It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prostitution should be legalized

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We Can Cut Abortion Rates in HALF!

But the "morality" of the religious right stands in the way...

There's a way we could cut abortion rates in half in the United States, but the religious right is against it! Why? Because it requires us to be honest and open about sex with our children. It means we must be pragmatic and admit that teens have sex whether we tell them to or not.

A fascinating report by Advocates for Youth proves what many of us have known intuitively for a long time: America's religion-based "morality" doesn't work. In spite of the good intentions of Nancy Reagan and her followers, the "Just Say No" policy for sex education actually increases pregnancy, abortion, venereal disease and poverty.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e22997f8cc0.jpg[/atsimg]

link   
reply to post by hp1229

I knew religion was going to come up in your answer which is why I can't take that seriously.
I am not religious and don't want any religion telling me how to live by THEIR standards.

Besides hasn't religion been doing that for thousands of years already??

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by hp1229

How do you judge morality and by whose standards would they be judged by??
Morality should be judged based on truth, integrity and decensy of a human being. Standards can be adopted from all the religions around the world or civilizations which strive for almost same common goal and aspirations as a human being.

Sorry, I'm not religious, and I refuse to be governed by your religious morals. Try again.
Oh so your justification is very logical now ? You are contradicting here. You would rather preach your own logic but you will not accept others logic

link   

Originally posted by neowakko
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i noticed he edited that post. but why? he just added more statements that reflected his ignorance.

that's like going a second round to properly EXPRESS your ignorance elaborately? like the first round wasn't satisfying enough?

i dunno man. maybe we should just leave em to this thread.

That's what I was thinking.....havent seen a coherent argument against it yet....but it is fun to point out the flaws in people's logic though!

And who do you think you are to find flaws with others logic?
Are you god ? Do you think you know it all?

I think your logic is twisted and sick promoting prostitution. I just hope you're not a educated pimp

I'm not pointing out flaws in logic, Im pointing out the lack of logic altogether. I dont think I know it all, in fact, I know enough to know I dont know anything.

The bottom line, though, is that you all would have me abide by what YOUR idea of morals is, and you have no right to do so.

But reading the second line, you obviously dont know what logic means, so its all good. (I think you mean opinion
)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

I knew religion was going to come up in your answer which is why I can't take that seriously.
I am not religious and don't want any religion telling me how to live by THEIR standards.

Besides hasn't religion been doing that for thousands of years already??
This has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with a good samaritan and a human being (if we do consider ourselves special than the animals/mammals).

Even i'm not religious.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Morality should be judged based on truth, integrity and decensy of a human being. Standards can be adopted from all the religions around the world or civilizations which strive for almost same common goal and aspirations as a human being.

Sorry, I'm not religious, and I refuse to be governed by your religious morals. Try again.
Oh so your justification is very logical now ? You are contradicting here. You would rather preach your own logic but you will not accept others logic

Again, i think you missed the definition of logic. You are speaking of my opinion.

You also are missing the point here, which is that you CANNOT GOVERN MORALS. Therefore, they should not be part of the equation. THAT, and not my opinion, is the logic here.

I am not preaching anything (please, show me an example if that is truly what you claim). I am simply saying the argument of "it is immoral" is empty and pointless, because, like I have already said, morals are 100% subjective. No two sets are the same.

Catching up yet?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Though I'm sure it's already been said....

Prostitution should definitely be legal, but not because abortion is. In fact, that is an awful argument (as unique as it is).

Prostitution should be legal because there is no crime. It's legitimate commerce: an exchange of money for services and nobody is harmed in the process.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

i noticed he edited that post. but why? he just added more statements that reflected his ignorance.

that's like going a second round to properly EXPRESS your ignorance elaborately? like the first round wasn't satisfying enough?

That's what I was thinking.....havent seen a coherent argument against it yet....but it is fun to point out the flaws in people's logic though!

I think your logic is twisted and sick promoting prostitution. I just hope you're not a educated pimp

I'm not pointing out flaws in logic, Im pointing out the lack of logic altogether. I dont think I know it all, in fact, I know enough to know I dont know anything.

The bottom line, though, is that you all would have me abide by what YOUR idea of morals is, and you have no right to do so.

But reading the second line, you obviously dont know what logic means, so its all good. (I think you mean opinion
)
Well you dont have the right to do so either ...force your logic unto others.

If you're the expert then enlighten me Mr Self Proclaimed socrates that what exactly is logic ?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with a good samaritan and a human being (if we do consider ourselves special than the animals/mammals). Even i'm not religious.

All right. So tell me, what exactly is bad about paying for sex? Both the prostitute and the customer get what they want. Its a win-win situation. True morality embraces consentual prostitution as a good thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Again, i think you missed the definition of logic. You are speaking of my opinion.

You also are missing the point here, which is that you CANNOT GOVERN MORALS. Therefore, they should not be part of the equation. THAT, and not my opinion, is the logic here.

I am not preaching anything (please, show me an example if that is truly what you claim). I am simply saying the argument of "it is immoral" is empty and pointless, because, like I have already said, morals are 100% subjective. No two sets are the same.

Catching up yet?

I think you need to catch up with the civilization

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
What about in the Netherlands? Prostitution is legal there and is well regulated, to work as a prostitute you have to register to become one, they then receive a photographic pass and a registration number. They also have to be over 21 and are subjected to regular screenings and check ups so that they are not infected. Some say that there is a greater risk of catching an STD from a random girl at a bar (makes sense)

Prostitution in the Netherlands

Wow. I wasn't aware of that. They must be really doing poor economically and socially to make screwing legal. Talk about low morals.
Do these girls also have a embedded mileage meter

See and this just about sums it up. People who arguing who dont even know the facts.
The Netherlands are not " really doing poor economically and socially" in fact, they are far stronger than the US right now in both aspects.

Strong economically and socially but what about morally ?

Also compare them with other countries as well and not just US

How do you measure morality? By your view of what is moral or mine? That is seriously the weakest argument you can bring to the table here. Morals are absolutely subjective. No two sets are the same, and no one should EVER be expected to live by someone else's.

Go ahead an d do your research on the netherlands, and try and argue to me that they are economically or socially weak, compared to any nation. Please. I'd love it. I really would.

Ok. Forget economically and socially. What about Culturally? Why else would a government make it legal to screwing around for men unless the government itself and its culture has weak foundation in their system?

how can you sit here and argue something you know nothing about? You start out talking about economy and socially.

Got destroyed on that one.

So you went to morals.

Proven that that cannot have a place here.

So you jump to cultural.

Do yourself a favor and read on the subject a bit. This is getting painful.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Catching up yet?

Yeah, that is a pretty standard reply for someone who has been thoroughly destroyed in an argument and is realizing they are out of their league......

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by hp1229

This has nothing to do with religion. It has everything to do with a good samaritan and a human being (if we do consider ourselves special than the animals/mammals). Even i'm not religious.

All right. So tell me, what exactly is bad about paying for sex? Both the prostitute and the customer get what they want. Its a win-win situation. True morality embraces consentual prostitution as a good thing.

There are other means of boosting trade and economy and the GDP
Imagine US or any other country becoming another thailand where prostitution is rampant due to poor economic conditions.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

)
Well you dont have the right to do so either ...force your logic unto others.

If you're the expert then enlighten me Mr Self Proclaimed socrates that what exactly is logic ?

Still not sure about logic vs. opinion I see.

I am not forcing my LOGIC on anyone; I am discussion my OPINION on the subject and using LOGIC to back up said opinion.

Not that I expect you to understand....

Also, to be a "Self-procalimed' anything as you accuse me of being I would have to have proclaimed as such. Care to point out where I called myself Socrates, or anything, for that matter?

More lies from a beaten man.....
edit on 28-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

how is there not a moral reason.....What about STD's is that not a reason. What about the break up of current relationships just through paranoia of the fact that it would be so easy to cheat

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

Catching up yet?

Yeah, that is a pretty standard reply for someone who has been thoroughly destroyed in an argument and is realizing they are out of their league......

Wow. You type on ATS to win? hmmm. Besides it seems you have seen such response before. What leage would that be? A League of Cyber Pimp?

edit on 28-3-2011 by hp1229 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Imagine US or any other country becoming another thailand where prostitution is rampant due to poor economic conditions.

How do you make the jump from prostitution be legal to it being "rampant"?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

How do you make the jump from prostitution be legal to it being "rampant"?
Because I am not sure if it is legal in Thailand thus the use of the word 'rampant'. If it is legal in thailand then sure inject the word 'legal'.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

how is there not a moral reason.....What about STD's is that not a reason. What about the break up of current relationships just through paranoia of the fact that it would be so easy to cheat

STD's are not a moral issue. Actually, if prostitution were legalized there's a much better chance of preventing transmission of STDs. Also, despite being illegal, the current availability of prostitutes already provides the opportunity to cheat. I don't see how legalization would cause any increase.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join