It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prostitution should be legalized

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neowakko

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
reply to post by hp1229

Again, logic would dictate that you need more that "It will, I says so" as reasoning, if you are going to claim something as fact.

Do you have ANY evidence to back up your claim?
Well. I can ask you the same questions. Do you have the evidence that legalized prostitution works for a country like US ?

Well, you don't want to see your mother in prison right?
I am not in favor with prostitution be it legal or illegal
Thus the question doesn't arise. To answer your question, it would never come to that since the values instilled in the society and culture and my mother, she would rather die with honor then to live or work as a prostitute

Are you ok to see your mother or sister in prison?
edit on 28-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neowakko
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Hah! you're enjoying yourself aren't ya?

and who's this hp122 guy anyway. what happened to the earlier holier-than-thous? i don't think this one has the wits to call it quits.

I have to admit, I am. Im at home with the flu today, and I have to admit, this silliness is keeping me entertained.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

link   

link   
***ATTENTION***

Enough bickering.

Stick to the topic, not each other.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i can't seem to sleep. so i'm reading up on things and browsing this.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

So this is what you are going to resort to now? I mean, the insults have been amusing to a point but now you are just looking pathetic.
Do you admit you have no other argument here? You've already admitted you dont understand the term logic, so thats a start....

But you're right, looking at the subject subjectively certainly means that I must be a pimp, as you keep calling me

(by the way, insults are against the ATS TOC...I havent reported you yet but you might want to stop before someone does)

I have plenty to discuss but there is no point since obviously you have a fixed view point and so do I. You've alreazdy admitted that you have a uncivilized logic. Once again you are trying very hard to drive your point across which only means that you expect me to believe everything you say and accept your logic. But I chose not to

My apologies if the clarification seemed as insult to you. I was only comparing the ideology that is normally portrayed by certain types of management(pimp) in a certain profession (prostitution) of the modern economy.

I'm waiting for you to actually present an argument back by more that your opinion, thats all.

I am set in my opinion that arguments without any factual basis are pointless, you are right in that. And I am set in my belief that someone who would use a term like 'self proclaimed socrates' when nothing even remotely close has been said is a bit pathetic, so you are right there too.

Two in a row, well done!

again, I dont care if you accept my logic. The difference between you and I is that I am using logic. You have used none.

And please dont even try and back out of your multiple posts of insults. If you arent man enough to own them, dont throw them out there.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

It will as sex is integral part of the culture and a big money maker (legal or illegal) on the internet and media (tv, movies, magazines etc) in general.

How so? Is there data to back up this assertion?

I mean, if prostitution became legal tomorrow it doesn't mean I'm going to rush right out for those services. Nor do I suspect you or anyone else would.

In fact, since prostitution is illegal - thereby creating a black market with huge profit incentives - it's probably more rampant already than if it were legalized.
True just like any other industry. However do you agree if this is a good way to make a living ?

So now its about whether or not its a good way to make money? You really are all over the board. I dont think digging ditches is a way to make money. Should that be illegal now?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Again, logic would dictate that you need more that "It will, I says so" as reasoning, if you are going to claim something as fact.

Well. I can ask you the same questions. Do you have the evidence that legalized prostitution works for a country like US ?

Yes I do. Look at the Netherlands, like has already been pointed out.

Ouch. Falling fast my friend. Pull up. Pull up.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Having lived in the Netherlands and Germany I can assure posters the people living there are as moral if not more so than i.e. the UK and US.
The working girls are tested for STD's regulary, it does away with pimps, and they pay tax.
The clientele in these countries are ,mainly from the tourist trade.

The criminalisation of women re propstitution (other than curb crawlers) is another male made law which needs either updating where both the seller and the buyer are treated equally in the courts, or legalise it.

Lets face it without customers (mainly men) their would be no sellers.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

So this is what you are going to resort to now? I mean, the insults have been amusing to a point but now you are just looking pathetic.
Do you admit you have no other argument here? You've already admitted you dont understand the term logic, so thats a start....

But you're right, looking at the subject subjectively certainly means that I must be a pimp, as you keep calling me

(by the way, insults are against the ATS TOC...I havent reported you yet but you might want to stop before someone does)

I have plenty to discuss but there is no point since obviously you have a fixed view point and so do I. You've alreazdy admitted that you have a uncivilized logic. Once again you are trying very hard to drive your point across which only means that you expect me to believe everything you say and accept your logic. But I chose not to

My apologies if the clarification seemed as insult to you. I was only comparing the ideology that is normally portrayed by certain types of management(pimp) in a certain profession (prostitution) of the modern economy.

I'm waiting for you to actually present an argument back by more that your opinion, thats all.

I am set in my opinion that arguments without any factual basis are pointless, you are right in that. And I am set in my belief that someone who would use a term like 'self proclaimed socrates' when nothing even remotely close has been said is a bit pathetic, so you are right there too.

Two in a row, well done!

again, I dont care if you accept my logic. The difference between you and I is that I am using logic. You have used none.

And please dont even try and back out of your multiple posts of insults. If you arent man enough to own them, dont throw them out there.

I dont agree with your opinion and you dont agree with mine. Lets just leave it at that.

You can justify all you want to prove your point and thats fine.

Its sad if you consider my comments as insults.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It will as sex is integral part of the culture and a big money maker (legal or illegal) on the internet and media (tv, movies, magazines etc) in general.

I mean, if prostitution became legal tomorrow it doesn't mean I'm going to rush right out for those services. Nor do I suspect you or anyone else would.

In fact, since prostitution is illegal - thereby creating a black market with huge profit incentives - it's probably more rampant already than if it were legalized.
True just like any other industry. However do you agree if this is a good way to make a living ?

It's great for some people and terrible for others. To me it's not about my opinion on whether it's respectable employment. It has to do with whether or not prostitution is an actual crime. As far as I can tell it's legitimate exchange of money and services with no victims. There is no reason to criminalize behavior that renders no victims.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Support Sex workers rights. The discrimination of these hard working people needs to end!

link   

So now its about whether or not its a good way to make money? You really are all over the board. I dont think digging ditches is a way to make money. Should that be illegal now?

Indeed. Digging ditches does not involve selling your body to make a living nor does it involve
answering questions to your children down the road who their real father if a real prostitute becomes pregnant due to her profession

link   

reply to post by hp1229

Two in a row, well done!

I dont agree with your opinion and you dont agree with mine. Lets just leave it at that.

I can agree to disagree. If we proceed any further it would just be like an argument over which religion is better.

not bad. i grant thee +1 INT

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I have a question, how many of the pro prostitution posters have sex with prostitutes?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I'm not asking you to agree with my opinion. Im asking you to speak on the facts, which you still havent. Every single time you are presented with a fact you turn to personal attacks or deflections.

As for being sad, well, the mod sure didnt think your comments were appropriate either....whats sad is being so brainwashed that you cant follow a logical path of thinking and have to resort to strawmen, namecalling and backhanded insults.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Yes I do. Look at the Netherlands, like has already been pointed out.

Ouch. Falling fast my friend. Pull up. Pull up.

Well good for you then.

Perhaps you should point this out and recommend to the economic advisors during the next election.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I have a question, how many of the pro prostitution posters have sex with prostitutes?

Never in my life. Still wouldnt EVER think that it is my right to tell another what they can or cant do with their body.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join