked below applies to you:

This is what is checked: The amount you owe is 3110.32. This amount may include tax, penalties and estimated interest due. You should pay the total amount you own now because the law aalows us to charge additional interest and certian penalties until pay the amount you own in full. If you can't pay the total amount you owe, please contact us now so we can discuss payment arrangments.

I almost # a 2X4.

Then inside the paper work it states.

Since you did not establish that the buisness expense shown on your tax return was paid or incured during taxable year and that the expense was ordinary and neccessary to you buisness, we have disallowed the awount shown

You self employment tax has changed as a result of adjustments made to your net earnings from self employment as shown in this report. The self employment tax deduction has been adjusted to on half of the recomputed amount.

So I get out all my # and call them and tell them to set up an audit. The lady tells me to send in the docs. I told her i would send copies because I'm not that stupid.

I said FU are you kidding me.

I pay my taxes on the up and up. I went through all my stuff and our deductions were ligit buisness deductions and my wife has every single reciept and document. I called the irs and they said they were not able to verify this.

I said what. They said read the letter... I did.

I sent them a nice letter telling them I would like to sit down and have an audit and go over ever line item. I told them I was sending in copies of my reciepts as per their request.

I had it all and I knew it.

most people would have said oh well and cut the check.

Well guess what I just got in the mail.

Dear Mr So and so,

We are pleased to tell you we did not make any changes to the tax reported on your return. We will be retuning any original documents you sent relating to your return in a seperate envelope. If you are due a refund, we will send it to you within six to eight weeks provided you have no unpaid accounts or other legal debts we are required to collect.

If you recived a Notice of Deficiency from us for this tax return and tax period and have not filed a petition with the United States Tax Court, please disregard that notice. You will not need to file a petition with the tax court, for reconsidering your tax liability. If you already did file a petition with the tax court , you will need to prepare and file the appropriate documents with the court in order to close your case.

We suggest you inform your attorney or tax representative that you recived a "NO CHANGE LETTER". If you do not have an attorney or representative and are representing your self in a the Tax Court, please contact the IRS attorney or IRS appeals officer assigned to your case so that the neccessary steps may be taken to close your case.

Although we did not make any changes to your return, changes could be made if we examine the tax return of a related subchapter S corperation, trust, or partnership and we find we have to make changes to it that could affect your individual return.

If you have any questions about this letter, please call us at the telephone number shown above. Thank you for you cooperation

Operations Manager, Examination

And the person name XXX

Thats right peepes chalk one up for the hard working man trying to support his family.

The funny thing is I got the first letter right before Christmas and almost # myself.

Just one word.

WINNING

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Right on, brother! That's gotta feel pretty good.

I've been "jerked around" a few times like that too, and I ALWAYS smoke them. It's because like you, I keep very detailed records, and can quickly produce proof of their BS.

Moral of the story folks: You gotta stick up for yourself because ain't NOBODY going to do it for you.

join