It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prostitution should be legalized

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Harrassment and abuse is not tollerated in brothels dude. There are armed gorrillas there to beat the hell out of the abuser, drag them into a little room and wait for the police to take them away. Rules are set in stone before the transaction, you break the rules, a gorrilla breaks your arm.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Melissa Farley, PhD, Founding Director of the Prostitution Research and Education, in the Oct. 2004 journal Violence Against Women article "Bad for the Body, Bad for the Heart," wrote:
"Legal sex businesses provide locations where sexual harassment, sexual exploitation, and violence against women are perpetrated with impunity. State-sponsored prostitution endangers all women and children in that acts of sexual predation are normalized..."

LINK

Please explain how someone who pays for sex is the same as a sexual predator...

I dont believe and buy everything this individual has to quote but from the quotation, she indicates that 'acts of sexual predation are normalized" by which I can only speculate that 'sexual harassment' can be normalized since now its paid for and there will not be any phone calls or complaints for 'sexual harassment' going out from a brothel house to a local cop. Raping is also sexual predation. Once a person pays for it, how can a prostitute file complaint against a customer if he decides to lets say have 'anal sex' even while the prostitute refuses? The end verdict will be 'The customer paid for it". Then the question might arise if the 'anal sex' did take place or not at work place?
Once again the above is a speculative scenario based on the arguement. But where does one draw the line as far rules of 'prostitution' ?

I commend you for backing up your article. Thank you for that.

Speculation is tough with this subject, as much of what we have to go on IS speculation. But from the models we do have to study (nevada, the Netherlands etc) it becomes clear that regulation is the key.

A prostitute is in total control in the regulated environment. There are rules. Jinglelord would be a great one to ask about that, i think. He gave a great description of what the regulated brothels are like.

If at ANY point the girl does not feel safe in a regulated environment, she has the option to walk away. They also have security guards and monitoring equipment. If a girl says no, at any point, the person must stop.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

(1)Do you like the Government and the Law? (2) But you continue to live under the system right? (3)What happened to your individual liberty and rights? (4)By your definition, anyone can live any which way they chose since they have Individual Rights. (5) If a person walks buck naked on the streets, it should not be offensive then correct?(6) If a person screws around openly on the streets in front of a school it should not be a crime or nobody should tell them what to do or control as its the Individual Rights?

Hi how are you? If you will notice I have added numbers to your post so that I may answer your questions in order, I hope you don't mind.

(1) No. I love my country, but I despise the fact that our government has become a corporation.
(2) No. I am a sovereign Individual. I followed the steps to remove myself from Statute Law(Maritime Law) and I only follow Constitutional Law(Law of the Land)
(3) I gained them back. I am now a Human being not a business.
(4) That is correct. By the Constitution we have the right to do as we please as long as we do not hurt others or their property. This includes animals. It is about being respectful and taking responsibility for you own actions.
(5)No. Yes we have the right to, but it violates other peoples right to not have to see it. Nudity (although shunned as a sexual thing, it is not, it is a natural thing) should be done out of the public sight out of Respect for your fellow man.
(6)See #5. Disrespect is a violation of others rights.

I hope I have addressed your question to your satisfaction. If not ask me to clarify.

Agarta

I dont mind a bit. Its all part of the discussion.

I think your # 6 pretty much sums it up for this particular thread too
Disrespecting the society is a violation of social laws
Do you agree that law does not contain all the rules and regulations that a couple follows to have a happy marriage ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by hp1229

Harrassment and abuse is not tollerated in brothels dude. There are armed gorrillas there to beat the hell out of the abuser, drag them into a little room and wait for the police to take them away. Rules are set in stone before the transaction, you break the rules, a gorrilla breaks your arm.
I wouldnt know the state of a brothel house (legal or illegal).
But what if the individual files a law suit after the event or if they're thrown out or beaten up by a goomba? Will there be seperate laws and lawyers and studies that will be introduced to handle the volume of law suits and/or complaints?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

That article, i believe, is trying to say that harassment of ALL women, everywhere will go up if prostitution is legalized, not just harassment of the prostitutes.

dont buy it, but it is a point i hadnt thought about.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

It will be handles the same way any other issue that arises that has to do with a security guard in a private business is handled I suppose. They are thrown out and barred, their name passed around to other brothels etc, for harrassment. If there is actual assault they are held there until the police come and arrest them. Kind of hard to sue a place when they got videotape of you assaulting someone...

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Something I have noticed is that the people who are against it are placing examples on a free for all situation as it is now. The problem is, if legalized, it will be structured, safe, and set to free will of the seller/provider. No you can not just walk up to anyone and expect them to take the money for sex. This is like saying you could walk up to anyone and expect them to go out with you, even to expect them to eat meat, or drink alcohol. It is the buyers expectations that you are playing with and in a legalized situation in this country it is the services provider that states what that service will be before hand. Anything else would be a violation of the rights of the provider and thus be illegal and a violation of the Law by the purchaser.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

It will be handles the same way any other issue that arises that has to do with a security guard in a private business is handled I suppose. They are thrown out and barred, their name passed around to other brothels etc, for harrassment. If there is actual assault they are held there until the police come and arrest them. Kind of hard to sue a place when they got videotape of you assaulting someone...

And as far as the bouncers putting their hands on anyone, it would be just the same as a night club or bar. Bouncers have some leeway when it comes to their right to rough someone up, so long as it is justified.

Not to mention it would be very hard to win a case against the bouncers, or anyone working at the brothel for that matter, as all the witnesses (if there are any) would be employees or patrons of said establishment.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Melissa Farley, PhD, Founding Director of the Prostitution Research and Education, in the Oct. 2004 journal Violence Against Women article "Bad for the Body, Bad for the Heart," wrote:
"Legal sex businesses provide locations where sexual harassment, sexual exploitation, and violence against women are perpetrated with impunity. State-sponsored prostitution endangers all women and children in that acts of sexual predation are normalized..."

LINK

Please explain how someone who pays for sex is the same as a sexual predator...

I dont believe and buy everything this individual has to quote but from the quotation, she indicates that 'acts of sexual predation are normalized" by which I can only speculate that 'sexual harassment' can be normalized since now its paid for and there will not be any phone calls or complaints for 'sexual harassment' going out from a brothel house to a local cop. Raping is also sexual predation. Once a person pays for it, how can a prostitute file complaint against a customer if he decides to lets say have 'anal sex' even while the prostitute refuses? The end verdict will be 'The customer paid for it". Then the question might arise if the 'anal sex' did take place or not at work place?
Once again the above is a speculative scenario based on the arguement. But where does one draw the line as far rules of 'prostitution' ?

I commend you for backing up your article. Thank you for that.

Speculation is tough with this subject, as much of what we have to go on IS speculation. But from the models we do have to study (nevada, the Netherlands etc) it becomes clear that regulation is the key.

A prostitute is in total control in the regulated environment. There are rules. Jinglelord would be a great one to ask about that, i think. He gave a great description of what the regulated brothels are like.

If at ANY point the girl does not feel safe in a regulated environment, she has the option to walk away. They also have security guards and monitoring equipment. If a girl says no, at any point, the person must stop.

Well I can backup tonnes of statements from the net. But how does one get a warm fuzzy about "Just another article' from the web? I mean everything is based on analysis and speculation before a major law is passed in any country. Especially after the big fiasco with 'Global Warming' and the cooked up studies, where is the integrity and trust in the Academia and Research institutes which for the most part (atleast it seems) are funded by their masters?

The only thing I can truely believe that since it is a sensitive subject and issue and majority of the societies around the world has not made it legal, i'm sure they must be doing something right. If this profession existed since the known history then why is it not part of the mainstream professions around the world ?
This is where I say that many socities have gone through the pros and cons of prostitution as a profession and it still remains illegal in most parts of the world.
edit on 29-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content and layout

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well I can backup tonnes of statements from the net. But how does one get a warm fuzzy about "Just another article' from the web? I mean everything is based on analysis and speculation before a major law is passed in any country. The only thing I can truely believe that since it is a sensitive subject and issue and majority of the societies around the world has not made it legal, i'm sure they must be doing something right. If this profession existed since the known history then why is it not part of the mainstream professions around the world ?
This is where I say that many socities have gone through the pros and cons of prostitution as a profession and it still remains illegal in most parts of the world.

My only point was you actually backed up something for once, thats it and thats all. No warm fuzzies.

Around the world it is quite legal in many, if not the majority of places. It is a mainstream profession in MANY places, which I have pointed out multiple times.

America is the country that has issues with sex. Not the rest of the world.

chartsbin.com...
www.sexwork.com...
edit on 29-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: to add links for data

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Something I have noticed is that the people who are against it are placing examples on a free for all situation as it is now. The problem is, if legalized, it will be structured, safe, and set to free will of the seller/provider. No you can not just walk up to anyone and expect them to take the money for sex. This is like saying you could walk up to anyone and expect them to go out with you, even to expect them to eat meat, or drink alcohol. It is the buyers expectations that you are playing with and in a legalized situation in this country it is the services provider that states what that service will be before hand. Anything else would be a violation of the rights of the provider and thus be illegal and a violation of the Law by the purchaser.

I agree but how can one prove that indeed the client violated the prostitute? We have seen this one too many times that despite all the laws written and displayed at many businesses, there are still countless lawsuits filed up the wazoo.

Would recording of the act be involved? visually by a bouncer or digital cameras ?

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I am pretty sure the nevada ones have security cameras. I could be wrong though.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I agree but how can one prove that indeed the client violated the prostitute? We have seen this one too many times that despite all the laws written and displayed at many businesses, there are still countless lawsuits filed up the wazoo.

Would recording of the act be involved? visually by a bouncer or digital cameras ?

People sue mcdonalds over hot coffee. It will happen, in this area just like every other in this country.

If 'someone might sue' was a valid legal argument then cars, guns, caffeine and anything else in the world that could possible lead to a suit would be outlawed.

The thing is, in a regulated state, the prostitute has ALL of the rights in the situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

With Individual rights a person has the right to do as they wish BUT They must take responsibility for their actions. To state as you have about the sanctity of marriage is limiting IMO. Yes it is a disrespect to the spouse if sexual openness is not agreed upon from the beginning BUT you can not blame the tool for the users choices. The user must be held accountable for their choices not the tool for doing what a tool does. To argue that it should be illegal because married persons sometimes make bad decisions is limiting at best. Lets say, driving should be illegal because the car can kill someone. This does not make sense because it is the driver of the car that is in control or not it has nothing to do with the car.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well I can backup tonnes of statements from the net. But how does one get a warm fuzzy about "Just another article' from the web? I mean everything is based on analysis and speculation before a major law is passed in any country. The only thing I can truely believe that since it is a sensitive subject and issue and majority of the societies around the world has not made it legal, i'm sure they must be doing something right. If this profession existed since the known history then why is it not part of the mainstream professions around the world ?

My only point was you actually backed up something for once, thats it and thats all. No warm fuzzies.

Around the world it is quite legal in many, if not the majority of places. It is a mainstream profession in MANY places, which I have pointed out multiple times.

America is the country that has issues with sex. Not the rest of the world.

chartsbin.com...
www.sexwork.com...
edit on 29-3-2011 by captaintyinknots because: to add links for data

Well i have actually seen the poverty in several countries overseas and the pressure for survival that drives the decisions in the humans. As much as I would like to believe everything I read online, i dont. Thats why I do not wish to copy paste or plagiarize what someone believes and do not post links upto certain extent or backup the statements.

I do not agree that the issues with sex is just with America.
LINK

edit on 29-3-2011 by hp1229 because: typo/edit content

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

With Individual rights a person has the right to do as they wish BUT They must take responsibility for their actions. To state as you have about the sanctity of marriage is limiting IMO. Yes it is a disrespect to the spouse if sexual openness is not agreed upon from the beginning BUT you can not blame the tool for the users choices. The user must be held accountable for their choices not the tool for doing what a tool does. To argue that it should be illegal because married persons sometimes make bad decisions is limiting at best. Lets say, driving should be illegal because the car can kill someone. This does not make sense because it is the driver of the car that is in control or not it has nothing to do with the car.

Agree.
I am not against selling cars that can kill. I am against the single option that it comes with

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by Jinglelord

So you show your true colours you pay for prostitutes because you can't get a women without having to pay them to be your sex slave

Jealous?

If you want I can hook you up.

It is this kind of feeble attack that shames people into not mentioning it and leading people to believe it happens less than it really does.

I'm going to say it has nothing to do with a person's ability "get a woman" (and that doesn't sound misogynistic how?). It is a simply a different experience among consenting adults and has nothing to do with slavery.

Look at all the men who are rich powerful and famous who have been associated with prostitutes as an example of why it has nothing to do with "Being able".

Either way you are troll and I'm not going to respond to anything else you say.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

I am pretty sure the nevada ones have security cameras. I could be wrong though.

Who knows and who cares but this was in the news recently.

NEVADA_IN_NEWS

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Its quitting time.

Time to go home and be with the wifey and kids.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join