page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

Originally posted by ag893
Reply to post by unityemissions

Very true. One has to wonder if these advocates for prostitution would prostitute themselves as a demostration on how beneficial it would be to our society. Or why not their own children? Of legal age that is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

These advocates for prostitution are, as you know, standing right here, so you can just ask us directly. However, I have to say your tone is making me smile. It's clear you find the very idea so incredibly bizarre and outrageous that you just can't imagine anyone making the argument for legalization could possibly ever truly think, deep inside, that there's nothing wrong with people using their bodies to make money whether they're having sex or mixing concrete.

I don't really know how to communicate with you if you are going to refuse to believe anyone with my views could possibly be arguing in good faith. All I can say is that, amazing as you may find it, I do not find the idea of my kid growing up to be a sex worker any more upsetting than the idea of her growing up to enter ANY profession where workers are not adequately protected. I do think there are problems with the reality of prostitution -- I just don't think they're different from the problems with the reality of being a coal miner. Which, by the way, is also quite destructive to families, since sudden catastrophic death and injury tend to be a bit disruptive and expensive.

Coal Mining doesn't take your soul.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Reply to post by captaintyinknots

Actually moron, here in Texas, legal rules state tht you don't have emancipation from your parents even if your over 18 until you are financially independent. And this is the case for many other states as well. So my question again is would you prostitute your children? And other question you never answered is whether you would prostitute yourself? Me thinks someone is caught up in their own web of hypocrisy. Liberal idiots.

This is quite obviously a rhetorical trap. If someone says they would or have engaged in sex work, you would then claim their opinion is automatically invalided by their obvious immorality/bias.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NerdGoddess
Im not to thrilled about the person calling names such as "retarded bastards"
Lets not degrade others, you can state your opinion on the legalization of prostitution without being completley rude and disrespectful.

I agree with the fact It could "weaken humans" but thats about it.

Dont you know??

If you have MORALS its ok to degrade and insult others.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think abortion should be legalized and regulated. Not because it's being done anyway, but because a woman's body is HERS and the government shouldn't be able to tell her what to do with it.

You can't legislate morality. It's clear. Even though prostitution, recreational drug use and other behaviors are illegal, they still happen. Make these victimless crimes illegal and you have prohibition, and the people still find a way to participate.

Morals are for people to use to live their own lives, not to force on everyone else.

Legalize prostitution and other victimless crimes!!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

What is a soul, where is located, how do I measure it, how do I know when it's been taken, and what is it about sex that takes it?

You know, even if I agree with you that there's a soul to be taken by work, the idea that coal mining doesn't take it just shows ignorance about the lives of miners. But again, what is it about prostitution that means it must inherently be an unsafe profession? Clearly, much of the time it is now, and as I've said, I'm not disputing that there are serious practical problems with how it is done at the moment. But are you really incapable of imagining it otherwise?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey advocates.......can't get none, hunh?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Reply to post by sepermeru

How the hell would you know what I would say if you never answered the question? I know what it is though. Your caught up in your own hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

I would think it's people who are terrified of sex and think of it as something inherently filthy and soul-destroying who are most likely to be not getting any.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
edit on 28-3-2011 by Analyze76 because: Self police

link   
reply to post by ag893

Okay, so now I tell you that I have been a sex worker, have known sex workers, and would have no problem with my kid growing up to be one if it was in safe, fair conditions. And you say what exactly? That I'm lying? There's no way you say 'Oh, I was wrong, you're not a hypocrite'. Or can you be that honest and brave? Am I psychic for somehow just magically knowing that there's no way you will accept that anyone could answer your question in a way other than the one you insist must be true?

link   

Originally posted by Fifaboy
reply to post by TheAmused

Agreed..I wonder how the government would tax them..haha..

Pay per bang? Pay per blow? with itemized deductions for cob webs during recession and unemployment ?

It is amazing but I had heard that they just might do that in Las Vegas where it is a big industry. Taxing Prostitutes that is.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Reply to post by captaintyinknots

Actually moron, here in Texas, legal rules state tht you don't have emancipation from your parents even if your over 18 until you are financially independent. And this is the case for many other states as well. So my question again is would you prostitute your children? And other question you never answered is whether you would prostitute yourself? Me thinks someone is caught up in their own web of hypocrisy. Liberal idiots.

I am seriously loving all this name calling.

Just because I would not choose to be a prostitute does not prove in any way that I, or you, or anyone else has the right to tell another they cannot do this, if it is their choice.

At 18 years old a child is no longer a minor. Period. Meaning the whole argument of 'prostituting you of age child' is moot, pointless, and empty. And that you think it is a parents job to FORCE their child into anything is a sad statement in itself.

And for the record, I'm not a liberal. Idiot.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
reply to post by sepermeru

Lets take a look at your cache. Stay tuned

You didn't seriously just try to score a point on someone saying they have no problem with sex by pretending that they would be shamed if it was demonstrated that they have no problem with sex...did you?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Analyze76
Hey advocates.......can't get none, hunh?

Not the case at all.
I'm married for 20 years to a very sexy man and I have NEVER in my life wanted for a sex partner. NEVER.
I stated my reason for wanting prostitution to be legal. It's none of the government's business what a person does with their own body. That's it.
edit on 3/28/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

How the hell would you know what I would say if you never answered the question? I know what it is though. Your caught up in your own hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? Like claiming morals on one hand and being derogatory and insulting on the other?

Pot? Kettle?

Then again, looking at your sentence structure, grammar and choice of words, its quite obvious you are young, so it can be forgiven.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think abortion should be legalized and regulated. Not because it's being done anyway, but because a woman's body is HERS and the government shouldn't be able to tell her what to do with it.

You can't legislate morality. It's clear. Even though prostitution, recreational drug use and other behaviors are illegal, they still happen. Make these victimless crimes illegal and you have prohibition, and the people still find a way to participate.

Morals are for people to use to live their own lives, not to force on everyone else.

Legalize prostitution and other victimless crimes!!

Here we go again. Conquering what is natural is the problem with human race. How many animals or creatures that you know practice 'abortion' ? Only Humans. We tend to run away from an issue rather than face the consequences or life in general with a determination. When the going gets tough, the tough gets abortion.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I tried to maintain civility in here as how most of you have as well.
But there are some that resort to throwing immature name calling and kicking dirt in the sandbox.

It was a good discussion for awhile. Now the topic is about egos eh?

No, we do not with to whore out our children. But if we were not around and it happens, we hope that there are those of you out there who would take care of them instead of turning a blind eye.

Is that too hard to understand? Do you need to experience this first hand to see it?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ag893

I'd prostitue myself.
Got 200 bucks??
P.S.I am a dude so no dudes.
Happy now??

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Because your fake as Latoya Jackson's nose. I can't stand BSers. That's precisely what you are. You can't answer my question because your full of your own hypocrisy. I wouldn't care whether you worked in a sex shop or wherever. That is none of my business. Its your life and your ethics! But what your doing is deliberately trying to run around my question because you know you can't answer if you'd prostitute yourself. What a major fake you are.

I believe that was uncalled for in a discussion thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join