It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When we Die......, Your thoughts.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I sit here looking out of my window at the clear blue skys with a cold beer in hand, To me this is bliss but as my mind wonders i wonder what death will be like when it comes along all sneaky and creeps up on me, Im sure many of you have thought of this as well.

I am not been morbid, anything but i consider death to be something inevatably amazing, something to take with a pinch of salt as your drop kicked by jesus (Or any other respectfull diety you choose to belive in) through the goalposts of life, I spose its something you can either accept or fear so i choose to accept it as nothing more than an everyday task such as taking out the trash.

My ideal ideal thought would be that my death would be like the scrubs season 8 ending with all of my memories flashing before me as i step into the unknown, for me, this would be bliss

So hows about it, write with me, share your thoughts and fears and lets try and understand this transition through collaboration, No Oppinions ill be disregarded and its my greatest wish that we could all contribute something

Because when we overcome our fears of death, we can really start living.
edit on 28/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I spend a ridiculous amount of time questioning the nature of life and death, ( im considered a little weird because i am not the sort of woman who is obsessed with shoes and bags lol). I wonder sometimes if life is death or a dreamstate and when we "die" we are born or become awake. Often, in my deeper moments, usually late at night with a glass of wine in my hand, it hits me hard that there are only two outcomes from this life that i have, nothing, or an eternal existance without this body in a place without time. When i start considering the second option, i usually have to put the thought out of my head as it deeply scares me as i cannot begin to comprehend it. I also find the idea of eternal life difficult to accept, i cant remember who said it but i once read a quote which went something like this " a human can get bored on a rainy afternoon how will they cope with all eternity".
After twenty years of studying religion and spirituality ive started to consider the fact that we all maybe portions of God, little singularitys in Gods cosmic game of hide and seek, the nature of the game to return back from where we came. I just wish i could remember that this is what i am, not a middle age woman with a shoe aversion!!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Thanks for that, its a nice way of veiiwing things

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It always seems hard for me to get people to understand just what I am saying when I tell about my death.

I won't bore everyone with the gory details but, I have died before. Atleast that is what I was told.

All I can truely tell from my prospective is that one moment everything was going along as best as could be expected and the next thing I know I wake up in the hospital.

Or as I often say, " The lights went out - then the lights came back on".

The nurses and doctors all told me that "all" body functions stopped for several minutes. Then they stated back.

The attending doctor told his assistants to finish up and prepare the body. As he was washing his hands, a nurse came out telling him everything had started back up and that I was alive. She assured him they had no idea what had happened, but I had come back.

This is what I was told. As I said,"the lights went out - then the lights came on".

I have no memory of bright lights, angles, or dark tunnels and demons.

Oh, just as a side note, which I can verify for those who must know.

My social security number has three 6s in the middle. My date of birth adds up to 6. There are 6 letters in my first and in my last name. The numerical values for these letters add up to 6. The wound which caused my "death" was to my head. Next year I will be 66 years of age.

Now for a the scarry part. This happened many years ago and I have had no real feeling of any fear since.
I am almost always calm about any situation and just don't worry. This may be a bad thing or not, but I don't really care to try to explain it.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I used to have a drug problem, and once overdosed. What I experienced has always puzzled me, I was walking down a corridor, reached a wooden door, which I opened - i could see an autumn forest on the other side and I *knew* if I stepped through that would have been everything over for me. I stepped back and sort felt myself flick into my body.
Oddly, it didn't click tht i'd OD'd until the person I was with asked me what it felt like to OD.
The experience was the beginning of the end of my drug affair and in it's own way led me to seek help. I often wonder if the point in this experience was to take me to the edge of death - I felt I had the choice whether to go or not - and to show me I had more to live for.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

Perhaps it just wasn't your time fella. Sounds like you didn't properly die, your body went into a sort of sleep mode hence blacking out and waking up again straight away. Although I'm not expert on matters, just my take on it.

Either way it sounds like a very harrowing experience and I thank you for sharing it with us!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
When I was about 7 or 8 I nearly drowned in a school swimming lesson - I was looking up the top of the water and I felt extremely calm, it was a really wierd sensation - it was then that I got lifted up out of the water, but it felt totally calm - very strange thing to experience
edit on 29-3-2011 by blackcat99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-3-2011 by blackcat99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Your children squander everything you've accomplished (at least what's left after the government takes its share postmortem), your friends and family ransack your belongings discovering any secrets you may have been hanging onto or past indiscretions you may have forgotten yourself, your creditors harass your widow for debts that will never get paid and your flesh rots into this stinky gelatin.

Oh, and any bills set to direct deposit keep on getting paid until somebody makes it a point to stop the payments.

Death is a bureaucratic mess.

I guess the last blissful thought would be "at least I wont have to put up with any of that crap."

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is a question that kept us bussy from the moment we became aware of ourselves. Practically all cultures and religions are revoving around that question and I wonder if any of them had or has it right. If you think of it, it is actually strange that nobody can give an answer to your question for sure....after all it is the most important property of our fysical body and spirit. Maybe there is a good reason for us not to know what happens when we die....or after we died.

The other day I replied in a thread about my questions about reincarnation. And some months ago I asked the question....what is there to do in the "other " world? Things like...can I still play guitar....

I also had the question if we would be the same personallity after we died. This because our personallity is part defined by the structure of our brain. In case of reincarnation...will our personallity become the product of all our previous lives? What if someone rather not be aware of himself for eternity? Can you commit suicide in the afterlife? Where do souls come from anyways...? Who decide when and where you will start your next life?

As you can see I have more questions than answers....

My dad suddently died in january this year and it made me think about the hereafter some more as usual. And once again it made me realise that life is short and that my day will come too.

Anyways...and probably an other thread but,......many say that being alive, or given a life is a precious gift which should be used with care. But if I read the papers or watch the news I think that most people in the world do not realise this. Either because they abuse their bodies or do not care much about the lives of others. Unfortunately in some cases you can not blame them......

It would be nice if there is some way to convince people (again) that it is true that being alive and other life, even if it is the live of a dog is something precious and should be taken care off in the best way possible.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
nice point of view, but to be honest I preferred thinking that there was nothing before life and nothing after, this is aall about evolution and what we have done alive, our thoughts doesn't count.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Totally agree with the every life is precious and we are extremely lucky to be alive - I have forgotten what I was watching but it covered the chances of us having been born is quite astoundingly small - many people do forget this - very sad

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies peeps, Its good to see other points of view

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I had a NDE ( near death experience )... in fact hundreds of thousands of people have. I was outside my body and that's what makes the answer for a question like this. Being "alive" outside the body is a very interesting yet natural experience and maybe that's what people who only recall being alive "in" their body need, to answer the question.

It's really an I Know that I Know that I Know thing I guess! lol

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

When we Die......

Our energy(spirit,soul) returns to the stars.

Or as it was beautifully said in Babylon 5 "left to explore space beyond the galactic rim"

I don't fear death,what really happens i do not know and honesty i don't care.It might sound weird,but it's something that none of us can avoid,so why live with this fear the little time we have on this realm of existence.

Maybe when someone dies he/she creates a reality based on their beliefs.If you believe in heaven and hell you find yourself in a place similar to the tales you believed when alive.
Maybe what we live right now is such a reality.
Maybe when we die we pass to another dimension and start a new life there.
Or maybe we just seize to exist.

I'll stick with the return to the stars option, i like it better.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have this belief that when you die your soul is going to the soulworld. But it is, to gain contact with this world while alive to attain the benefits of this awareness while you are still living. So you have an extra dimension in life. Suddenly one feels there is a purpose in life and grows into a feeling of belonging and satisfaction.

To die while alive and to live a different life than the one you used to do.

nice thread btw

Life isn't life when there isn't talked about death.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I know I ponder death on a daily basis.

It's something I just can't avoid. To explain my philosophy about reality and existence though would take more time than I care to currently.

It is simple to say though that thus far into life, (35 years) my best simplification is just a modified version of the Zoroastrian idea of Time as a River with a current and a shore, and each living thing that comes from the river shall return to it again, and when it is ready, climb once again out onto the shore to experience new things outside of the rivers flow. Rinse Repeat. lol

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
pass onto to a better life.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
My grandma said that when she died she would come back as a ghost/spirit to let me know if she still existed after her physical death...

3 years later and I'm still waiting to be haunted by her. I've looked for signs from her too. Nothing.

We humans think we're so special, we need to get over ourselves. Like any other living thing when we die we're done. Fear death for all we have is life. Enjoy yourself while your alive cuz when its over, its over.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I think everyone wonders about this question more often than they care to admit.

I'm not religious by any means, but I do believe there is more to existence than what we/I are currently experiencing. I have no proof of this, of course, just opinion.

But it seems logical to me. All life is energy and I think it's all connected, regardless of how big or small, sentient or autonomous. And I can't see how it just "vanishes" into nothingness once the physical body expires.

To be honest, I don't think any of the big religious movements have it right. It doesn't seem "right" that you live for say, 80 years and then go to a heavenly place for the rest of existence. Sounds... kind of boring really.

Or to Hell if you're wicked. I mean, in either case - heaven or hell - how can one's "immortal" existence be based on a very finite set of actions in a very small time frame? How does 80 odd years compare to inifinity? It doesnt.

So to me, there's something far more simplistic, far less rule driven but far more exciting. I still don't know what it is, but i don't fear it.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I too have no interest in shopping for clothes and shoes unless absolutely neccessary.I spend a lot of time thinking about life and death and would rather read a history or philosophy book than spend my time queueing in shops. Before the internet and Ats such women would probably have felt odd, but now we hear of likeminded folk and don't feel so strange. I often wonder how many members of Ats live near me, as i find most people pretty mundane and blinkered, but if each area had a meeting place for Ats folk who wanted to exchange idea's in the flesh it would be interesting but probably not as fulfilling as posting under an assumed name.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join