It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**ALERT** 1,000+ Millisieverts now detected OUTSIDE of reactor 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
**ALERT** 1,000+ Millisieverts per hour now detected outside of reactor 2

URGENT: High-level radiation detected in trench outside Fukushima reactor building

High levels of radiation exceeding 1,000 millisieverts per hour were found in water in a trench outside the No. 2 reactor's turbine building at the troubled nuclear power plant in Fukushima on Sunday afternoon, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Monday.

One end of the tunnel-like trench is located about 55 meters from the shore, with the surface of the water staying about 1 meter below its ground-level hole. But no trace has been confirmed of the contaminated water having flowed into the sea, an official of the company said.

Similarly high levels of radioactivity have been found in a pool of water in the basement of the turbine building for the No. 2 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi complex, raising concerns that radioactive substances may have seeped into the environment, including the sea nearby.

The level of radiation at a similar trench for the No. 1 reactor was 0.4 millisievert per hour, the utility company said, adding that radiation could not be measured at a similar location for the No. 3 unit due to difficulty getting there.

link

Such high levels now outside- as in... out in the open. This is it. Very grave news indeed. My heart sank when I read it.

edit on 28-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MedievalGhost

Ya know, all of this "news" is beginning to look the same to me.

The headlines are different, but they all say the same thing: DOOM AND GLOOM.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontProbeMeBro
reply to post by MedievalGhost

Ya know, all of this "news" is beginning to look the same to me.

The headlines are different, but they all say the same thing: DOOM AND GLOOM.

With remarkably very little depth, it seems they cram the doom into the first lines and there ends the story..

on topic, I really hope this is not the case...as I have no idea where they go from here..

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I've posted the same news (and something more from BBC and Greenpeace) on the existing ATS thread:

Above Top Secret

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
They say that it is NOT connected to the ocean [of course, believe what you like] - - but I guess we will just have to wait and see where it goes from here. They are just going to keep telling us, "It's okay, it's okay!" - - They probably just keep showing the same footage from days ago, and say "BREAKING NEWS". - - Either that or they recorded a bunch of footage in the first couple days, and show little bits day-by-day and say that it's new footage, haha.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Soon it may reach a point where the entire plant will have to be permanently evacuated due to high radiation levels. That time may be coming very soon.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Is this confirmed? because it is then it isn't then it is then it isn't I wish everything and everyone were more transparent.
edit on 28-3-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
I've posted the same news (and something more from BBC and Greenpeace) on the existing ATS thread:

Above Top Secret

Fresh thread is much better than it being hidden away on page 10000millionzillion where 3-4 people will notice it, and only 0-1 will care

EDIT:
This image has been scaled down to be visible, but you cannot see the words.. Here is where i grabbed this image i also recall seeing it on another thread.

I circled the part where i think '1,000 millisieverts' are.. And that's pretty high if you read the description.
Between '400mSv-2000mSv is Dose causing symptoms of radiation poisoning-Severe radiation poisoning in some cases fatal (Most likely longterm fatal due to radiation posioning)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9ea305294e1.png[/atsimg]
www.thomasruschke.com...

Also also, i would like to know if anyone could add a map of how far off this radiation is.. I am concered for the people of Japan, however i would like to be aware on the West Coast of the USA. No fear is not driving me to all you people jumping on the term fear mongering. Just aware. Want to know the impacts on life in the ocean and West Coast of USA.

Thanks.

edit on 28-3-2011 by Anttyk47 because: Adding more opinions

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
1,000+ millisieverts per hour of radiation outside, out in the open might put Tokyo area and her water supply in danger if the winds blow south. We'll now have to watch those Tokyo dosimeters closely.
edit on 28-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Soon it may reach a point where the entire plant will have to be permanently evacuated due to high radiation levels. That time may be coming very soon.

I am sure this is a deep worry.. and I hope you keep safe and well..

I mentioned this on another thread, but the Sky news in the UK had one of the scientists that worked on the Windscale nuclear disaster in the late 1950s.. he kept trying to crowbar into the interview that this was somehow NOT a meltdown but rather something else, something different and I got the feeling something more dangerous, but the talking heads kept cutting him off and trying to redirect the conversation.

I have to admit that I am deeply interested in what he had to say since he has worked inside these plants and in these kinds of conditions.. a real understanding of what is going on/could happen would I think be very helpful to either alleviate fears or allow people to take the best precautions they can.. sadly it feels they do not trust us with that information,

new topics

top topics

join