It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The race card got too used, it's now the "victim" card. Poor, poor Obama. . . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Just an opinion piece, folks. I've come to see a growing trend here and elsewhere. When disagreeing with policies from the Obama administration, they'd (the progressive left) play the race card to defuse the situation and blur the actual topic.
Well, the race card got used so much that it became a burden to those using it, especially when the rest of us stayed on task and ignored the racist overtones.

Now though, the trend seems to be the "victim" card. Remember when it was all Bush's fault?

Ahhh the good ol' days.

But instead of it being Obamas' fault, it's the banks, the Blindenburgs, Soros, space monkeys. . . . .

It just isn't Obama who is at fault. I spend much of my time on Political Madness (an apt home, an apt name) and I see this constantly.

What's even worse is that Obama himself plays the same game. It's Bush's fault. It's the U.N.'s fault. It's Europe's fault. But it is NEVER, EVER his fault.

Am I insane or have others seen this same trend?

Your thoughts and comments are always appreciated.
edit on 28-3-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2011 by beezzer because: It's NOT MY FAULT!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
After donating money to egypt,president obama should have been immediately terminated from his position as president.There are far too many starving and homeless people in our country.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

After realizing that the job of POTUS is more than parties and telepromptors, he should have resigned.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
When it comes to the birthers, it is about race. Birthers can deny it until they're blue in the face but the fact of the matter is, no previous president has been faced with so many people demanding his birth certificate.

Regarding other issues, Obama has absolutely done things wrong. And they are often his fault. They are also often because the president has no real power. We have known this for decades.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
When it comes to the birthers, it is about race. Birthers can deny it until they're blue in the face but the fact of the matter is, no previous president has been faced with so many people demanding his birth certificate.

Regarding other issues, Obama has absolutely done things wrong. And they are often his fault. They are also often because the president has no real power. We have known this for decades.

Once again, and I'll quote, "because the president has no real power."

But it as all Bush's fault just a few years ago. It was Bush's war, Bush's economy, Bush's taxes, Bush's crisis.

To all Obama supporters and to Obama himself I say this, "Grow up and start taking responsibility for your actions".

It's what big people do.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Has any other president had so many social security numbers, a mother who liked to globe trot, and a father and a stepfather who had different citizenship statuses?

You are exactly who the OP is talking about.

Edit: And no, I am not going to debate those issues with you in this thread. It is a derailment. I happen to agree with the OP, and you proved his point.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

edit on 3/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Bingo!! The desperation is only getting worse. Let's see how these threads roll in two more months when we are knee deep in Libya, Yemen, Syria, and Jordan.

Cheers!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1b715751156.jpg[/atsimg]

This just about sums up my demeanor around ATS lately. Where have all of the intelligent debates gone? Oh yeah, I remember, it was when ATS went hot on Facebook. Its been downhill quality ever since and all about login and post numbers. blah blah blah. Where are the quality index statistics??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

SSN issue is a WND story. Not a reliable source. A mom who likes to globe-trot? So, she travelled; what is the problem with this?

I am not at all playing the race card. I clearly stated that this is the only issue where there is racism from those opposed to Obama. Every other issue is not race-based. The birther issue absolutely is.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I'm old school. I don't do the face-web.

I'm here for the hot babes, fast cars, cool tunes and debate.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Keep proving the OP right.

This is fun.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

People blame Bush more (at least I do) because his family is part of the elite. They always have been; they supported the Nazis; they were instrumental in toppling democratically elected governments. For that, the Bush family, as a whole should be blamed. Obama's family is not the elite...yet.

Obama is essentially Bush the Third. It is disgusting how he went back on his promises while campaigning, though I suppose we should not be surprised that a politician goes back on his or her promises.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sure is, especially when you don't read my posts. I have never defended Obama. I will, however, always attack racism, no matter who the target is.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No other president has had so many open ended questions left hanging over there head. Or perhaps its the inconsistent biographical information, the behavior of his mother and grandparents, the holes in the official nativity story or even the words of Obama and Michelle themselves.

My doubt was affirmed when Michelle publicly stated on the campaign trail that Obama's mother was "very young and very single when she had him". I don't doubt a US birth. I simply doubt the story that has been crafted to conceal something deeper. People will often go to a great extent to protect family lies as the lies continue to compound themselves over the years. Soon enough the liars often forget about the previous lies that were already told...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Oh, I read it alright.

the OP:

they'd (the progressive left) play the race card to defuse the situation and blur the actual topic.

You:

When it comes to the birthers, it is about race.

I have questions about his birth, so I am a racist.

Nevermind the fact that I am married to a non-white, 90% of my friends are non-white, etc.

Three posts in a row proving the OP right.

Can we get a 4th?
edit on 3/28/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This couldn't have worked out better if I planned it!

Someone posting has actually proved my point.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

SSN issue is a WND story. Not a reliable source. A mom who likes to globe-trot? So, she travelled; what is the problem with this?

I am not at all playing the race card. I clearly stated that this is the only issue where there is racism from those opposed to Obama. Every other issue is not race-based. The birther issue absolutely is.

WND has been around long before Obama (since 1997) and they are legitimate enough to employ a White House correspondent. People don't like them NOW because they don't agree with what is currently happening while Obama is at the helm.

This administration has been bullying Fox News and WND from day one and yet they have yet to publicly refute the information revealed in WND's reports. This thin skinned administration attacks any and all who disagree.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The people that claim racism now a days are the ones that are true racists. Majority of people don't care what color people are. Was it a problem in years past yes of course. However those generations are either retired or dead. There will always be pockets of hateful people but their small groups of people and EVERY race has them. The most recent example is the Tea Party. That group has NOTHING to do with race. Am I in that group? Nope I'm just not an idiot. How else would certain parties discredit that organization? Its Obvious

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Whatever works to keep the lens away from "them"

It seems this administration uses anything that works, to keep the heat off, and even when he does something that is worth resigning over, it never happens because they are not using the position for the betterment of the country, they are using it as a front , like a shield to promote many corrupt agendas for the puppetmasters..

We can see that the Bush cabal also used their positions of authority to keep the heat off of all their henchmen, so they could further all of their corrupt plans of profiteering and to further the agenda of tightening political power and consolidating that power to themselves and their associates being groomed for the next and future leaders, so they will always remain very powerful.

And then when anyone shouts to the media about some wrongdoing, they label them the "anti-government" crowd.

They use that moniker "anti-government" (or racist, or anything that fits) for anyone speaking against them and the MSM 'parrots' that, over and over again.

edit on 28-3-2011 by alienreality because: eta

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Hey! "Idiot" Tea Party member here!
Though I agree with the rest of your post about racism being on the way out.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I would like to ask you a couple of questions. How many Presidents since 1800 have had a foreign born parent ? Could that in fact be part of the questioning of his original place of birth ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join