It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth behind the battle of Trafalgar Square March 26th 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
By Christopher Ram 55T alternative media blogger

This is a accurate account of what really happened yesterday in Trafalgar Square by eyewitness accounts by myself and other people that were in the protest. You got a untrue account of the protesters by the mainstream media labelling them as anarchists, drunk yobs and violent troublemakers without substantial proof whatsoever. They show the innocent protesters throwing things at the police as they have been heavily provoked by the police which was never mentioned by the mainstream media. The anarchists that caused the damage of the buildings earlier in the afternoon passed through Trafalgar square about 2 hours ago without stopping at the national gallery side of Trafalgar square.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6422161147e.jpg[/atsimg]
Image courtesy of: dotconnectoruk.blogspot.com...

From the start and till before the storming by the riot police it was all peaceful and in good nature. However about 10-15 minutes before breaking news from Sky news and BBC news, a 80 year old pensioner gets punched in the face by a police officer near the Olympic countdown clock which was never mentioned by the mainstream media, then all of a sudden lots of police officers and riot police came from the left hand side of the national gallery side stormed towards the protesters and started to kettle them from all sides provoking reactions from the innocent 80 year old men getting punched and the protesters getting kettled and stormed by the riot police. Its worth mentioning that the whole of Trafalgar Square and part of Charing Cross Road which includes the main Station itself were occupied by riot police by all sides was in complete lockdown.

The remaining few hundred innocent protesters that were trapped in the kettle got arrested for alleged breach of the peace and mostly got released at various Police stations at different parts of London and they had to make there own way back . This was clearly illegal kidnapping and not mentioned by the mainstream media for the lack evidence against these protesters just for being in Trafalgar Square. Reports of police provoking violence occurred earlier in the afternoon it started when a women got punched in the head three times and another person was put in a headlock, Some officers were openly provoking violence. There were no anarchists around them, They just wanted to walk down the side street. Also the police try to attempt a illegal kidnapping of Charlie Veitch and other members of his group called the love police for standing peacefully outside Downing Street.UK uncut members in Tunbridge Wells caught Sky news journalists paying activists to throw bricks at the window. Plain cloth police officers were shown at the protests showing there police ID at the police officer was shown.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ba9f7cc6e7e.jpg[/atsimg]
Image courtesy of: www.mobypicture.com...

In conclusion the police state was in operation at Trafalgar Square/ Charing Cross area to flex there cowardly muscles for no reason and it was completely staged and provoked by them for no reason. The police were targeting and arresting innocent protesters and not confronting the anarchists that were smashing windows and causing damage to property in the afternoon which was shown in the mainstream media. Trafalgar Square/ Charing Cross for a few hours was in complete police state lockdown for no reason and the lies from the mainstream media that were trouble makers, drunken yobs and anarchists in Trafalgar square were completely untrue as they only passed through Trafalgar square without stopping. People need to be aware of what really happened in the Trafalgar Square/Charing cross and the attempted Downing Street kidnapping of Charlie Veitch and company. Please spread this article to everyone you know to found out the truth what happened in Trafalgar Square to counter the psy ops by the mainstream media to discrediting hundreds of innocent protesters being arrested just for being trapped in the kettle as they need to justify the massive costs of the riot police by arresting lots of innocent people in the process. They are so scared of Trafalgar Square being turned into Tahir Square and will do anything to get rid of them by both the mainstream media and police.

Please spread this article to everyone you know.

I'm posting this because, well, it pretty much corroborates what I've already been hearing from those I know who were there.

Right now they are discussing on the radio how the police need even more measures to help them curb this civil unrest (oh, how dare people speak out and act against oppression!)...hmm, ever heard of listening to the majority of this so-called "democracy"?
No, of course you can't listen to the people - that would only end up in actual democracy and not the pretense of one and, we can't be having that now, can we! I mean, how can the elite function towards their own ends if the "commoners" have a say, tut!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So - when citizens practise democracy, they are labelled as anarchists and terrorists...
and the same governments who preached the praises of private enterprise dived in and bailed out the fiscal deviances of a few - with taxpayers dollars of course.

In Canada we have seen it clearly with the G20, and the Olympics in Van.

Pay heed to your upcoming Olympics.

I noticed both Canada and the UK had pics all over the MSM of a dated police car in the middle of a crowd, abandoned, and set on fire by well-dressed "protestors".
Seems to be a "thing" with provaceteurs (sp?)

The best to those who choose Democracy!
Thanks for your post.
edit on 28-3-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: forgot a sentence

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The police are nothing more than the extended arm of the government. They dont care about protecting the public, this is just a career to them, which means in order to not put them at risk they need to do as they are told. If they cared about the people, they would not be doing what they are doing. There is simply NO EXCUSE. It is supposed to be their duty to uphold the law, yet they and the people they work for are all above it (unless it suits them otherwise of course).

In these situations it is ALWAYS the government that throws the first punch. And without fail, it comes usually at someone who is elderly, infirm, or disabled, basically someone who is in no position to fight back. They are the ones who come with weapons, they are the ones who use them. The weapons used by people who fight back are usually whatever they can immediately get their hands on, they are not prepared for this. To prepare for it would be against the law.

This is not about rogue elements in the police, what happens is not due to the actions of someone getting a bit carried away, it is police policy. If it was rogue then the officers involved should be dealt with. They know full well what they are doing.

How can they do it? At the end of the day they go home after a shift and do all their everyday stuff with their families - ultimately they are just like us, even the police are getting screwed by the cuts, and they should joining in the protests. Yet they dont. They fight us. They are selling us out in order to uphold the lawless corrupt government. Is it really worth it to let all this continue just so they have a job?

Do police officers have an exemption from having a conscience? They must see a lot of dodgy stuff. They deal with some of the sickest and most twisted members of society on a daily basis, so surely they must be able to see those exact same behaviour patterns in politicians? Yet the politicians remain untouched and the police continue to protect them. It is deliberate by design by the politicians.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Um....Sky News has been saying since saturday evening that the peaceful protests were interrupted by a minority of anarchists disrupting the TUC protests and pinning blame on people who weren't involved in the organising of the majority of people there.

I believe the OP and his/her friends who were there need to actually watch news reports to see that the majority of people who were there are not being blamed and that the anarchists have been said to be the minority who were looking to cause trouble.

Why must everything be "police/government vs us", especially when it comes to protests in the UK in the last year? Especially because from what I see, those protesting and their supporters have got the reason for the cuts completely misunderstood and seem to want to live in a country constantly in debt and near bankruptcy just to give them an easier ride.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think I was the only one on ATS to catch the twitter-fest that said 'SKY new photographer paid rioters to smash window' - at the time.

So I can defo say the blogger and the OP are not making it up.

Not saying the original tweet couldn't be a rumour, but i'm at least backing up the OP.

But... I can't find my ruddy post which I mentioned it, as I was on half a dozen threads about the London protests....

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
why should i beleive this dudes account of the trouble?

the word of some random geezer means as much to me as the wordd of the chief of met police!

another thing... wher abouts in that middle photo does anybody show a police badge?

your getting played!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Campaigners for the tax-avoidance protest group UK Uncut have claimed senior police officers "tricked" them into a mass arrest after a peaceful protest inside Fortnum & Mason's in London on Saturday.

Activists say they were given repeated assurances by a chief inspector from the Metropolitan police that they would be shown to safety after the protest, which she described as non-violent and sensible. However, when protesters left the luxury Piccadilly store on police instruction, they were kettled, handcuffed and taken into custody.

Their claims are backed up by footage, obtained by the Guardian, showing that, rather than being asked to leave, the protesters inside the luxury food retailer were told they were being kept inside for their own safety.

So even the PEACEFUL protesters were tricked. No violence, no damage by these guys, yet they were all treated heavy handedly by the Rozzers.

"But when we got out, they began arresting us. People in the crowd told a second female officer: 'You've lied to us. You said we could leave and now you're arresting everyone.' She replied: 'Yes, you're free to leave – to the police station. You're going to be arrested.'

edit on 28-3-2011 by mr-lizard because: 2nd quote

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
mr lizard,

ITS A CLAIM!

of course the anti-police protestors will claim this and that just as the police will but you cant beleive everything that you read at face value!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here ,how agent is caught live in video

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
xavi,

how was he caught redhanded?

the man goes behind the police corden were he meets other civilians milling around!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by martinthemartian
mr lizard,

ITS A CLAIM!

of course the anti-police protestors will claim this and that just as the police will but you cant beleive everything that you read at face value!

You obviously weren't there, or anywhere near, even in spirit...shame on you.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

hehe

i like the ''shame on you'' comment, as your trying to make me feel bad and sugest that im an idiot who cant tell whats what

well guess what? youve provided nothing but oppinions from ppl who have a slanted eye on these protests!

please tell me why i should beleive a random guys comments over someone from the met police?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

xavi,

how was he caught redhanded?

the man goes behind the police corden were he meets other civilians milling around!

The way the police reacted to him would show he isn't a protester. He appears to show them something as he gets close to them, they appear like they have lower rank and guarded towards him, then he is walked through.

Try this video ..follow the hand

edit on 28-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

hehe

i like the ''shame on you'' comment, as your trying to make me feel bad and sugest that im an idiot who cant tell whats what

well guess what? youve provided nothing but oppinions from ppl who have a slanted eye on these protests!

please tell me why i should beleive a random guys comments over someone from the met police?

Suggesting you're an idiot?
No, that's your own words, not mine.

The opinons of those who were there mean nothing to you? Do you think everyone there were "anarchists" intent on destruction?
As it stands, you only have the opinions of others to go by, so I can understand your inability to discern fact from fantasy, due to the vast amount of propaganda supplied to detract from the real issues, but you really should consider all aspects before jumping to conclusions - you know what they say about assumptions.

It is your choice to believe the establishment over the millions of citizens who protested for your rights.

I genuinely wish you were right - that way, there would be some hope for us at least.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I sugest you look again!

the police corden finishes in between those phone boxes

he may flash something but that could be anything... it could be a nhs medical card or a card to veryfy that hes a member of the red cross!

please look again... their are loads of people where hes been guided to

why would you think that hes flashing a police badge when you have nothing to support that claim!

come on ppl... chop chop.

put your logical head on

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

yes the opinions of those who were there mean nothing to me

the police were there so that means that i should beleive them?

ive still not herd why i should beleive what some random people have to say about this who obvsly have a agenda to promote!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

yes the opinions of those who were there mean nothing to me

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, regardless of anything to the contrary.

I wish I had your confidence in the establishment, considering (genuinely, I do).

Until you've been beaten about the face by a bobby with illusions of grandeur, for simply being in the wrong place, at the wrong time, I doubt you would consider there to be anything wrong with the system as it stands.

I envy your naivety, my friend. I truly do.

Tell me, please - would you feel ever-so-slightly incensed, if your 80-year old grandfather was punched in the face for standing his ground in a peaceful protest?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I sugest you look again!
he may flash something but that could be anything... it could be a nhs medical card or a card to veryfy that hes a member of the red cross!
why would you think that hes flashing a police badge when you have nothing to support that claim!
come on ppl... chop chop.
put your logical head on

Lol, chop chop ?
Member of the Red cross ?in that clothes?
nhs medical card ?
...first Policeman is brutal and nervous and after he saw that what he showed ..cop calmed down
another video

edit on 28-3-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

THAT video is extra suspicious, he seems to fidget with his clothing afterwards and lurks TOO close to the Police, he also seems to hide behind those phone boxes.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
person in the crowd right behind him points him out as he's showing whatever's in his hand, too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join