It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will you feel if absolutely nothing of unusual or spectacular importance happens in 2012?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
While I am personally skeptical (which does not mean "I refuse to believe it’s at least possible," incidentally) of this prediction, I am genuinely curious about something.

I ask this not because I intend to assert that nothing will happen, but simply because there have been hundreds upon hundreds - perhaps thousands - of predictions, both short and long term, on ATS which have failed to come to fruition... and that's just in the years I've been here, which isn't all that long at all comparatively speaking. The difference with 2012 is that it's a prediction that's been around a long, long time, which gives people a much longer term, longer cycle period during which to invest emotion, preparedness, hope, and anxiety into the coming of this date. So it would seem natural to me that the reaction if nothing happens - be that reaction pleasant or unpleasant - would be heightened to a similar degree. Maybe I'm wrong. Hence the question.

Regardless of whether your interests/suspicions lie in Nibiru/planet X, some form of spiritual ascension, ET disclosure, some sort of extinction level event, a magnetic pole shift, or just a major transition in human affairs, how will you personally feel if nothing happens by the end of 2012? (Or 2011 if you're in the camp that believes the 2012 date is incorrect.)

Would it alter your feelings regarding predictions in general? Would you feel relieved? Disappointed? Would you hold out belief that the date was just off by a year or so and wait for 2013? 2014? Etc.? And if so, why? On what basis? How would you, personally, feel if nothing happened?

What would you do? And how would you treat similar predictions in the future compared to how you treat them now? The same? Differently? If the same, why? If differently, why?

Again, this is not an assertion that nothing will happen. As a skeptic, I cannot assert anything because I have no proof as to events that have not yet taken place (obviously.) I am just genuinely curious about what it is that people are hoping/fearing will happen, and what they will feel if nothing happens and the year just rolls by like any other. For example, I can say with relative certainty that if something did hapen, I would have to seriously reevaluate how I look at this prediction. I would have to seriously consider what evidence existed for the events that transpired being linked to the prediction. Currently I view such predictions skeptically, but open-mindedly. I might be prone to take those with similar characteristics a bit more seriously (I would remain skeptical of course, but I might take more notice and not be quite so emotionally neutral) if major events of an unusual or profound nature unfold by the end of 2012. Likewise, I want to know how you will feel and react or modify your approach to such predictions (if at all) if nothing happens.

Thanks. Peace.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Without reading the complete post.

I will feel the conformation that we are not worthy for change. If people don't start believing in us as one, all will be lost.

always nice to hear once in a while

edit on 28-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Im gonna have one hell of a big ebay sale with all my SHTF crap. And that will make the wife happy

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I am still on the fence about 2012 but the earth is definetly going through some major crap right now. We may not even make it to 2012. Predictions in my opinion are just guesses as far as I am concerned. Sooner or later someone has to predict something right.The whole solar system seems to be having something happening, the sun is getting more active,Mars seems to be warming up, there is a major storm on Saturn...just to name a few. I am starting to lean towards natural cycles that may be hundreds of thousands of years old that man has not yet witnessed.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i will feel like pointing my finger and laughing whilst at the same time waiting in anticipation to hear what the next big theory is going to be.

I will also feel like counting the large number of long-time ATS posters that will mysteriously vanish after this date to see if it coincides with the exact number of new members that suddenly join with remarkably similar names to those who vanished. But that's a conspiracy/miracle for another day

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I will fantastic thank you (and very relieved)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

vindicated - till the next doomsday date is announced , then it starts over again

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I hope something happens because it would be amazing to be a part of. Excited to see a lot of the way the world works have to start over and have the chance to do things better this time.

I have a feeling something will happen. It will most likely be the result of a group of humans creating a major disaster solely because of the embarrassment they have to face on Dec 22nd when nothing extraordinary occurred the day before.

Some will die in suicide pacts and that alone will be newsworthy enough to be labeled "significant".

Im sure there will be events and parties... So the day will have to be focused on by whatever media is dominate in a year and a half.

Enjoy the build up because that might just be the most fun part of 12-21-2012. I hope not so we can start over in many areas, b ut who knows...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

This is a more inspiring version imo thanks to the music in it.

Quite possibly the greatest speech I've ever heard.

And I agree, unity is the key here. We all live on this earth together and borders are merely the invention of man, and TPTB are afraid of our unification because it's the only thing that can truly stamp them out. I know humanity will break free of the tyranny once we learn to coexist for the greater good, it's just a question of how and when. It can't come any sooner.
edit on 28/3/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Your question is quite ironic really, your asking us to make a prediction of the future. I can't tell you how I will feel on 21/12/2012, depends what will be going on in my life at that time, but I'm pretty sure I'll feel pretty much the same as I did on 20/12/2012..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerramjett

I'm more or less with you on this "on the fence" I think something will happen, it certainly is heading in that direction now considering the middle east and Japan and other nations are in a state of unrest. Whatever does or does not happen, I expect that if it "does" then it's all set up, planned and fabricated. Best way to catch something is to bait them, snare them and then capture them..looks like we are all heading down that road

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's not about the date. It's about awareness, that the way we are headed cannot be good. So many things are intensifying, they are not getting any better on multiple levels and will have to peak soon enough. That day will come, whether it be 2012 or not. The path infront of us does not look good.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I would be slightly disappointed, if nothing happens on 2012. But I would carry on with life as usual after Dec. 2012. The point is, a change is desperately required in the thinking process of humanity and how it functions on earth, and the belief systems that it is holding on to. If all that is changed, then this earth would turn into a heaven.
edit on 28-3-2011 by illuminazislayer because: change can come

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well, I assume many interesting and unanticipated events will occur in 2012 just as they will occur (and already have occurred) in 2011 and occurred in 2010. However, that is of course not the real question.

I expect that the 05-2011 and 12-2012 predictions of apocalyptic events will be proven once again to be incorrect. I expect many tragedies will befall us, but the vast majority of our 7 billion people will continue on with their lives. Some will be a little better off, some will be worse off. With any luck there will be many of the former and very few of the latter.

I always find these dire predictions befuddling, even more so when so many people believe them despite the many, many, many previous ones (sometimes from the same folks) that have proven to be dead wrong. Oh well, people believe the strangest things and it does little good to attempt to dissuade true believers.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Honestly I will be very disappointed, and it will be directed at all the stupid pricks who have made these stupid predictions up.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I would be relieved. Always hope for the best... but be prepared for the worst. Honorably... to the best of your means and abilities.
edit on 28-3-2011 by hederahelix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

if nothing happens? it'll be one heck of a new years eve party.. nope i wouldn't be dismayed in any way neither would i put it off by a year or two.. neither would i change my mind as regards conspiracy theories.. =)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think everyone can rest assured that weeks, possibly months leading up Dec, 21 2012, will be disastrous. I personally don't think anyone has definitive evidence to pove that ominous date is indeed the end. I do believe though, that there will be alot of man made disasters and acts of cult terrorism. I believe the date has engrained itself into our society, on a global scale that some people will do just about anything to bring there vision of the end nigh. I dont believe the end will come on that date, but I do think on the morning of Dec 22 2012, we will wake up in the morning and wonder what the hell we did to ourselves.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I will feel the same way I felt when I was 9. "Why arent computers freaking out and destroying the world?! What happened to Y2K?! You all freaked me out for no reason. Thanks"

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I`ll be devastated, but not because i`m a hardcore believer - In fact I`m a pessimist and i believe nothing`s going to happen.
But, I do hope something`s gonna happen and i can`t imagine the world and my personal life just keep going without any huge change. It will be unbearable. 2012 is kinda last hope for so many people - that`s why so many believe, although i don`t think there are any serious reasons to believe, people believe because they need to...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join