It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Tried To Contact Aliens, I Think it Might Have Worked!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

That's alright, but do you believe in spirits at all?

I think I do, I definitely believe enough to ask a spirit guild for help. How would I go about asking? Would I simply ask in the same way I ask the aliens?

I would think so, yes, definitely. It may help as well to jot down your intention before going to sleep, as a form of autosuggestion. I've had very good results with this, especially if you have some moments before bed to lay and relax and let your mind calm. My most recurring problem with not achieving the connections I hope to in dreams is generally because I go to bed too tired and often times after drinking alcohol. I forgot how much of a difference a clear head and a nice meditation before sleep can make.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

I am actually considering contacting my spirit guide, i'm not sure I believe in "spirit guides" but for the purpose of a good nights sleep i'm gonna give it ago anyway.

I have been reading up on the subject and it seems suprisingly easy.

Should be intresting.
edit on 28-3-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesdown
@ LanceDH The falling feeling I get alot when I am trying to relax it has stopped over time and is usually because I am stressed or anxoius. My falling feeling is usually accompanied by a short intake of breath like iv stoppped breathing or like im breaking through water but i kno it is just an anxiety/stress related.

I do not like the falling feeling but it does go over time, you just gotta relax and not fear the sensation.

My falling feeling is not like this.

The best way to describe it would be; like a bungee jump but before I bounce back there is a "Thud!". I should note that the thud is more of a sound than a feeling (its hard to explain). This falling feeling is also accompanied by a sound that I can only describe as train-like.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Sounds like dreams could be a part, but I guess I'm of the opinion that dreams are not to be discredited experiences, most especially if they have a profound effect on someone.

this comment is not directed at you, eyesdown, just a general comment: I don't see much help in this topic to try and discount the experience or close the book on it by identifying what state of sleep or wake the OP was in. To me it is irrelevent. Experiences which are paranormal happen in both states, and so the distinction doesn't really take us too much further. It would be nice to know, I suppose, but being dreaming doesn't make this experience less real.

In fact, the likelihood of it being in the hypnagogic state seems most likely to me, the stitch between waking reality as we know it and sleep. So sleep paralysis seems a possibility. But in the hypnagogic state we're the most vulnerable and open to paranormal and/or spiritual/et phenomenon.

Our body is relaxing with our mind, yet we still have our consciousness and so our short term memory is included with our blend of unconscious and conscious thought patterns.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

i dont know if u chose to purposely ignore my post or what, but i strongly advise you to just get some sleeping tablets, thats all you need. No ridiculous spirit guides are going to help you, believe in science, it's your friend

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why oh why would anyone wish these experiences on themselves? IF They want something from you, they will take it. Any fellow abductees reading this thread and just shaking their heads? It is not a joke, but doing something like that you are playing with fire. I cannot be certain but I do think these types of aliens are what Biblical demons are based upon. They fell from the heavens, correct? Out of God's grace. They are playing God and there is no way it isn't against our free will. I have never said, "sure take a generous helping of my genetic materials, all you need to create an abomination". Nope, not once can I recall that.

Granted,not all my experiences have been negative but the nagging part of me says. They have no authority to create, yet that is what they are doing .Using my body (and countless others)to incubate even for a second what they make is not ok, and it was never my choice! I have more questions than answers regarding all this but enough smarts to realize asking for contact is not wise.

Just from the way you explained OP, you either tapped into a negative energy entity(they feed off our fear and negative thoughts) which again I am not convinced isn't one and the same as the Biblical definition of a demon or you got a visit from a curious something with a more neutral energy, I am glad you learned a lesson from this however. Be thankful you have a choice!

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
you have mentioned that you had some marks on your hand, can you describe them please. thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

ok no one seems to know a thing about your situation so im going to have to fill you in on what you experienced. You said you've had sleep paralysis before and thats exactly what it still is. I'm sorry that you might think this is something higher then simply your mind and body causing you harm but that's all it is. Iv had sleep paralysis since i was about 13, am 21 now, it stopped about 1-2 years ago.

I went through horrific experiences of sleep paralysis that i thought were aliens visiting me at night and i figured out eventually that it was all to do with sleep paralysis. www.abovetopsecret.com...
You need to study sleep paralysis in its entirety where you'll find that as real as these experiences seem to be - all the pain and physical contact you think is occurring is really just in your mind. I was awake though all of it and i thought i knew it couldn't be sleep paralysis but i didn't know better.

That's what's amazing about the brain, what it can conjure up is f'd up but thankfully its not real. Remember that you said you were making noises as an attempt to cry for help for your girlfriend to alert her of what was happening to you, and at this very time your girlfriend just saw you moving around making weird noises. Exactly what you would be doing if you were going through sleep paralysis.

Now to get rid of sleep paralysis you just need sleeping tablets - local doctor, tell him you're going through sleep paralysis he'll give you sleeping tablets and u'll never meet those pesky aliens again. I PROMISE U

Sorry I missed your post.

I agree that what happened to me could have just been a trick of my brain but it felt so real and it was so different to what I have previously experienced with SP, it leads me to believe there was more to it.

I will only use sleeping tablets as a last resort.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ayman13

I have three little scratchs on my right hand,between the base of my thumb and the top of my wrist.

The first scratch closest to the bottom of my thumb is about 10mm long, then there is a 6-7mm gap to the next scratch, the second scratch is about 3mm long, then there about a 1inch and half gap to the third scratch, the third scratch is about 10-12mm long.

If you think they are of any importance I will take a picture for you later.

To add: I said I only had two marks in an earlier post, I have only just noticed the small 3mm scratch.
edit on 28-3-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by of the Ether

I did not know how it would be, "curiosity killed the cat" and all that jazz.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

i dont know if u chose to purposely ignore my post or what, but i strongly advise you to just get some sleeping tablets, thats all you need. No ridiculous spirit guides are going to help you, believe in science, it's your friend

Ha, excuse me but "ridiculous spirit guides" is a seriously ill-informed choice of words.

Science is a friend, and apparently you don't know the history of our our greatest scientists!

Do a bit of research my friend, you'll see that it all boils down to dreams seen in spirits. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with Asclepius, the Greek god of healing. Many of our greatest beginning scientists who were pioneers studied and learned in the schools which sought asclepius' contact, IN DREAMS. So if that isn't a spirit guide, I don't know what is.

Galen of Pergamon, Wiki

Aelius Galenus or Claudius Galenus (better known as Galen of Pergamon) was a prominent Roman (of Greek ethnicity) physician, surgeon and philosopher. Arguably the most accomplished of all medical researchers of antiquity, Galen contributed greatly to the understanding of numerous scientific disciplines including anatomy,physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and neurology, as well as philosophy, and logic.

en.wikipedia.org...

However Galen states that in around 145, his father had a dream in which the god Asclepius (Aesculapius) appeared and commanded Nicon to send his son to study medicine. Again, no expense was spared, and following his earlier liberal education, at 16 he began studies at the prestigious local sanctuary or Asclepieum dedicated to Asclepius, god of medicine, as a θεραπευτής (therapeutes, or attendant) for four years.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

Or how about his essay, On Diagnosis from Dreams
www.ucl.ac.uk...

Apparently you are unaware that science and spirits are not opposite ends of the spectrum, but science is constantly trying to approach that which it is aiming to explain, spirit word. They are waters from the same fountain, two sides of the same coin. Don't misinterpret, and get off of your high horse.

Sleep paralysis seems like a good explanation for the phenomenon the OP experienced, and it also seems that sleep paralysis is one of the most common times to experience these things, since your frozen in the hypnagogic state. Perhaps you're in denial and want to tell yourself that these were all just random thoughts your subconscious conjured up, but I'm not sure how you can be certain of such a thing for anyone else. That's rather illogical, and irrational.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by Dragonfly79

So what your saying is, train my brain to have "selective hearing".

Yeah, sort of. You see the mind is actually much like pandora's box, it carries all these memories of both the good and the bad but only when in certain circumstances does it activate these memories so things make sense to you and you experience all these emotions which you might act upon.

When you start communicating in your mind with something external and it turns out whatever is speaking to you (over which you have no control, otherwise it is you speaking to yourself) activates those bad memories and because of it you experience dread and despair it will be a lot tougher to try and think up a kind of an off switch simply because part of your brain is partially distracted or preoccupied and you need it to create that off switch. Ofcourse you might be one of the lucky ones who never meets bad entities but I wouldn't take any chances.

Creating a set of beliefs which make it understandable how you can 'dial' to other beings would be helpful too as a kind of safety net, instead of just thinking of being on an island and shooting a flare hoping some ship might respond, which you appear to be doing to me at least. Maybe you might be taken away from that island, just as people claim they have been abducted. Now I'm not saying it's a bad thing but have you explored the island fully, do you have safe places there where no trespassers can enter, do you have any kind of defense installed against unwanted visitors? Naturally you would not have since it is concensus that tells us there is no threat. Religious folks however have some defenses but to non religious people they are imaginary defenses against equally imaginary enemies.

It would be better to start this once you believe the soul is like a spaceship created by something else (just like the physical body) and there are preprogrammed coordinates inside in case it's captain becomes selfaware. It's all mostly beliefs you fall back to in order to make yourself feel safe, it's usually fear when things go wrong or not as expected that is what makes people go insane.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Why would you take pills as a last resort? Take them first please!, everything else is a waist of your time. Go to ur chemist, buy them, sleep. Ur done for ever.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutante

strange and scary. remember that you sent out a signal and left your sistem open: anything might have answered: from aliens to less than friendly spirits. might be quite dangerous, doing it this way.

Agreed, and well said. It could've been something that wants to make you fearful so you stop trying to contact Aliens. Or you might've even made contact with not very friendly Aliens. Don't think they're all like that though, becase if there's bad ones out there there's surely good ones too, and neutral ones, etc, that aren't very bothered about us either way.

And respect for having the courage to try.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions
Ha, excuse me but "ridiculous spirit guides" is a seriously ill-informed choice of words.

Not if you're an educated person - eg when to school.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with Asclepius

wait so you're saying a man that back thousands of years ago that had no understanding of modern science is a good example of what u base your personal beliefs on - that all the spiritual stuff u believe in is true??? Thats very pathetic.

I'm not sure how you can be certain of such a thing for anyone else. That's rather illogical, and irrational.

Please research the facts, im not trying to come off us arrogant but its annoying i have to make a logical point that most people should come to after a few seconds of research.

en.wikipedia.org...

Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to REM atonia, the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Sleep paralysis occurs either when falling asleep, or when awakening. When it occurs upon falling asleep, the person remains aware while the body shuts down for REM sleep, and it is called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. When it occurs upon awakening, the person becomes aware before the REM cycle is complete, and it is called hypnopompic or postdormital. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "by which the individual may experience panic symptoms.

In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger. Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful or dream-like objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.

Treatment starts with patient education about sleep stages and about the muscle atonia that is typically associated with REM sleep. It is recommended that patients be evaluated for narcolepsy if symptoms persist

www.csicop.org...

When it comes to “alien abduction” claims and any number of other sleep-related “paranormal” encounters—whether with ghosts, vampires, werewolves, or whatever else— skeptics have long suspected the existence of a simple, overarching explanation. And now a string of papers by scientists at Harvard University, the latest of which was published by Transcultural Psychiatry in March, bolster the notion that such stories can be traced back to the common experience known as sleep paralysis,and the hallucinations that sometimes accompany it.

Science says sleep paralysis. You know more then scientists???
edit on 28-3-2011 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions

Not if you're an educated person - eg when to school.

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with Asclepius

wait so you're saying a man that back thousands of years ago that had no understanding of modern science is a good example of what u base your personal beliefs on - that all the spiritual stuff u believe in is true??? Thats very pathetic.

I'm not sure how you can be certain of such a thing for anyone else. That's rather illogical, and irrational.

Please research the facts, im not trying to come off us arrogant but its annoying i have to make a logical point that most people should come to after a few seconds of research.

en.wikipedia.org...

Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to REM atonia, the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep. Sleep paralysis occurs either when falling asleep, or when awakening. When it occurs upon falling asleep, the person remains aware while the body shuts down for REM sleep, and it is called hypnagogic or predormital sleep paralysis. When it occurs upon awakening, the person becomes aware before the REM cycle is complete, and it is called hypnopompic or postdormital. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "by which the individual may experience panic symptoms.

In addition, the paralysis may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger. Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations. The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful or dream-like objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.

Treatment starts with patient education about sleep stages and about the muscle atonia that is typically associated with REM sleep. It is recommended that patients be evaluated for narcolepsy if symptoms persist

www.csicop.org...

When it comes to “alien abduction” claims and any number of other sleep-related “paranormal” encounters—whether with ghosts, vampires, werewolves, or whatever else— skeptics have long suspected the existence of a simple, overarching explanation. And now a string of papers by scientists at Harvard University, the latest of which was published by Transcultural Psychiatry in March, bolster the notion that such stories can be traced back to the common experience known as sleep paralysis, and the hallucinations that sometimes accompany it.

Science says sleep paralysis. You know more then scientists???

You are being arrogant. Open your eyes. First, I believe I said that sleep paralysis DOES look like a good answer to me.

Secondly, that "man from thousands of years ago" was a pioneer in what you worship, which is science. Stop fanatically worshiping and you might realize that it's not all black and white. Sleep paralysis and spirit contact not only can coexist, but they compliment each other.

Third, I never said that I base my personal beliefs on Galen, I suggested you should research him. To ignore your past is to limit your future. As someone who is now claiming to be so intellectual and smart, assuming your "education" means anything is quite ignorant. Seriously, you're panicking over this idea that maybe science is not the sole explanation of the universe. Some people who have gone to school still believe in things that science refuses, why? Because they actually experienced them. Science cannot experience. It is very good and useful and can do very much good, but I'm really getting tired of tunnel-visioned "scientists" closing off their minds and ignoring things which slap them in the face.

Science is based on observation.
Our experiences are direct observations.
It is unwise to use selective hearing when it comes to people's accounts of personal experiences.
If a person's word can be heard in a court hearing to put someone to death or behind bars, why discredit their experiences relating to unexplainable phenomenon?

And when it comes to spirituality, I have very much to learn, but I wouldn't disagree with the statement that a whole lot of scientists don't know squat about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ur done for ever.

To put it mildly.
Great advice, friend.

Pop a pill, solve your problems!
Trust the pharmaceutical giants who really care about YOU!

PLEASE, give me a break, and don't be so certain of your advice, as if you're some kind of expert. It's not very nice to do.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I think I understand what your saying.

Because I have no beliefs I have no defences against that which I do not believe in.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

Well I had been reading about people wanting aliens to help humanity with this time of crisis. The reasons I tried to contact them was (and this might sound silly) firstly to confirm my belief that they exist and secondly to ask if they would be winning to help us in times of need.

I didn't get the experience I wanted.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Why would you take pills as a last resort? Take them first please!, everything else is a waist of your time. Go to ur chemist, buy them, sleep. Ur done for ever.

Because I saw what they did to my mother, I do not wish to discuss this anymore on the thread if you would like to know more then U2U me.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join