It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

prostitution should be legalized

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
reply to post by TheAmused

I see only two problems with this. More divorces and More STDS. But I guess that would be the "customers" problem.
Thats not a good thing to say and its bad ethics

If all the customers disappear one by one due to 'their problem' then the Hooking Industry will Burst and Collapse

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by sepermeru

Because your fake as Latoya Jackson's nose. I can't stand BSers. That's precisely what you are. You can't answer my question because your full of your own hypocrisy. I wouldn't care whether you worked in a sex shop or wherever. That is none of my business. Its your life and your ethics! But what your doing is deliberately trying to run around my question because you know you can't answer if you'd prostitute yourself. What a major fake you are.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yet more insults. Can you debate the topic? Resorting to insults is a sign of a diminished IQ.

Your question was answered, and it proved you foolish.

You obviously do care if someone works in the sex industry. It is the reason you are here, posting this drivel. It is the reason you feel the need to call names and insult those who oppose you.

Talk about fake....

and you may want to learn the difference between "your" and "you're" if you are going to continue to insult people's intelligence....just saying.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Here we go again. Conquering what is natural is the problem with human race. How many animals or creatures that you know practice 'abortion' ? Only Humans. We tend to run away from an issue rather than face the consequences or life in general with a determination. When the going gets tough, the tough gets abortion.

I didn't say anything about being natural or animals and creatures or abortion.... If you are going to address me, please address what I actually said and I'd be happy to respond.

"Here we go again"?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I understand that some of you disagree with the views of the advocates.

Being a discussion thread, it would be nice if we could further explore the topic in a discussion instead of turning it into personal attacks on each other.

....even if its fun.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
What about in the Netherlands? Prostitution is legal there and is well regulated, to work as a prostitute you have to register to become one, they then receive a photographic pass and a registration number. They also have to be over 21 and are subjected to regular screenings and check ups so that they are not infected. Some say that there is a greater risk of catching an STD from a random girl at a bar (makes sense)

Prostitution in the Netherlands

Wow. I wasn't aware of that. They must be really doing poor economically and socially to make screwing legal. Talk about low morals.

Do these girls also have a embedded mileage meter once they receive their registration and pass
Do they also offer 'buy one get one free' coupons or specials if they're legal ? Do they have a mileage limit per year that they're allowed to acrue similar to the leasing agreement of a vehicle in the US
When do they legally retire or the pass or registration cannot be issued :lol Is it when the assets start to wear and tear and drag and droop?
Simply wow...

This is sick. What is the world coming to. A good marriage with good sex life and a happy family is what I had envisioned as a kid and that is precisely what I have in life. Prostitution to me seems that it shows the society's advancement in thinking and cultural values.
edit on 28-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 28-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

What about in the Netherlands? Prostitution is legal there and is well regulated, to work as a prostitute you have to register to become one, they then receive a photographic pass and a registration number. They also have to be over 21 and are subjected to regular screenings and check ups so that they are not infected. Some say that there is a greater risk of catching an STD from a random girl at a bar (makes sense)

Wow. I wasn't aware of that. They must be really doing poor economically and socially to make screwing legal. Talk about low morals.

Do these girls also have a embedded mileage meter

See and this just about sums it up. People who arguing who dont even know the facts.

The Netherlands are not " really doing poor economically and socially" in fact, they are far stronger than the US right now in both aspects.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

i noticed he edited that post. but why? he just added more statements that reflected his ignorance.

that's like going a second round to properly EXPRESS your ignorance elaborately? like the first round wasn't satisfying enough?

i dunno man. maybe we should just leave em to this thread.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by neowakko

i noticed he edited that post. but why? he just added more statements that reflected his ignorance.

that's like going a second round to properly EXPRESS your ignorance elaborately? like the first round wasn't satisfying enough?

That's what I was thinking.....havent seen a coherent argument against it yet....but it is fun to point out the flaws in people's logic though!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

See and this just about sums it up. People who arguing who dont even know the facts.
The Netherlands are not " really doing poor economically and socially" in fact, they are far stronger than the US right now in both aspects.

Strong economically and socially but what about morally ?

Also compare them with other countries as well and not just US

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Right, that's what I thought. You're accusing others of not arguing in good faith out of projection, because you are not arguing in good faith yourself. There's no point in continuing to engage someone who repeatedly demands an answer to a question he then decries as irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

How do you judge morality and by whose standards would they be judged by??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

i dunno man. maybe we should j
ust leave em to this thread.

I can edit as many times as I wish
Is there a law or rule?

Besides i think you're in malaysia based on your profile? or are you malaysian? That would explain your comments a lot

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I fully agree with the OP. Government should not interfere with what two consenting adults do in bed. Criminalization of prostitution is an absurdity in the 21st century, it is one of those laws vestigial from the times when blacks were subhuman and adultery or gays were punished. Seriously, I was surprised that it is still criminalized in so-called developed world.

To those talking about health effects of prostitution - adverse effects would probably decrease if legalized, the gov could even issue licences and perform STD checks etc. If you support a ban on prostitution for this, you should also support a ban on smoking, drinking, fat foods, guns, adultery, physical inactivity etc. These cause much more deaths and suffering than prostitution.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by hp1229

Morality should be judged based on truth, integrity and decensy of a human being. Standards can be adopted from all the religions around the world or civilizations which strive for almost same common goal and aspirations as a human being.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Strong economically and socially but what about morally ? Also compare them with other countries as well and not just US

They do not punish victimless crimes as much as the US, so indeed, they seem stronger morally, too.

edit on 28/3/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How do you measure morality? By your view of what is moral or mine? That is seriously the weakest argument you can bring to the table here. Morals are absolutely subjective. No two sets are the same, and no one should EVER be expected to live by someone else's.

Go ahead an d do your research on the netherlands, and try and argue to me that they are economically or socially weak, compared to any nation. Please. I'd love it. I really would.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That's what I was thinking.....havent seen a coherent argument against it yet....but it is fun to point out the flaws in people's logic though!

And who do you think you are to find flaws with others logic?
Are you god ? Do you think you know it all?

I think your logic is twisted and sick promoting prostitution. I just hope you're not a educated pimp

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by hp1229

Morality should be judged based on truth, integrity and decensy of a human being. Standards can be adopted from all the religions around the world or civilizations which strive for almost same common goal and aspirations as a human being.

Sorry, I'm not religious, and I refuse to be governed by your religious morals. Try again.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

How do you measure morality? By your view of what is moral or mine? That is seriously the weakest argument you can bring to the table here. Morals are absolutely subjective. No two sets are the same, and no one should EVER be expected to live by someone else's.

Go ahead an d do your research on the netherlands, and try and argue to me that they are economically or socially weak, compared to any nation. Please. I'd love it. I really would.

Ok. Forget economically and socially. What about Culturally? Why else would a government make it legal to screwing around for men unless the government itself and its culture has weak foundation in their system?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Am-Ster-Dammmmmmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join