It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American pride banned at the Olympics!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is it America that makes the flag, or the flag that makes America?

Just wondering, 'cause if it were me, I don't think I'd need a flag to be patriotic.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
If I were an athlete and I won, I'd shout my victory cry as loud as I could, and let them try to take my medal away.

Thats what i would do,
I wouldn't give a crap and just celebrate the victory

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
These US officals are so stupid in my opinion, whats next they will suggest we not play the National Anthem if we win?

Mpeake great picture that was a great match Gardner was a big time underdog in that event compared to the Russian.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What I see happening is that if the US athletes obide this rule, the sporters of other nations will cary the flag for them in a way to flip the bird to these US Officials.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
thematrix, thanks for the refreshing point of view from someone else who feels patriotism is something that shouldn't be looked down upon!

As far as whether we make the flag, or the flag makes us, I don't think that's the issue. Olympians wave the flag of thier country as a symbol of the love for thier country.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

thematrix, thanks for the refreshing point of view from someone else who feels patriotism is something that shouldn't be looked down upon!

As far as whether we make the flag, or the flag makes us, I don't think that's the issue. Olympians wave the flag of thier country as a symbol of the love for thier country.

I sometimes think its rather odd that americans seem to think they invented national pride and patriotisme. Its nothing new, everyone is proud about their nation.

Alot of the fighting in Iraq is just about that. The Iraqi people being proud of their nation and sovereignty, even though they are led by a monster like Saddam Hussein. They don't like their sovereignty being taken from them, and they don't like an external player comming in to make them do their bidding.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

lol so all Europeans are Commies and Nazi's eh? Quick history lesson, during World War II, Russia was on our side

Detour...

Russia was not on the Americans side at first, it Stalin, Hitler, and Mousalini (spelling??) that were the original Axis Powers, i think. Russia didn't cross sides until Hitler went after Moscow.

Back to the topic...

Bad decision made by the 'American' Olympic official but i don't think the athletes will go for that. They know how to celebrate and they are not going to listen to the lollygagin Oylmpic official, they are probably liberal pieces of dooky who are ruining America by letting these terrorist win the war. Stand up America and stand up for what you believe. USA USA

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Yes, and this is all thanks to you beloved President!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rai76
Yes, and this is all thanks to you beloved President!

Ok...here we go on another detour. If my beloved President hadn't gone to war, Saddam would still be killing his own people by the thousands, he would still be crapping on a gold toilets while hundreds of thousand of Iraqi people starved to death, he would still have the capability to supply a terrorist group like al-queda with chemical weapons to attack America or Europe. He had chemical weapons and we will find them. It doesn't take very much of a chemical weapon to kill millions if used right. Saddam had six months to hide these chemicals in a desert the size of California. That is a huge area, think about it. Set your hated for Bush aside and really think. Could you hide 1000 1-liter bottles of chemicals in a sand box the size of California? Of couse you could, ecspecially if we gave you SIX months to do it. Come on people, think, stop hating and think. You make me sick

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You're right, terrorist and other anti American nations just started hating us within the last 4 years. Bush started the whole movement so he must be responsible

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You're right, terrorist and other anti American nations just started hating us within the last 4 years. Bush started the whole movement so he must be responsible

Bush did squander away a lot of goodwill after 9/11 by attacking an unarmed country, alone, even though everyone else told him it was a dumb idea, because he thought they would throw rose petals at our feet.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I hope your not serious, "anti American nations just started hating us within the last 4 years". Where do you get your info? They have hated us for a LONG time, as long as we have been involved with Israel. They will always hate America and there is Nothing we can do.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am not saying that Bush hasn't made mistakes, or that the war isn't a mistake (and I'm not saying the war is a mistake cause strong arguments could be made for both ,but that is for another topic), I'm just saying that he is not soley responsible for the decay in our National Pride and our ability to express it at the Olympics. This has been a process in the making.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I hope your not serious, "anti American nations just started hating us within the last 4 years". Where do you get your info? They have hated us for a LONG time, as long as we have been involved with Israel. They will always hate America and there is Nothing we can do.

Trust me, I was being very, very, very sarcastic when I said that!!! I, in now way, really think that...just the opposite!!!

[edit on 23-7-2004 by mpeake]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Bush did squander away a lot of goodwill after 9/11 by attacking an unarmed country, alone, even though everyone else told him it was a dumb idea, because he thought they would throw rose petals at our feet.

Who is everyone? I guess Kerry, Gore, B.Clinton, and H. Clinton are nobody. They all had speeches saying how Saddam had to be stopped. The UN was the problem, with France and Germany and their vetos. We know France has never fought for what they believe, they call on America to save their butts. Germany...well...can we say genocide?

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
AntiPolitrix:

He had chemical weapons and we will find them. It doesn't take very much of a chemical weapon to kill millions if used right. Saddam had six months to hide these chemicals in a desert the size of California. That is a huge area, think about it. Set your hated for Bush aside and really think. Could you hide 1000 1-liter bottles of chemicals in a sand box the size of California? Of couse you could, ecspecially if we gave you SIX months to do it. Come on people, think, stop hating and think. You make me sick

Ahaha, thanks a lot, that's the funniest thing I read all week. LOL! 2-litre Pepsi bottles filled with nasty chemicals are an WMD? They lob them across the ocean into New York? LOL! Too much!

I hate George W. Bush because I am a reasonable, stable person. And I'm in the majority.

AND WHO THE EFF CARES THAT YOU CAN'T WAVE YOUR FLAG! Are you a 5 year old kid who needs to show everyone his pretty colors?

Do you need everyone to know what country you come from because that is the singlemost important defining factor of your personality? Jeez.

Is this IMPORTANT?! It's the freakin Olympics, it's about the WORLD not about your blind patriotism.

So get over it.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Trust me, I was being very, very, very sarcastic when I said that!!! I in now way really think that...just the opposite!!!

Cool, sorry about that, good to know someone else sees the BS.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

I hate George W. Bush because I am a reasonable, stable person. And I'm in the majority.

AND WHO THE EFF CARES THAT YOU CAN'T WAVE YOUR FLAG! Are you a 5 year old kid who needs to show everyone his pretty colors?

Do you need everyone to know what country you come from because that is the singlemost important defining factor of your personality? Jeez.

Is this IMPORTANT?! It's the freakin Olympics, it's about the WORLD not about your blind patriotism.

Wow....damn...let me sit down. Ok, you are a blind fool. Your hatred is clouding you judgment. Do you know anythink about chemicals? No, you don't. You are not a reasonable, you are a moron. Go debate about something you have a clue about. You know nothing about pride. You know nothing about Patroitism. "WHO THE EFF CARES THAT YOU CAN'T WAVE YOUR FLAG!" I do, and you are not in the majority. "Are you a 5 year old kid who needs to show everyone his pretty colors?" No im a 25 year old adult who is proud of the country i was born and raised in. Im sorry you don't know what that is like. You are what is wrong with America, if you are from America. If not, im sorry for the pothetic country your from. "Do you need everyone to know what country you come from because that is the singlemost important defining factor of your personality? Jeez." G-Golly...no it is not the "singlemost important defining factor of my personality". Did i say that? No!But patriotism is VERY important in my opinion, and that thought goes with the majority.

Where are you from? Sounds like France because i doubt you have ever stood up for what you believe. You have a bad attitude Jakomo. Stop hating and start understanding.

Hopfully you will wake up soon and join the majority.

[edit on 23-7-2004 by AntiPolitrix]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
Stop hating and start understanding.

hmmmm, you said:

"Where are you from? Sounds like France because i doubt you have ever stood up for what you believe."
"You are what is wrong with America, if you are from America. If not, im sorry for the pothetic country your from"
"Germany...well...can we say genocide?"

Maybe you should practice what you preach, try to understand other countries, stop calling them pathetic, stop hating them.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
Stop hating and start understanding.

hmmmm, you said:

"Where are you from? Sounds like France because i doubt you have ever stood up for what you believe."
"You are what is wrong with America, if you are from America. If not, im sorry for the pothetic country your from"
"Germany...well...can we say genocide?"

Maybe you should practice what you preach, try to understand other countries, stop calling them pathetic, stop hating them.

yea, i went too far. France has had enough wars in their history and havn't been to successful. I just got worked up. I am calm now but it blows me away the way people blame EVERYTHING on Bush, Oh lunch time Bye Bye.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join