It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American pride banned at the Olympics!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo

New World Order? I thought that was a powerful coalition of professional wrestlers formed by Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash, AKA Big Sexy. The thrust of your post and quote seems to be that the NWO is plotting to take over the world. Is that just a story line for the WWE (formerly WWF), or is this for real? Am I missing something here?

Haha. Yeah, you're missing something. That was WCW, not WWF/WWE.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
The Olympics is a front for the New World Order agenda, is readily seen by this suggested suppression of the waving of America's flag.

IMMORTAL, prove it
The Olympics is a sport event for Christ sake, its not healthy that your seeing everything as being the New world order
Its an Athletics event, not a some giant conspiracy! Geee.......Seriously though, its just an event where sports star take part. Next everyone will be saying that the FIFA World Cup is a front for the illuminati

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

IMMORTAL, prove it
The Olympics is a sport event for Christ sake, its not healthy that your seeing everything as being the New world order
Its an Athletics event, not a some giant conspiracy! Geee.......Seriously though, its just an event where sports star take part. Next everyone will be saying that the FIFA World Cup is a front for the illuminati

The Olympics, like the World Cup, is an international athletic competition of national teams. Every country should have pride in their team, and if one country, or most for that matter, don't feel comfortable with flag waving and national pride, then fine. But don't suggest that no one should be allowed to do it, especially the United States of America.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eastern_Diamondback

New World Order? I thought that was a powerful coalition of professional wrestlers formed by Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash, AKA Big Sexy. The thrust of your post and quote seems to be that the NWO is plotting to take over the world. Is that just a story line for the WWE (formerly WWF), or is this for real? Am I missing something here?

Haha. Yeah, you're missing something. That was WCW, not WWF/WWE.

I realize NWO was originally formed in the WCW, which was eventually acquired by the WWF. NWO subsequently performed in the WWF.

STAMFORD, Conn., February 15, 2002 �Hulk Hogan�, Scott Hall� and Kevin Nash� are returning to the World Wrestling Federation�, starting with the upcoming No Way Out� Pay-Per-View event this Sunday, on February 17, announced Vince McMahon�, Chairman of World Wrestling Federation Entertainment, Inc.�

www.cooldudesandhotbabes.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I realize NWO was originally formed in the WCW, which was eventually acquired by the WWF. NWO subsequently performed in the WWF.

They actually brought that idea back in the WWE? Dear god! I thought it was effectively euthanized.

Anyway, in an effort to stay on topic: Flag. America. Wave. Olympics. Athens.

That should cover the relevant terminology.

[edit on 7/24/2004 by Eastern_Diamondback]

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ya know Diamondback, its REALLY anoying when someone asks you a question, you reply and ask why the question is posed, but the other person fails to answer.

Why did you ask if I was flemish or walloon?

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Ya know Diamondback, its REALLY anoying when someone asks you a question, you reply and ask why the question is posed, but the other person fails to answer.

Why did you ask if I was flemish or walloon?

I'm sorry, I didn't see your earlier response. I'm just curious when I come across a Belgian, because I've never met/talked to/interacted with a Walloon. Every Belgian I've ever come across was a Fleming, and that's a pool of about 20 people.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Thank You AntiPolitrix, who is Jakamo, is he a person we should nuke?

[edit on 23-7-2004 by TACHYON]

No...well...no...Jakamo is from Canada. Need i say more. I would say yes, but that would ruin the water supply.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Antipolitrix:

Wow....damn...let me sit down. Ok, you are a blind fool. Your hatred is clouding you judgment.

Kazomo-Yes, I DO. The idea that you can hide 2000 litres of chemical weapon (let's say Sarin gas) in 1litre bottles in the desert shows you have no idea what you're talking about. These things have to be kept at certain temperatures, in secure containers and THEY DEGRADE OVER TIME. Read something.

AntiPolitrix-Wow Mr Canadian, did you just look that up on google? Nice!!! "Degrade over time". By the way, where is Canada? Is that still a country? Just kidding, but i was making a example. This stuff could be hidden very easily, especially when given six months to do it.

Kazomo-"Don't feel sorry for my country, Canada, because I get treated like royalty everywhere in the world that I go."

AntiPolitrix-Treated like Royalty everywhere you go huh, thats great. I am porud OF you.

Kazomo-"Patriotism is more than a flag, but I'm not expecting you to understand that. I'm actually not expecting you to understand much of any of this."

AntiPoltrix-Ok, nice logic aswell. I will agree to disagree.

????? (deleted a paragraph) ????? Hmmm, Interesting

So..i was pretty close to the "you must be from France", you are Canadian."

[edit on 26-7-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Kazomo-It's not even TRADITION to have an athlete wrap themselves in their flag or run a victory lap with the flag a wavin'. The American flag doesn't mean the paragon of freedom to everyone watching the Games, and frankly, it might even be a bit of a downer to half the planet, or even piss them off. Do you see Israeli athletes gleefully waving their flag on a victory lap?

So just win medals and save the flagwaving for back home, where the flag stands for positive values.

You should get with AntiPolitrix, he probably knows a way you can store 10-megaton deployable nuclear missiles in an A-Team lunchbox.

And who the heck is Kazamo?
[edit on 23-7-2004 by Jakomo]

AntiPolitrix-It may not be the TADITION in "Canada" but here in the States, we are patriotic and the flag does represent America. If Canada had won more than just Hockey metals you might understand.

Kazomo-"AntiPoltrix...probably knows a way you can store 10-megaton deployable nuclear missiles in an A-Team lunchbox."

AntiPolitrix-Well..maybe not in a A-Team lunch box, but how about in a small cooler that keeps ice cold for 5-Days". These coolers these days are amazing. Eitherway, my point was that chemical weapons are easy to hide.

Besides im just a non-patriotic American who is very jealous of Canadians but who can hide chemicals in a desert the size of California. By the way Kazomo, i wish i was Canadian for real, that way i would be treated like Royalty everywhere i go in the world, ahh.

Canada

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Who gives a flying **** if it's a downer to half the planet, or pisses them off (which, btw, it won't be)?

Obviously the USOC gives a flying **** and maybe if it puts the althletes lives in jeapardy they would give a flying **** too. I can understand why you wouldn't since you will be safe at home and would relish seeing your flag rubbed in the collective faces of the rest world.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

Who gives a flying **** if it's a downer to half the planet, or pisses them off (which, btw, it won't be)?

Obviously the USOC gives a flying **** and maybe if it puts the althletes lives in jeapardy they would give a flying **** too. I can understand why you wouldn't since you will be safe at home and would relish seeing your flag rubbed in the collective faces of the rest world.

If an athlete feels his/her life is in danger then let that athlete make his or her own decision about how they want to celebrate. The point of the Olympic Officials telling the athletes not to wave the flag or take a victory lap wearing the flag is so other countries don't get their feelings hurt, not to keep people from throwing things at them. There is no danger in the arenas that the athletes have to worry about. The real danger is to the people in the stands, or the parking lots, who have to worry about psycho idiots who want to blow things up in the name of "their god". I could care less about the flag getting rubbed in another countries face, I just want the athletes to be able to take pride in themsleves and the country that they represent. If people like you are offended, then turn the channel, or shut yor eyes till your country wins and you can watch your represented athlete do their thing.

[edit on 26-7-2004 by mpeake]

[edit on 26-7-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just one more thing.

Isnt standing with a gold medal around your neck while having your anthem played and your flag hoisted patriotic enough?

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Antipolitrix:

Wow Mr Canadian, did you just look that up on google? Nice!!! "Degrade over time". By the way, where is Canada? Is that still a country? Just kidding, but i was making a example. This stuff could be hidden very easily, especially when given six months to do it.

Your example is stupid. You CAN'T hide these things easily, which is what you're asserting. And which is wrong. Next.

Well..maybe not in a A-Team lunch box, but how about in a small cooler that keeps ice cold for 5-Days". These coolers these days are amazing. Eitherway, my point was that chemical weapons are easy to hide.

And yet again your point is seen to be simplistic. This war was fought for WMDs, and a frickin COOLER full of a chemical weapon is NOT a WMD without the capability to LAUNCH said chemical and USE it. If a cooler can keep beers cold for five days it should also be able to keep complex engineered chemicals in a useable state? Pfft.

Besides im just a non-patriotic American who is very jealous of Canadians but who can hide chemicals in a desert the size of California. By the way Kazomo, i wish i was Canadian for real, that way i would be treated like Royalty everywhere i go in the world, ahh.

If you knew what you were talking about you'd realize your sarcasm is misplaced.

Eastern_Diamondback:

It's about feeling free to express oneself, something you up north have a generic understanding about. Canada doesn't stand out for anything. That's the difference. There's nothing that distinguishes yourselves from the rest. You just exist. And many of you seem content with that.

Um, stick to what you know. Canada doesn't stand for anything YOU know about, but that's due to your ignorance, not us. Canada stands for peace and understanding and cultural diversity. And we're known for being unassuming and humble and quiet. How terrible for us.

If you want to make this a worldwide popularity contest, you oughtn't. Canada is one of the most favoriably looked upon country in the world by those who know history. The USA? Ha. Half the world wants you dead. Good work!

And you seem to throw a fit everytime an American shows some happiness and pride in being who he is. You feel threatened by it. Don't worry, we aren't interested in annexing your country. You'll be a third world country in a few more decades with all your immigration.

Haha, yet our economy is growing faster than yours? Good one.

I don't feel threatened by American displays of patriotism, I just find it sad and immature when someone gets all snippy and morally offended that they can't wave their little flag AT THE OLYMPICS. Awwww how terrible for you. Can you be proud of your country without having to wave your flag everywhere, or is that the only way?

Can you be patriotic with your mouth shut?

Maybe you should try pretending to be an American in these foreign lands, and you'll see your maple leaf doesn't earn you any extra points. Every country I've been to, be it Latin America, Europe, Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand and Japan, My family and I have been treated very well.

How about this: when people in other countries find out I'm Canadian, THEY APOLOGIZE.

"Omigod, I'm sorry, I thought you were American, I am so sorry if I offended you."

They seem to think I will be OFFENDED if they think I am American.

Good Public Relations, USA.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The real danger is to the people in the stands, or the parking lots, who have to worry about psycho idiots who want to blow things up in the name of "their god".

If there is real danger to the American fans don't you think that is enough reason not to be overly exuberant in the celebrations. Or do you not care about fans as well.

I could care less about the flag getting rubbed in another countries face, I just want the athletes to be able to take pride in themsleves and the country that they represent. If people like you are offended, then turn the channel, or shut yor eyes till your country wins and you can watch your represented athlete do their thing.

Well unfortuantely for you the USOC does care about it. The Olympics is supposed to have a certain spirit to it, and that spirit is not one of showing how much better your country is than other countries by winning more medals.

Please people, read the article before making comments.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

AntiPolitrix-Well..maybe not in a A-Team lunch box, but how about in a small cooler that keeps ice cold for 5-Days". These coolers these days are amazing. Eitherway, my point was that chemical weapons are easy to hide.

Kazomo-And yet again your point is seen to be simplistic. This war was fought for WMDs, and a frickin COOLER full of a chemical weapon is NOT a WMD without the capability to LAUNCH said chemical and USE it. If a cooler can keep beers cold for five days it should also be able to keep complex engineered chemicals in a useable state? Pfft.

AntiPolitrix-Ok Kazomo, you are way to gullible, yea...i was serious when i mentioned the coolers that can hold ice for 5 days can hold chemical weapons. Wake up, do you believe EVERYTHING you read? That could be your problem. It is simple...you just have to think KAZOMO.

Chemical weapons are easy to hide WHEN YOU HAVE SIX MONTHS TO HIDE THEM. But thats ok, your world will come crashing down on you when we do find them, because they are there. Like i said before, Iraq is the size of California and it would be easy to hide many types of chemical weapons. NEXT???

Oh..you've got more? Bring it Canadian, it's nothing for me to teach you a thing or two.

First thing you should know, don't believe EVERYTHING you read.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

If you want to make this a worldwide popularity contest, you oughtn't. Canada is one of the most favoriably looked upon country in the world by those who know history. The USA? Ha. Half the world wants you dead. Good work!

AntiPolitrix-They hate until they need. They always need something from us like freedom, food, power, meds or money.

Other User-Don't worry, we aren't interested in annexing your country. You'll be a third world country in a few more decades with all your immigration.

Kazomo-Haha, yet our economy is growing faster than yours? Good one.

AntiPolitrix-It may not be a third world country but your ecomomy sure as hell couldn't get any worse. There is only one way up from the bottom, and thats up.

Kazomo-I don't feel threatened by American displays of patriotism, I just find it sad and immature when someone gets all snippy and morally offended that they can't wave their little flag AT THE OLYMPICS.
Kazomo-How about this: when people in other countries find out I'm Canadian, THEY APOLOGIZE.

I bet they do, they say "Where? Canada? Oh yea, Canada is north of the United States." That is all Canada is known for with exception to Hockey. You might know something about patriotism if you came from a Country that is worth being proud of. The French may have colonized in Canada but they sure didn't want to put their name on it. Great Britian gave up too. Too cold and NOTHING but wood and ice.

CANADA

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
Just one more thing.

Isnt standing with a gold medal around your neck while having your anthem played and your flag hoisted patriotic enough?

No it is NOT, these games only happen once every four years. These athletes work hard to get where they are and they represent the United States. When they do stand with a gold medal around their necks, that means they are the BEST in the world. The very best at what they do. How can you people not understand. Have either of you (Jakomo and Flyer) ever been competetive in anything. Well we know Canada boy hasn't but what about you Flyer. Have you ever competed in anything. I guess it means so much in the US because we ALWAYS win. Maybe they should just call it the American Games. People in America grew up free and no one should be able to take that freedom away. My great great great grandfathers died so that we could drap the American Flag around our neck and parade around the stadium after we win among other things. I am truely sorry you know nothing of patriotism, it is a great feeling to know that i stand for something. Not just cold air and living north of the United States. USA USA USA

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Its not about...

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
The Olympics is supposed to have a certain spirit to it, and that spirit is not one of showing how much better your country is than other countries by winning more medals.

Then why go? If it is not important to win, then why do we send athletes, our best athletes, to compete if it is not a big deal to win. I will say it again, when a person wins a gold metal at the Olympics, he or she is the Champion of the world, the very best at what they do. How is that not important? That is one thing the United states stands for, being the very best at what you do. So what if your not proud of my countries accomplishment. Atleast let them be happy for what they've accomplished.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So stupid, Im not going to stop waving my flag becuase our Gov't are power hungry war mongers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join