It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Developing ozone hole could settle over Scandinavia and Eastern Europe on 30-31 March.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Source:
www.euractiv.com...

"The ozone loss is still going on at high rates and we don't see an end to that for at least 10-14 days," Markus Rex, an atmospheric scientist at the Alfred Wegener Institute, told EurActiv.

The cause seems to be the unussual cold weather and previous aerosoils polution accumulated since 1920s. Just thinking , could the changes in the ozone layer be also the cause for the recorded "humm" in the sky?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The ozone hole, man one time a few years back it was open over Canada and we didn't get any damage that I am aware of. I found this link this morning, perhaps this may shed a little more light on the ozone holes.
www.theozonehole.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Here is a nice link.
It doesn't appear to be anywhere near as bad as it's been in the past.

ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

What area of Canada? Eastern Europe is quite populated, about 80-100 people per sqare Kilometer. Did you get any warning or advice on what you should do ,or info in regards to the warnings?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Your link only shows the south. I wonder how the ozone hole behave during solar flares, quite some sunspots on the sun's surface are getting directed towards earth in the next days too!
edit on 28-3-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I live in Ontario, and this was a few years back, cant recall the exact date but nothing major has happened.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I live in Ontario, and this was a few years back, cant recall the exact date but nothing major has happened.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Interesting.

Plus for the first time in many years, in the last week or so I started to think about the ozone layer again for no reason.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm surprised why more people aren't talking about this. I started a topic about it about a week ago and got hardly any replies lol. Looks like it's spreading, as the National Geographic said it would in the link I posted. Thx for bringing it back up.

Here is my topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-3-2011 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

During 2007-2010 we had the solar minimum, however this time we are having increased solar activity. I am not sure about the implications of the problem, maybe more ATS-ers are more informed about it?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If the ozone holes are in fact opening up again we could be in big trouble,with solar cycle 24 ramping up and the possibility of M-class flares in the next few days, let's just say, watch out Japan or any other major fault line because something wicked this way may be coming.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

Exactly.. just reading some websites, they all claim the follwing:

1) solar flares do affect the ozone layer, reducing it for weeks after a solar flare would hit the earth (splits molecules in the upper athmosphere, molecules that react with the ozone ones)
2) this affect humans by increasing the skin cancer occurance, damaging the eye too - so good UV sun glases would be a help
3) affects the plants and the agricultural output of various crops
4) affects the marine eco-systems by partly killing off the micro-organysmes that form the base of the marine food chain.

So opened ozone holes + solar activity = less food production and risk for animal tissues exposed in the sun..

sorry for my english, i will correct after work.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Here we go , I found a relevant link on how the ozone hole can affect us:
www.theozonehole.com...

In addition to the above list I forgot to add the negative effect on the immune system. This is definitely something I will keep en eye on..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else but I am noticing I am getting sunburnt a lot quicker recently.. I was in the sun on Sunday for less than 20 minutes, it was about 16C got sunburn on my face.. Never used to get that before

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

where do you live?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
Here is a nice link.
It doesn't appear to be anywhere near as bad as it's been in the past.

ozonewatch.gsfc.nasa.gov...

That data is over 3 months old and the wrong pole.

Try these:
exp-studies.tor.ec.gc.ca...

wdc.dlr.de...

edit on 28-3-2011 by Regenmacher because: fixed code

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Hampshire in the UK (southern UK)

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The hole DOD ripped open when they used HAARP or the other space directed energy weapon to steer a typhoon away from the Philippines and towards China ripped a hell of a hole in the ozone. Dang near killed all the coconut trees and plant life on Guam, with the big ozone hole it burnt the living pee out of everything on the ground.....everybody saw that HAARP/ or space directed energy test.

All I can say is if a muslim saw it.....he woulda thought Judgement Day begun.

www.treehugger.com/files/2007/12/palau_and_pentagon_space.php

If that weapon was pointed towards Earth what would it look like if you were standing on the ground?

Earth's about to get a crapload of more ozone holes.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenmacher

The links provided by you , are both showing low ozone values for Scandinavia and also UK, especially Scotland! I wonder why no news is talking about this !!

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcat99

Wow, see my previous posting. I guess this thing is going on for quite a while and no-one tells us ! I guess you need very good sun-glasses, able to properly block the UV light, and also to make sure you do not expose your skin to the radiation. The marine eco-systems are apparently also affected, so the basics of the marine-food chain will be less available . More food trouble ahead!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join