It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cobra on the loose at Bronx Zoo hasn't been found; staffers wait for deadly snake to stop hiding

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Animals escape frequently from zoo's. The really scary thing is that being a snake and also poisonous there are plenty of hiding places for it to go. It doesn't exactly surprise me that is happened. But hopefully they spot the snake sun bathing out in the open and not hiding in a T-shirt souvenir stand.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
as a hepetologist snakes are escape artists. how the zoo allowed it to escape i have no idea.
someone f'ed up is all i can think of.
and not to be a jerk- but to educate people-snakes are not poisonous-they are venomous
and i'm sure the zoo has serum there- how much i don't know-but i'm sure they have some
edit on 28-3-2011 by bigfoot1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They haven't found the cobra yet? I heard the reptile house was closed but the rest of the zoo open. I would think if he/she is in the reptile house he/she would have been spotted by now. I can't believe the rest of the zoo is open - wonder how business is doing?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
the last i heard was yes the reptile house was closed.
but they aren't entirely sure if the snake is in there.
the only good thing is that we are having a bad winter and a tropical reptile wouldn't last long

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

You would be surprised, snakes adapt pretty well. You wouldn't catch me going there until they show me a cobra corpse

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

yes i knowt hey can adapt.we had an explosives truck explode here in 1964? in front of the snake and animal farm and all kind of venemous snakes escaped. very few were ever recovered.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
From what i've seen and what ive heard about the Bronx,
a snake is the least of their worries

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by meathed

lmfao! living within an hour of the bronx and having been there yes it is surely the least of their problems

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I just saw on cnn.com that they just found the cobra alive and well inside the reptile house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join