It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois sheriff under fire for inapproprite comment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

An Illinois gay and lesbian advocacy group called for the resignation of Schuyler County Sheriff Don Scheiferdecker Saturday after he jokingly commented on the picture of a co-worker on Facebook, calling him a "little fag Jew boy."

The Jacksonville Journal-Courier reported that the sheriff was new to Facebook and did not know the comment could be seen by others. By Saturday, his Facebook profile had been deleted.

Schieferdecker commented on a co-worker's picture of a young boy with his mouth open. The original poster wrote, "Look, I found a fag" to which Schieferdecker responded, "Yup and his mouth is open, his glasses are off, he's ready, little fag Jew boy."

uh oh! What kind of name is Scheiferdecker? Political Correctness has gone to far but this is slander and mean spirited, besides being homophobic and antisemitic. Perhaps a job being paid by the taxpayers, to "serve and protect" isn't the proper place for an elected official like Scheiferdecker.

And the Sheriff didn't know his comments would be read on Facebook??? huh?
edit on 28-3-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Mar 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: to remove inappropriate phrase

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow! I bet someone wishes they had a do over.
Maybe he forgot about the whole press enter to comment thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
www.rawstory.com...

the sheriff was new to Facebook and did not know the comment could be seen by others.

What an idiot.

They actually let this guy carry a gun?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I have absolutely no interest in FaceBook, but when it can serve as a tool to let the morons shine a light on their own stupidity, then that's awesome.

This is the biggest reason I'm personally against all forms of political correctness and censorship. Why make it easier for the truly dense, malicious, and venal to hide?

You know that oft used expression, "Tell us how you really feel".

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

join