It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sketched this last night....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

Originally posted by Hawking
I don't know if you've done anything on canvas but I think your art deserves a better medium than notebook paper - not that I'm in any place to be giving artistic advice haha.

BTW The sketch of the large figure on the "throne" is impressive to say the least, if you ever pursue this seriously you at least have a couple fans already
edit on 28-3-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)
\

:bowdown: I know dude.... I put my art off for years but I am back into it now since a few weeks ago- saved up a bunch of money and quit my job so I have a chance to create and to paint esspecially. I have never been trained so it takes a lot to start painting its very intimidating.

here is a painting I made of a klimt

and another

Both paintings are very well done...you are very good at incorporating Klimpt's style with your own.
Your latest sketch from last evening is very deep...the crown lotus...the focal point of the energy of the piece, if I am not mistaken? All well done.

Follow your bliss....it's time...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

thank you for your kindness ! I am holding onto your inspiring words and I am off to create!
thanks for the love ATS :heart:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I love these!

Klimt is my all time FAVORITE artist. I love everything about his work. I can stare at it for hours.
My favorite is "The Kiss." I can interpret it in so many ways depending on how I feel.

Do you sell your work anywhere because I would be dead seriously interested in these
They are amazing!

You have talent and I come from family of artists. I have not painted in a long time. I can't afford supplies

It was very calming and relaxing as is sketching.
edit on 3/28/2011 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
decided that the re-sketch was needed on paper without lines lol

I am going to make a new thread though since once a thread is off the front it seems to get no views

this is for ATS

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Looking good brother, No need to start a new thread though.. I have a feeling you will be flamed for creating multiple threads on the same subject.. It's against the T&C..

But don't worry every reply you get in this thread will bump it..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

drop the lich king crown

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

you proved me wrong! no new thread

I will post it up in the first post though

EDIT: I am over the time to edit my first post - Mods, you feel like putting this image up in my top post Link to pic
edit on 28-3-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by epitaph.one

I admit it makes it look a little like King neptune, but I like the idea of emphasizing a feudal vibe, not just making it look like a corporate business man.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
:repeat post?:
edit on 28-3-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Try alerting a mod to move it.. Look under the top where it says flag, and click alert.. Give them a quick message, and they will take care of it..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I like your artwork. Keep it going and keep inspired. Those are some great sketches. I can't claim to understand them all, but I'm enjoying the composition and your ability to capture anatomy in such a ..... ummm..... energetic way.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. The one of the women pouring something is awesome. Keep sharing

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

thank-you, what do you mean energetic, is it because I scribble so much? or is it the litteral forms being emphasized.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

Creative to say the least! doodles can be quite interesting if you let your mind wonder.

I instantly thought of the following when I saw it:

The background looks like skin (epidermis) - There appears to be a stylised clam with a 'pearl of wisdom' on the forehead. No idea about the third eye! but it looks like the face is eating something and it doesn't look good, the reaper looking chap on the boat seems a bit dreary too.

Cool stuff though!, the faceless being on the chair looks like the office version of the lich king from 'World Of Warcraft'.

Do you ponder prior to drawing or is it spontaneous ?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah

thank-you, what do you mean energetic, is it because I scribble so much? or is it the litteral forms being emphasized.

It's the way you sketched them out, with many lines which could be interpreted as movement. If you had used solid lines throughout, you would define the characters too much, which would lead to a far more 'stiff' picture. By not emphasizing the outlines too much and leaving some spaces open in the sketches, you give the characters room to 'move'.... if that makes any sense. They're not locked into one position, and that's a good thing in this case. I'm an artist myself, by the way,.... so this is from one to another.
Great work!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

Fair enough analysis, yeah the two pedal represent the power of sight, if you look at the sketch closely there is what would be a horizon and a setting being reflected in both pedals, what the eyes are seeing. The shape of the pedals in regard to the third eye is esoteric in meaning, image of ajna chakrawhen I close my eyes to meditate, there is the inner light and it looks like that, a centre with two soft pedals on the sides(that eventully dissapear into one light)

the dreary dude in the boat I explained earlier in the thread, its not the grim reaper

That represents the heart, it is a place we all choose to dwell, and yet none of our hearts are the same, it is an ocean of dualistic currents of desires, so it was meant to be ambiguous(right word?) so I used a boat in open water - above, as it is tunnelled up to the mind, the play of black and white represents that dualism, not full in itself but only a reflection of the black and white of our desires and aversions (all rooted in the heart I believe)

now ich king or whatever, had no idea what it was until I looked it up lol world of warcraft was not my inspiration i promise you.

And yeah, that drawing just popped out of my head, the time was ripe (3am or so) and I had just read the Bible and was just drawing what I felt inside, there is much more symbolism than is described through the thread

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I see what you mean, composing figures is difficult, I remember as a kid seeing a guy sketch cartoons, and he always started with a line to emphasize the 'movement' or curve of their body, almost like a spine and it gave his cartoons a very 'active' stance, it really changed how I looked at creating figures.

I remember where he drew a cat pointing in one direction, it was a straight standing body with a 90degree arm pointing left. then he drew it again this time the whooole body was moving in the direction the cat pointed, the spine to the tip of the finger was one fluid line, made so much sense!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
El1jah, what makes your artwork stand out for me is the powerful symbolism behind each image. As ATS members can probably agree, that symbolism hits a lot closer to home than if anyone else were to look at it and interpret without the knowledge base we posess. That insight alone is enough to resonate within me on a deep level that i can really appreciate. My favorite picture so far in this current series is the female figure draining out what i have interpreted to be, the pineal gland, or that which is thought to be responsible for much of our creative processes and where our connection with the world around us lies, dormant for most. The pouring out is symbolic of what i believe to be the destruction of that gland, which supresses us into just becoming another "fish in the sea" so to speak. Ironically on the flipside, we are all one within that same "waterfall" or one with the flowing river that connects us all, the duality i believe you were trying to project? Maybe, maybe not...that is my interpretation.

As a fellow artist myself...i have something very special that is but a nights worth away from completion. It is a comic series i created while at work sitting at my desk. Its called, "cover up". I cannot wait to complete it and finally be able to share it with the world like you have shared your hard work with us!

Keep up the great work, you have an amazing talent!

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Your art is very energetic, and inspired. I like it a lot.
Keep working on it whether you get positive feedback or not. Don't let others dictate what you draw.
That is my advice.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Your art is good I really like the composition and the fact that you have evoked the choking helpless feeling so many folks r feeling as we get eaten up by this sausage factory of artifical life. Your symbolism reminds me of Loren Ries the Christian tattoo artist who is drawing the Bible. Your pics bring to my mind her picture depicting ephesians 6:12. You should check out her work even if your not a Christian, her use of symbolism to explain complex conspiracies is amazing.Good work do you make a living out of your art?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join