It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look the other way!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Why does everyone look in the wrong direction when searching in space, they always say we are looking at the beginning of the universe, all youve got to do is point your instruments in the opposite direction and you might see/hear signs of advanced intelligent life.
dont know if this is the case or not , but it was just a thought I had!!

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
You will find that NASA and the ESA are looking at the most probable Places ather than the end of the universe....

You must remember that there are several hundred projects that are running about different things, but they are looking within are galaxy for life.

They have commissioned a new IR scope (will be placed on top of mountain) that look deep in to our universe, as IR Filtersview out the strobe effect often seen from other celestial bodies, and it able to view further out than most other types of Telepscopes.

The missions to cassini and to mars where also looking for Life, people are now also looking to other moons that orbit within our solar system for life.

Once the conditions are set and we can all agree on the prerequiset for life then we can much better determine where life can be found.

I believe they think that a planet in the andromeda area is most likley as this is one of the first places the NEW IR scope is going to look at.

Boon_DOG

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hi boon dog, thanks for the reply, my point was ,we are always told that they have found more about things in space that are of so many millions of years old, this means they look back in time, but we never hear of them looking forward(looking the other way-opposite of the things millions of years old) . dont know if I explained this properly again though.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hey Paul.

I think thre are several things in your statement i am reading into, here are my immeadiate thoughts with very little research thrown in...

There are several things that have happend over the years that has raised concerns about ET....and its existance...

One the most important things that still to this day remains unaswered is the WOW signal. this occured during the late 70's where a team of scientists using a large radio telescope; picked up something which is beleived to be non terrestrial in its origin.... it was named the WOW signal due to the comment made at the time... it has never been experianced since. (that we know about)

There was also the famous roswell and rendlesham forrest incidents to name but a few; that are still to this day unexplained despite several theories being banged about........The photos taken from the shuttle crew also purpetute this alien theory....

Until all information is no longer diluted and declassifed and total freedom of information is achieved then we can never really know... although i am sure something somewhere on someones desk is the answer to this.

in terms of looking forward "in time" because time is relative to now, there is not yet a way we can look in to the future, this due to the light and other sources taking time to travel to us.... even at light speed the time taken to travel is still time lost(so to speak).

Does this make sense at all?

Regards

Boon dog

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by paul762hi boon dog, thanks for the reply, my point was ,we are always told that they have found more about things in space that are of so many millions of years old, this means they look back in time, but we never hear of them looking forward(looking the other way-opposite of the things millions of years old) . dont know if I explained this properly again though.

We can look at the past, because light takes a certain time to travel the distance to us. We see light that was emitted thousands of years ago. But you can't reverse this. Light has to be emitted before it can be seen. There is no opposite direction.

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
well thanks both for clearing that up for me, another thought I have had is why is every planet and star round in shape? also what holds them where they are, I assume a stars gravity holds the planets but whos gravity holds the star? also do you think that if a rocket/spacecraft was sent straight upwards into space would it reach a ceiling?
just a few thoughts, I find these things very interesting.
thanks again guys.

E_T

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul762
another thought I have had is why is every planet and star round in shape?

Gravity.
Smaller asteroids whose gravity is weak are clearly unsymmetric.
And stars are hold in their "places" by combined gravity of stars of milky way.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I beleive that if a rocket was sent up into space in a dead straight line..(taking away the effects of gravitaional pull and spacial distortions) the rocket would just keep going....

Space is described as the being similer to the surface of a baloon, if you were to draw a straight line..it would just keep going...on and on and on and on.

This concept also bring's in time travel and space long distance travelling.
if you take an inflated baloon and join to opposite sides together they would join in the middle of the Ballon (roughly speaking this would be a worm whole.) and taking this route through the middle would be quicker than taking the normal route.(straight line).

Hence worm whole theories and time travel.

Regards

BoonDog

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I beleive that if a rocket was sent up into space in a dead straight line..(taking away the effects of gravitaional pull and spacial distortions) the rocket would just keep going....

Space is described as the being similer to the surface of a baloon, if you were to draw a straight line..it would just keep going...on and on and on and on.

This concept also bring's in time travel and space long distance travelling.
if you take an inflated baloon and join to opposite sides together they would join in the middle of the Ballon (roughly speaking this would be a worm whole.) and taking this route through the middle would be quicker than taking the normal route.(straight line).

Hence worm whole theories and time travel.

Regards

BoonDog

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow was not the only signal, others have been detected however every single time we put our scopes back on the spot we only hear silence.

posted on Jul, 24 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Other signals detected? Really?

I thought wow was the only one confirmed to be strong enough to be non terrestrial and alien in origin (when i say alien i mean not from this system)

What are these other signals, i would be genuinely interested on any info you have on this!

Please do not tell me teh static on your tele tale...cos i know that one...thanks.

Regards

BoonDog (UK)

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have thought about the rocket being sent up and just going round and round but surely something must be holding space where it is I mean space must also have come from somewhere, a bit deep I know! sorry guys.

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul762
I mean space must also have come from somewhere, a bit deep I know! sorry guys.

Space must have come from somewhere is the only reason i believe in any kind of supreme being.... ok there's the big bang theories and stuff, but even that started with gases and suchlike.... where did they come from??

They ultimate question for those researching the history of the universe.... i think there are only theories......

posted on Jul, 25 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boon_Dog

...What are these other signals, i would be genuinely interested on any info you have on this!...

Hi BD!!

A good place to start might be the SETI@homeBest signal candidates page and work from there - and you can join the search, of course, if you haven't already!! U2U me if you'd like more information!!

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
hi xenometric, could it be that there are billions of stars in our galaxy, billions of galaxies in space, and possibly billions of spaces in something completely different that we havent found yet, everything just seems too perfect for my liking, gravity, earths axis etc. could everything really have evolved from a single cell, and if so where did that cell come from. wish we could find some of these answers.

new topics

top topics

join