It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats Gas Ripoff ..were all being screwed and what can ATS do

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ok simple question and Thread....I want your feedback

If Lybia only controls 2 - 4 percent of the worlds Oil Supply, why do gas prices go up by 18%?....

Clearly we are being taken for.

This is not a trick question, it should only go up by 2 - 4 percent and would make up for itself in the market.

Why is this happening? Who is doing it?
edit on 28-3-2011 by THEDUDE86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It is a matter of supply & demand which is being directly affected by this and as well the stock exchange plays a great role in this. How exactly all the system is working in details I can't say. I ain't a stock broker, but from what I know, I learned what I just mentioned has a certain influence on gas price.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

yes 2-4 % of oil on the market has been taken out....so the supply is down a little, i am not sure the demand has increased by 18 percent....if anything with japan off the market it made up for itself.....we really are being screwed right in the open

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They do it because they can.. they always have and always will.
Gas goes up a dollar because of some skirmish,,,, oh ok its supply and demand
It goes down 50 cents... Thank god it went back down (still up 50 cents)
Another skirmish.... gas goes up 75 cents
Goes back down 50 cents,,, (still up from where originally started)
People are so happy it went back down
No one will complain because its not as high as it was last week so all is right with the world
Supply and Demand doesnt matter,,, a countries contribution to production doesnt matter
MONEY matters plain and simple

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoConfederate
They do it because they can.. they always have and always will.
Gas goes up a dollar because of some skirmish,,,, oh ok its supply and demand
It goes down 50 cents... Thank god it went back down (still up 50 cents)
Another skirmish.... gas goes up 75 cents
Goes back down 50 cents,,, (still up from where originally started)
People are so happy it went back down
No one will complain because its not as high as it was last week so all is right with the world
Supply and Demand doesnt matter,,, a countries contribution to production doesnt matter
MONEY matters plain and simple

There has to be a way to stop them

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

I dont think there is in this day and age,,, people are far to hooked
I hate it with a passion

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoConfederate

Always keep hope, light will clear the darkness one day as it happened a couple of century ago.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoConfederate

Bicycles, walking....I made an effort a few years ago to limit my driving it only lasted for the summer but i lost a few pounds and saved some money.......i guess I will be going back to my old ways

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Does anything like this happen in America ?

Here in the UK, last week we had a 'budget' and the government decreased the price at the pumps by 1p to take effect in the evening).

What people did not initially pick up on was that the garages put their prices up by 1p in the morning only to take them back down by 1p in the evening (when the cut came into force).

The 'budget' was at midday, so the garages must have known up front what cuts were coming into force.

How is the fuel price regulated in America ?
Does the government have any power over the price of fuel ?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

There isn’t a regulation it seems in America.....one part of the day it could be 3.50 then by the end of the day it could be 3.70.....It seems almost like if one station raises the price the others(instead of competing) just raise their prices also....not to mention some stations change the price 3 or 4 times a day

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
Ok simple question and Thread....I want your feedback

If Lybia only controls 2 - 4 percent of the worlds Oil Supply, why do gas prices go up by 18%?....

Clearly we are being taken for.

This is not a trick question, it should only go up by 2 - 4 percent and would make up for itself in the market.

Why is this happening? Who is doing it?
Stop driving a car.Nobody is forcing you.Cars are new inventions of 100 years or so.Man has lived for tens of thousands of years without cars.Why does everybody need all the latest inventions?Keeping up with the jones huh.For local trips,ride a horse.Ride a bike.Gas is not something you need.You want it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

I love your answer.....basically Go Amish....Too bad its not a good answer.....the gas is a problem i agree, but people who are screwing us for greed is also a problem.....if it wasn’t gas they would be screwing us out of something else with something else... so your solution of not driving is not much of solution really.....Greed is what needs to be corrected.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's our alternatives.... why are they not everywhere? Because gas, oil, and GE electric aren't about to willingly go out of business, or make less profits.

I'm still waiting for this to come out....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by brindle

I love your answer.....basically Go Amish....Too bad its not a good answer.....the gas is a problem i agree, but people who are screwing us for greed is also a problem.....if it wasn’t gas they would be screwing us out of something else with something else... so your solution of not driving is not much of solution really.....Greed is what needs to be corrected.
This country of the united states is based on capitalism.Capitalism is how people achieve the american dream.Nobody forces you to buy a good or service.If you dont like capitalism,you probably should look to another country as your place of residence.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

it takes more energy to produce hydrogen for the car to travel than it would just to fill the gas with gas. It is great for the future but now it still isn’t a better technology in terms of energy conservation.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

The united states does not regulate the worlds oil supply.We may use a lot of it.We may even fight for it...the world market creates the price.....this is something the united states and the people of it are not in charge of.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by diddy1234

There isn’t a regulation it seems in America.....one part of the day it could be 3.50 then by the end of the day it could be 3.70.....It seems almost like if one station raises the price the others(instead of competing) just raise their prices also....not to mention some stations change the price 3 or 4 times a day

Or the opposite happens. I used to work for a gas station that had a competitor kitty-corner on the same intersection. Every morning my boss, the owner, would come to work and glance at his competitor's price sign. If the competitor had lowered his price my boss would say, "G.D. That Bas****!" then reduce his own price to stay even.

Much of the price gouging is due to oil speculators manipulating the market. Annd, no, ATS can do nothing about it. There is no clout here.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OP, if you really wanna get twisted, think about how they can raise the price on gasoline that they are storing in an underground tank at the gas station? The same gas that was in there yesterday ? ! ?

top topics

join