It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is from someone who works in Emergency Management, lets see whats to come in 2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Marking my spot so I can come back and read this trhead. I agree with SO much of what you are saying. The flood is coming to pass as I write this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

First, The Midwest and the Mississippi are about to get hit with a very large flood. Easily the worst flood since 1993…(18 years ago…think about the last supermoon) and possibly worse than the flood of 1993.(which is considered the worst in modern us history) This will occur, many states EMA’s are very active right now in gearing up for a horrific flood conditions on the Mississippi and are believe it or not they are saying how bad its going to be but it is being diminished by other headlines( in fact it is barely talked about at all by media)

Glad to see this thread resurrected!

So, the Mississippi is at "Epic" flood levels, and there the press is all about the long-dead corpse of OBL, and the release of the birth certificate?

I hope more people get a chance to come back and check out your thread again. AND I hope you are still wrong about the Earthquakes. Things are not looking good.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

The Mississippi is having a record flood right now. Tonight is the first time I have even heard it mentioned on the National News, and it was really played down. Here is a real good thread about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
This is the first time I have seen something predicted come to be. I hope that it was a lucky educated guess, and the rest never comes to be...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by diddlydo

I don't think it was exactly "predicted." The flood threat has been known all winter, because of the heavy snows. They knew the Spring melt and Spring storms would pose a flood threat. I don't think they knew it would be of "epic proportions" though!

Two very bad, record setting storm systems combined with already swollen rivers is really a worst case scenario.

I hope the other predictions don't come true too.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yeah! The link doesn't connect to my state either. But the main page wants to sell me something...

source

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddlydo
This is the first time I have seen something predicted come to be. I hope that it was a lucky educated guess, and the rest never comes to be...

Except everyone I work with knew this was coming. I was distributing sandbags in this since early march. I get inside knowledge on what government and emergency management agencies are doing and ATS does not listen

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Just wanna say thanks for all the info. Very informative! There is definitely a lot going on and I've a feeling that we're just getting started...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Any info for Australia?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Hey mister...check your inbox. Thanks...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Prediction? Really? Predicting a flood along the Mississippi river is like predicting the sun will rise in the morning and set in the evening. This river floods every year and government agencies respond every year. Honestly, it's never a surprise.

This isn't a secret or new to anyone who lives in the various flood plains along the Mississippi or to any of the agencies who respond.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Whether or not this post is pointless, the fact is everyone should be prepared for anything... no one is immune...so yeah, bad # will happen, it always has, and always will...

I personally don't feel it but I love when people say something "big" is going to happen, they can "feel" it, etc...OF COURSE IT WILL! Why constantly state something bad is about occur and they can just feel it and blahblahblah, as if you have some special power...I haven't seen one thread that didn't have someone acting like they had some special knowledge of what is about to occur. If # is about to hit the fan, why not be out enjoying your last moments of life?

It seems as though this whole website is becoming a big doom and gloom (I've lurked for a very long time), yeah I get that this is a conspiracy website but people keep restating the same # over and over. I've yet to get any good knowledge or learn anything new or become enlightened in any way from posts like this...I always go into it being hopeful, but I always am disappointed. Recycled crap is what it is.

I'm in no way trying to offend anyone...a bit cranky...so maybe just ignore this post if you like

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

Originally posted by diddlydo

Except everyone I work with knew this was coming. I was distributing sandbags in this since early march. I get inside knowledge on what government and emergency management agencies are doing and ATS does not listen

Everyone knew this was coming because it happens...EVERY YEAR!!!! Every spring the Mississippi floods, sometimes the flood is catastrophic, sometimes it's not as bad. The agencies involved (Fed, state and local) can "predict" how bad the flooding is going to be based on that year's snowfall amounts and the weather service's "prediction" of rain fall amounts.

This isn't a conspiracy, it's something that happens every year and we prepare for it early by, distributing sandbags and placing equipment in those areas normally affected EACH AND EVERY YEAR by the flood waters.

It amazes me that, when the government gets proactive, we automatically assume that there's some grand conspiracy at work OR are memories are so bad that we can't remember that events such as Flooding along the Mississippi river occurs EVERY YEAR.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

no, this was predicted to be bad.....look at my original post......

Stop trolling my threads if you cant handle the fact that someone was right

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Dude, not trolling just making sure the truth is out there. THIS HAPPENS EVERY YEAR!!! Seriously, check the files...you should have past files if you are truly a high level planner. You can't take credit for a prediction if it's something that always happens.

I predict that the sun will rise in the east on 9 May 2011 and set in the west that evening. Let's hope my prediction comes true.

If you really work in emergency management then you must understand that your role is NOT to create such hype over these types of events. Stop making every exercise sound like the world is ending...it's not. Stop making every normally occuring event sound like it's a world ending event...it's not.

If you need to warn people, tell them to stop building houses in flood plains. Tell them to go to DHS.gov for information on preparedness. Tell them that DHS and all of it's agencies are trying to be prepared to help the folks that didn't listen and built houses in flood plains or didn't prepare.

That, my friend, is your job....Do it!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

No, I told you this flood would be as bad as the one in 1993. It its not like the flood's are this bad every year in fact its probably been near 70 years. If you even remotely think that this flood is anything like any other one than you need to look at the past years floods. This flood is right along the levels that we have predicted for a 1 in a 100 year flood, and that is suppose to be a 1% chance.So to say that it is like any other flood or that we planned for this like any other flood is completely absurd, we knew this would be bad in early march and I warned you. You have always tried to diminish what I have tried to get across. It amazes me when you then turn and tell people to be prepared, which is all I am doing.

Also, I agree that people should not build in a floodplain. If your house does flood, your land should be bought out and then you should move. It is stupid to live in a floodplain and the only way to mitigate that is to move.

What really should be a concern is the earthquake that California will be experiencing soon.It is not predicted to be a superquake or anything but it will be considerably major. It is not in my region but I do know that there is a higher concern that has been placed there.

Here is some of the info you need to know before you

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The St. Louis region has "500 year" floods every 20 years or so. They have "100 year" floods every 10. It's stupid how the media sticks a monicker on every natural event to make it into drama.

If there is heavy snow up North, there will be floods come spring.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Bump, the BIn Laden distraction worked. :-(
2nd.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join