It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prostitution should be legalized

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hi Storm!

I have not had sex with a prostitute.
But I have known several and been close friends with them.
Does that count?

edit on 3/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by neowakko

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

reply to post by hp1229

So this is what you are going to resort to now? I mean, the insults have been amusing to a point but now you are just looking pathetic.
Do you admit you have no other argument here? You've already admitted you dont understand the term logic, so thats a start....

But you're right, looking at the subject subjectively certainly means that I must be a pimp, as you keep calling me

(by the way, insults are against the ATS TOC...I havent reported you yet but you might want to stop before someone does)

I have plenty to discuss but there is no point since obviously you have a fixed view point and so do I. You've alreazdy admitted that you have a uncivilized logic. Once again you are trying very hard to drive your point across which only means that you expect me to believe everything you say and accept your logic. But I chose not to

My apologies if the clarification seemed as insult to you. I was only comparing the ideology that is normally portrayed by certain types of management(pimp) in a certain profession (prostitution) of the modern economy.

I'm waiting for you to actually present an argument back by more that your opinion, thats all.

I am set in my opinion that arguments without any factual basis are pointless, you are right in that. And I am set in my belief that someone who would use a term like 'self proclaimed socrates' when nothing even remotely close has been said is a bit pathetic, so you are right there too.

Two in a row, well done!

again, I dont care if you accept my logic. The difference between you and I is that I am using logic. You have used none.

And please dont even try and back out of your multiple posts of insults. If you arent man enough to own them, dont throw them out there.

I dont agree with your opinion and you dont agree with mine. Lets just leave it at that.

You can justify all you want to prove your point and thats fine.

Its sad if you consider my comments as insults.

I can agree to disagree. If we proceed any further it would just be like an argument over which religion is better.

not bad. i grant thee +1 INT

I certainly do not believe in any religion.

I believe in humanity if it helps you understand my simple point.

link   

reply to post by hp1229

Again, logic would dictate that you need more that "It will, I says so" as reasoning, if you are going to claim something as fact.

Do you have ANY evidence to back up your claim?
Well. I can ask you the same questions. Do you have the evidence that legalized prostitution works for a country like US ?

Yes I do. Look at the Netherlands, like has already been pointed out.

Ouch. Falling fast my friend. Pull up. Pull up.

Well good for you then.

Perhaps you should point this out and recommend to the economic advisors during the next election.

Again, you are presented with fact that completely disproves your argument, so you resort to strawmen and personal attacks.

You can do better than that.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

It will as sex is integral part of the culture and a big money maker (legal or illegal) on the internet and media (tv, movies, magazines etc) in general.

How so? Is there data to back up this assertion?

I mean, if prostitution became legal tomorrow it doesn't mean I'm going to rush right out for those services. Nor do I suspect you or anyone else would.

In fact, since prostitution is illegal - thereby creating a black market with huge profit incentives - it's probably more rampant already than if it were legalized.
True just like any other industry. However do you agree if this is a good way to make a living ?

It's great for some people and terrible for others. To me it's not about my opinion on whether it's respectable employment. It has to do with whether or not prostitution is an actual crime. As far as I can tell it's legitimate exchange of money and services with no victims. There is no reason to criminalize behavior that renders no victims.

Actually there are victims, if you consider how prostitutes are abused by their customers.

then there is the underage prostitutes,

today.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have a question, how many of the pro prostitution posters have sex with prostitutes?

Never in my life. Still wouldnt EVER think that it is my right to tell another what they can or cant do with their body.

never done so in my life either. i don't find the concept applicable in my life.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Again, logic would dictate that you need more that "It will, I says so" as reasoning, if you are going to claim something as fact.

Do you have ANY evidence to back up your claim?
Well. I can ask you the same questions. Do you have the evidence that legalized prostitution works for a country like US ?

Yes I do. Look at the Netherlands, like has already been pointed out.

Ouch. Falling fast my friend. Pull up. Pull up.

Well good for you then.

Perhaps you should point this out and recommend to the economic advisors during the next election.

Again, you are presented with fact that completely disproves your argument, so you resort to strawmen and personal attacks.

You can do better than that.

What fact did you present? Did you show the charts and numbers of GDP for Netherland ?

I did not attack personally in anyway. I simply recommended that you bring the idea to the experts and see what they say thats all. But if you feel attacked at every single comment that I type then I cannot help it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

It will as sex is integral part of the culture and a big money maker (legal or illegal) on the internet and media (tv, movies, magazines etc) in general.

I mean, if prostitution became legal tomorrow it doesn't mean I'm going to rush right out for those services. Nor do I suspect you or anyone else would.

In fact, since prostitution is illegal - thereby creating a black market with huge profit incentives - it's probably more rampant already than if it were legalized.
True just like any other industry. However do you agree if this is a good way to make a living ?

It's great for some people and terrible for others. To me it's not about my opinion on whether it's respectable employment. It has to do with whether or not prostitution is an actual crime. As far as I can tell it's legitimate exchange of money and services with no victims. There is no reason to criminalize behavior that renders no victims.

Actually there are victims, if you consider how prostitutes are abused by their customers.

today.msnbc.msn.com...

THAT's why it should be legalized and regulated, hp1229.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Hi Storm!

I have not had sex with a prostitute.
But I have known several and been close friends with them.
Does that count?

edit on 3/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

I just wondered how many people would admit having sex with a prostitutes.

I don't have anything personal against prostitutes, but I guess I have a problem with sex slavery.

edit on 123131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I have a question, how many of the pro prostitution posters have sex with prostitutes?

I do not have sex with prostitutes, nor did I ever had, or plan to do so. But I have no right to regulate sexual activities of other consenting adult persons. The same I expect from others.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by neowakko

reply to post by hp1229

So this is what you are going to resort to now? I mean, the insults have been amusing to a point but now you are just looking pathetic.
Do you admit you have no other argument here? You've already admitted you dont understand the term logic, so thats a start....

But you're right, looking at the subject subjectively certainly means that I must be a pimp, as you keep calling me

(by the way, insults are against the ATS TOC...I havent reported you yet but you might want to stop before someone does)

I have plenty to discuss but there is no point since obviously you have a fixed view point and so do I. You've alreazdy admitted that you have a uncivilized logic. Once again you are trying very hard to drive your point across which only means that you expect me to believe everything you say and accept your logic. But I chose not to

My apologies if the clarification seemed as insult to you. I was only comparing the ideology that is normally portrayed by certain types of management(pimp) in a certain profession (prostitution) of the modern economy.

I'm waiting for you to actually present an argument back by more that your opinion, thats all.

I am set in my opinion that arguments without any factual basis are pointless, you are right in that. And I am set in my belief that someone who would use a term like 'self proclaimed socrates' when nothing even remotely close has been said is a bit pathetic, so you are right there too.

Two in a row, well done!

again, I dont care if you accept my logic. The difference between you and I is that I am using logic. You have used none.

And please dont even try and back out of your multiple posts of insults. If you arent man enough to own them, dont throw them out there.

I dont agree with your opinion and you dont agree with mine. Lets just leave it at that.

You can justify all you want to prove your point and thats fine.

Its sad if you consider my comments as insults.

I can agree to disagree. If we proceed any further it would just be like an argument over which religion is better.

not bad. i grant thee +1 INT

I certainly do not believe in any religion.

I believe in humanity if it helps you understand my simple point.

i take back that +1 INT i gave in my opinion of you.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Raises hand.
Some nice girls too.
I refuse to have a girlfriend and its hard to find a friend with benefits who stays out of my life other then for sex.
It always ends up with emotional issues.

I realized you aren't really paying for the sex...you are paying them to not call you again.

link   

Never in my life. Still wouldnt EVER think that it is my right to tell another what they can or cant do with their body.

Even if its your own child, spouse, family member or relative?

2nd line.

link   

Originally posted by Maslo

I do not have sex with prostitutes, nor did I ever had, or plan to do so. But I have no right to regulate sexual activities of other consenting adult persons. The same I expect from others.

Do you agree that there are many women and men and children that get abused by these guys?

Do you think it is ok for an underage girl or boy to be prostituted out?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

No one is advocating abuse. Abuse and Prostitution are two different things. Parents sometimes abuse their kids, but we're not going to make parenting illegal.

That is also not being advocated here.

Keep prostitution separate from other crimes. No one is advocating abuse OR child prostitution.

People also get hurt with guns... Would you outlaw them?
edit on 3/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: of so many "R"s...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

2nd line.

That's a good question, how many would like to see there child become a prostitute, it isn't that glamorous.

link   

Definitely it is not a crime.

2nd line

link   

So now its about whether or not its a good way to make money? You really are all over the board. I dont think digging ditches is a way to make money. Should that be illegal now?

Indeed. Digging ditches does not involve selling your body to make a living nor does it involve
answering questions to your children down the road who their real father if a real prostitute becomes pregnant due to her profession

Really? Most ditch diggers have back and neck issues, among other health problems from the physical toll of that type of work.

That could CERTAINLY be considered selling ones body.

Do you really think prostitutes are the only ones who ever have to answer questions about who a childs father is? 33% the kids in this country are without a father.

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

No one is advocating abuse. Abuse and Prostitution are two different things. Parents sometimes abuse their kids, but we're not going to make parenting illegal.

That is also not being advocated here.

Keep prostitution separate from other crimes. No one is advocating abuse OR child prostitution.

People also get hurt with guns... Would you outlaw them?
edit on 3/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: of so many "R"s...

I realize it isn't being advocated, but it comes with the territory.

Let's be honest.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

2nd line.

That's a good question, how many would like to see there child become a prostitute, it isn't that glamorous.

Damn right. Would I try to steer them in a different direction? You bet, and luckily the people in my family are in a position to not have to go there.

But if that s what an adult, ANY adult, CHOOSES to do with their life, I would never think I had the right to tell them no.
edit on 28-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No one is advocating CHILD prostitution.

I wouldn't want my SPOUSE to be a prostitute. We have an agreement about sex.

A family member or relative? If they were of age and it's what they wanted to do, I would support them.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join