It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Rainwater recorded In Boston Mass. From Japan's Fallout!! 3/28/11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

'Drinking water supply ... is unaffected by this short-term, slight elevation in radiation,' official says

As the quote above states "this short-term" does not pose a threat..........But as this situation continues we all know this "short term" will become "long term".........

Don't forget that "our" US experts first said that "NO" radiation was even possible in making it to US soils.......Then they tell us its only trace amounts.......Now these trace amounts are as far inland as Mass. being detected in the rain............

Next they will be saying the "long term" affects will be minimal........

BOSTON — Trace amounts of radioactive iodine linked to Japan's crippled nuclear power station have turned up in rainwater samples as far away as Massachusetts during the past week, state officials said Sunday.

The low level of radioiodine-131 detected in precipitation at a sample location in Massachusetts is comparable to findings in California, Washington state and Pennsylvania and poses no threat to drinking supplies, public health officials said.

Air samples from the same location in Massachusetts have shown no detectable radiation.

The samples are being collected from more than 100 sites around the country that are part of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Radiation Network monitoring system.

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 28-3-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

UPDATE**

Evidently several states were testing rain samples for radiation and the results were similar to that of Mass. Where are these reports????

State officials said similar testing was done in California, Pennsylvania, Washington and other states, and showed comparable levels of I-131 in rain.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
radiation alert !!!!!?

www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NakNok
radiation alert !!!!!?

Holy... I wonder if people in Memphis have any idea they should be staying inside or evacuating?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Well..... I predicted here

I wonder how long untill the first Radioactive storms form?? With acid rain and such, also Im wonder how the MSM is going to play that one down....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NakNok

Can someone post a screenshot of www.radiationnetwork.com...???

I have yet to figure it out.......

link   

Originally posted by NakNok
radiation alert !!!!!?

I wonder if this is a mistake or for real. I checked another radiation tracking site and they don't show anything out of the ordinary.

link   
Update: 3/28/11, 6:05 A.M. Something triggered a Radiation Alert this morning at a Monitoring Station in northern Alabama. We are trying to track down the reason behind it.

Source: www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Am I recalling this incorrectly or was there not a statement last week that said that the radiation from Japan would decay over the ocean before it ever reached the west coast? I remember there were many who were downplaying the radiation and calling those concerned alarmists. Now we are seeing evidence in Massachusetts of radiation?
One has to wonder why they would say this and why we should believe them now.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Here's a link of some screen shots i took. High danger levels. They exceed the max

Images

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
they shut it down

shut down proof pic
edit on 28-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NakNok

Yeah. Its reading 0 now. I think I may have got screen shots, but I have to figure out how to upload them. Back soon.

approx 830am est
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8369977fefc0.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 28-3-2011 by mutantgenius because: add pic

edit on 28-3-2011 by mutantgenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
where did they get the sample from? i live 20 miles south of boston and i havent seen any rain in a couple of days...we got snow/rain last thursday so there was radiation in our rain 4 days ago?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
they shut it down

False Alert I say.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here's a link of some screen shots i took. High danger levels. They exceed the max

Images

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I hope so

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

stil working for me though

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SIKKAthanMOST

Thats a good question............

link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Could you upload mine, like yours. And then put them in order. I have sreenshot of 167
(i dont know how to do it)

link   
and another.

this was 925 am est.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a149a51795af.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Maybe or NOT........but the fact that radiation is now showing up in rain clear across the US is a fact........At some point we will see readings like the one in Alabama.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join