It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A GREAT & MEANINGFULVIDEO (Lifestyle).....Must see (3:11)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be relived; but, if lived with courage, need not be lived again. So lift up your eyes upon this day.....Give birth again to your dream."
Maya Angelou

What do you live for?

joshspector.com... or.com%29
edit on 28-3-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
CC

It's a commercial. It's a bank telling people to dream. To dream big. And borrow money to do it.
Of course it is inspiring. Many well paid ad experts pieced together numerous visual images to tug at our hearts to associate happiness with that bank. Overlay the music and wa la.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Yes, it is a commercial for TC BANK (Taiwan Commercial Bank?)....which appears at the very end. But it isnt endorsing a product per se (like a brand of motorcycles). Still a great video-mercial encouraging us to dream.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
That was so beautiful! The feeling you get while riding a motorcycle can be one of the best.

It's never too late.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

this is pretty cool too

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This one made me tear.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Yes, it is a commercial for TC BANK (Taiwan Commercial Bank?)....which appears at the very end. But it isnt endorsing a product per se (like a brand of motorcycles). Still a great video-mercial encouraging us to dream.

Years ago marketers began to realize that the hard sell was losing it's desired effect. They realized the underlying need of consumers to feel good. So they began to make this kind of associative propaganda piece.
Stir their hearts, entertain them and make the subtle association with the product.

There is meaning and philosophy in this. The meaning is that we now take commercials as something valuable. We are asked how does this make make us feel and how can we make this commercial better. The meaning is that the marketing arm of the worldwide corporate beast has insinuated it's tentacles into our very minds and we no longer know it. We just go ooooh and ahhhhh.

The philosophy here is simple. There's a sucker born every minute.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Beautiful. But it bolsters my point.

Pumping beautiful fear into our adrenaline flow to sell us life insurance.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

Listen to that music......designed to tug at our heart strings. This is an expensive and well crafted piece of corporate propaganda.

Advertising has been going on for so long that it slips right through our ability to filter and evaluate the flow of information into our minds.

This website is for discovering conspiracies and how they are perpetrated on us. If we don't understand advertising when it manipulates our minds we don't have a chance

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
CC

I apologize . I don't always act like that. It's just that advertising is one of my issues. Ya know?
Sorry.

top topics

join